This Grow Journal Has It All! Big Car Chase - Explosions!

Continued:

Did some SCROG Building today!

Got her built with 1x2 furring strips 8 feet long and a couple of scraps that I had laying around.

My tent is 3x3 so I built the scrog just to cover the back half of the tent, basically 1.5 x 3 feet. It is 24 inches tall!

All of the strips are joined together with 2 inch ceramic coated screws so they won’t rust.

@North_East_Newbie @TxGrowman @Willd @Nug-bug @Hogmaster
@OldStealth @Myfriendis410 @GrowManFitz @Tonyb @daz49

Post 2 of 3

20 Likes

Woohoo @bob31
Look at you go brother :+1:
Your becoming a growing machine lmfao :+1:
Nice job brother
Oh and I like how you painted the Ac and wood.black to keep it stealth :sunglasses:
Happy growing brother :cowboy_hat_face: John

3 Likes

Continued 2:

SCROGing Gold Leaf ( GL )

Here she is ready to go. I removed the two BBA’s and also all three lights to give myself room to work!

Everyone back in the tent, mission accomplished!

@Jmesser80 @BobWags @Stonetothebone @ragnar @MBgrower
@Screwauger @jasong @katz @TokersHaven @Zombo

post 3 of 3

23 Likes

Posting for tags. Update begins a few up!

Thanks everyone for stopping by. Worked up quite a sweat in the 90 degree heat! Love summer!

@Jacktheripper20896 @Tdave1211 @Annebonny @oldstoner
@Ray4x @Rugar89 @Getbackjojo

6 Likes

Thanks CB Much appreciated! I posted more pics after your comments! I love doing this stuff almost as much as growing! LOL

I am going to lower the SCROG a bit more tomorrow, I didn’t want to take a chance of pushing on GL too much and snapping her main stem! I put bricks under each corner, so later tonight or tomorrow I will drop her down the rest of the way. @Countryboyjvd1971

4 Likes

Nice brother your going to have a nice full tent :+1:

2 Likes

Nice SCROG screen Bob!
You’ll be filling that with buds in no time! :relaxed:

4 Likes

I’m going to let her fill 1.5 x 3 feet of SCROG! 4.5 square feet! WooHoo!!! LOL Brother she is gonna be a big ole happy girl! @Countryboyjvd1971

4 Likes

Thanks brother! Cost me almost nothing. Got a bundle of the 1x2 furring strip to nail down the tarp on my other shed roof, so I recycled everything basically since they had all been purchased for other projects! @North_East_Newbie She’s gonna be the belle of the ball!

3 Likes

Hahha that whatbwe are going for brother :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

So @bob31 when scrog you tuck the taller branches under the screen until the lower branches catch up correct? I’m thinking of trying this but I need to get a tent more suited for it I only have 1 access point so it would be difficult for me to water the plants at the back of the tent.

4 Likes

@Jmesser80 you have plant outside as well right ?

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 yeah I’m currently growing outdoors but I do an indoor grow during the winter months that I would like to try this method with.

3 Likes

If I didn’t know better I’d say you’ve been raiding my toolbox. Looks great buddy.

3 Likes

Yes Sir basically you get a nice even canopy so when they flower they all stay about the same height and you don’t have one main cola that is 6 feet high!

I also fimmed her twice so I have at least 8 different branches off the main stem. @Jmesser80

@Screwauger just posted a very nice pic over on his grow. i will post a link for you in a second!

3 Likes

Look at that, great job @bob31

Now your giving me ideas about my next grow…I see a GL scrog in the back and two BB auto’s in front…but then I would need a third autopot or to hand water one plant! Wheels are turning!

Nice Set up Bob.

1 Like

You can scrog outdoors as well I have one clone under a 8 foot by 4foot screen :+1: @Jmesser80

4 Likes

Thanks @bob31 for the referral, never thought my scrog would be a model lol

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 I was just thinking about that too! GG is at her 5th node, next one that pops she is getting FIMmed and I’m gonna do an outdoor SCROG on her too!

4 Likes

I’ll have to give it a shot outdoors next year. My outdoor ladies are already flowering well so I don’t want to disrupt them.
I have been looking at new tents trying to find a decent, not too expensive 4x4 with 2 access points to make it easier to reach the plants in the back. Although if doing the scrog method I probably will only need 2 plants so the tent I currently have would probably work with the plants in the center of the tent.

3 Likes