This Grow Journal Has It All! Big Car Chase - Explosions!

I found these, they don’t show them well but I think you can see them

1 Like

@darren are you referring to the coco coir rings used to help maintain moisture and deter fungus gnats and other pests?

1 Like

If that’s the little brown balls then yeah that’d be them

All I see in these pics are the hydroton (expanded clay). They are often used as a hydroponic grow media or on top of soil to prevent fungus growth and deter fungus gnats and other pests (same idea as the coco fiber rings I thought you were talking about).

http://www.amazon.com/GROW-GMC10L-Pebbles-Liter-4mm-16mm/dp/B009LNOZQ2

3 Likes

I did think they might have been something to do with hydro grow ,as the little I do know about growing so far as I’m only on my 2nd grow and I don’t do hydro

1 Like

Wheatgrass and the bba and gl beans have been soaking for about 12 hours. Swapped out the water on the wheatgrass and again in 12 hours.

Had to move the beans into a bowl and onto the top of the cable box. The temps in my room are too low right now and the top of the cable box is about 78+ . I put a thermometer in there with them so I can see the temps.

Nice to get a new grow going!

6 Likes

They are clay Pebbles for hydro… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Right you are @peachfuzz,thanks for clearing that up for me, I did wonder lol in case it was something I should be doing and you don’t know unless you ask do you, cheers :wink:

4 Likes

@bob31 Damn dude. Your seeds haven’t even germinated yet and you already have 49 posts on your journal! This is going to be a long one! :wink:

3 Likes

Start with a bang cause let’s face it if you do more right than wrong the rest is pretty boring!

I might break out the shed to a separate thread haven’t decided yet. Lol

Did a water swap on the Wheatgrass and I see a few tails.

The bba and gl are on top of the cable box since last evening as it was too cold otherwise. 80 now there.

3 Likes

You didn’t tag me ;(

@Tonyb :grin:

1 Like

Sorry @Tonyb I missed a few good peeps!

2 Likes

Much love <3 gl on grow, doubt you need it though :wink:

2 Likes

Always good to have. Trouble happens to the best of us! @Tonyb

3 Likes

36 hours from the beans dropping into water and we have germination on two out of three!

At 8pm I freshened the water of the wheatgrass and we’ll see how they look tomorrow morning!

I also just checked my bba and gl beans and the gl has a small tail and so does one of the bba’s so they’re​ going into their starter pots tomorrow!

8 Likes

So the gl is ready for her pot. The two bba need some more time. I will check back on them in about 4 hours.

Gotta get busy and put some holes into the pots!

4 Likes

Sufficient holes in the bottom and sides!

The tool that does it all! Soldering iron makes the nice neat holes!

Potted up with Happy Frog

Gold Leaf waiting for her new home!

11 Likes

@bob31… Moving along on schedule… That sprout is gonna get big fast!

1 Like

Yes, the gold leaf is a good growing strain so I have high hopes! @Zombo

In her new pot and into the grow dome and under the t-5 we go!

Added the Aqua Stone to raise the RH and reset the Hygrometer

6 Likes