Theories...whatcha got?

I regret I cannot because I no longer discuss apples with oranges, I make Sangria with that mix instead, and it usually turns out for the better

(I was attempting to illustrate a point regarding falsehoods, which seems to be a popular narrative these days)

I just wish…

Wish…

Wish…

What’s wrong with wishing…

Someday like all of you I just hope to have some understanding of everything I’ve been through so that I can understand and not judge…

Sorry if I got to deep…

:v::sunglasses:

I thought that was Morpheus! :wink:

Enlighten me, my friend. Let us come to the Truth.

I actually believe she may see my King reign, if she survives. Not believing in God, how could she accept a beast as God. Unless you take her reference to humanist to the level of Humanism. Even then, someone believing that couldn’t claim to be an atheist because it elevates us to god status, thereby saying there is a god. Silly thoughts in my head.

The anti-Christmas stuff is part of what I meant about censorship.

It’s the way it has to be…

Enlighten me, my friend. Let us come to the Truth.

…what is truth?

One day there will be no more questions because you will have all your answers.

It takes more patience than growing a good sativa…

Jesus is Truth.

@FloridaSon if you look back in history at some point people used to eat babies to survive because they were freezing in there were no animals around to eat… but they did what they did to survive… I hope and pray as the future comes I never have to make decisions like that … sometimes the Beast hides in all of us… now is that a good thing or a bad thing , that I want Humanity to survive… in a situation where there is no good outcome… most people hope and believe that there always is a good outcome… hopefully you never see that there is no good outcome because then we’re all f*****

I think I may have gotten way to deep again…lol
Put your boots on…

I see a glorious outcome. I’m not sure it aligns with what other people believe the end will be, but I look to that perfect day.

Just gonna have to endure a glimpse of hell to get there…

Goodnight all…

"… I read to the above point and then I tuned out and stopped reading because at this point this entire statement became untrue, or skewed, in my opinion.

It’s a broad, incorrect generalization, therefore everything that came after it is predicated on a falsehood, in my opinion."

@FloridaSon, see what I mean?

But his anger is coming from being lumped in with what he sees as a false statement. It doesn’t mean he hates you though.

We say we’re for free speech. Most believers would disagree with that now. For voicing our beliefs, we are labeled many negative things. It’s clear that this country was founded on, and thrived under, Judeo-Christian beliefs.

If that was not true, they would not be passing all the new laws and removing, once honored, documents. Have you noticed how much our society has declined since speaking of God started becoming taboo?

Corruption, crimes, oppression…not many people are better off now, (personally, not materially.), than their grandparents. Things are easier and more convenient now, but not better.

Hmm…my beautiful wife just got home. :smiling_imp: I’ll get back to you later!..

This is why I left politics.

I made no false statements. Maybe generalized, but certainly not false. I know the difference between real fact and made up conspiracy theory.

The very idea that atheists are trying to take over is preposterous. The notion that non-believers are trying to somehow get rid of Christmas is a fantasy. I live in the most blue, atheist place in the country and right now it looks like Christmas was puked up all over the entire city! I have a nativity scene in my lobby.

Some people need to get off the internet and read a real NEWSpaper. None of this is true. It is conspiracy theory at its most corrosive.

“We say we’re for free speech. Most believers would disagree with that now. For voicing our beliefs, we are labeled many negative things. It’s clear that this country was founded on, and thrived under, Judeo-Christian beliefs.”

No one is telling believers that they cannot speak their beliefs! The only thing they can’t do is deprive someone else of their civil rights, like gay marriage for example.

This country was not founded on any religious rights. Many of the founding fathers were not even Christian. I know most believers don’t want to admit it, but it is the truth. I’m sorry. They were smart enough to keep religion out and this is why we have always had the separation of church and state… always.

“If that was not true, they would not be passing all the new laws and removing, once honored, documents. Have you noticed how much our society has declined since speaking of God started becoming taboo?”

The only laws that are being passed recently are to bring civil rights to more people and to be no longer limited to white men. No documents have been removed – I have no idea what you could be talking about.

Society has not declined in the least, but progress takes time, and God is certainly not taboo. However, when God takes the place of science, or fact then yes, god must take a back seat, because the one thing you forget is that there are many gods of many people living right here in this country. Even before white, European man got here. So who’s god should we be basing our laws?

“Corruption, crimes, oppression…not many people are better off now, (personally, not materially.), than their grandparents. Things are easier and more convenient now, but not better.”

Things are better for many people, not everyone for certain, but for women and some minorities it has gotten better, slowly over excruciating time. Crime is down almost everywhere. The poor and middle-class have health insurance and a safety net so they don’t go bankrupt over an illness.

Look, personally, I don’t care. I’m quite wealthy and none of this affects me. I have company health insurance, a 401k, and lots of perks. But I do care because I want everyone to be better off, not just me. I am perfectly happy to have my taxes raised so that others, who are not as fortunate as me, can have an easier and more fulfilling life.

This is the last time I will speak on this topic in this forum. I know I made some generalizations, but I’m not going to look up facts (from real sources) to prove each point. Not because I cant, but because I’m sick of doing it, and then being told that the NY Time’s or Washington Post are nothing but propaganda, which is laughable.

I came to this wonderful community to grow some weed and maybe make some new friends, and I will not be suckered into a discussion I’ve had a thousand times on my own political blogs that end in fights and hatred. I’m done.

I’m sorry if I sound like a silly elitist, and I hope this didn’t sound too angry, but I’ve been having this same, old talk for the past year and a half and I’m tired. I’m not angry, I’m just annoyed.

Thanks for reading

@FloridaSon @raustin

There’s no anger in that statement, it’s to illustrate what was spoken in her own words?

It seems the only group that doesn’t get granted political correct status is Christians these days ?!

Seems you can pretty much make any broad sweeping generalization at all against that particular group, I’m not exactly sure why that seems to be ok?

I dont mean to assume, but Floridason might be able to support the fact that I don’t speak from any political or religious point of view. I contain my comments to facts, in this case based a persons own words, which I’ve quoted above

I also don’t get drawn into conversation such as this, I was just pointing what someone said

:v: -out!

Lol… a real fact is what we believe and a made-up conspiracy is what others believe ?

Anyway I already said “out”, so this is double out :v:

Just a thought but instead of atheists trying to recruit maybe they are just saying “hey there are others like you, don’t be afraid to be who you are” Just a peaceful thought.
:hugs:

I would like to thank you for your response. Now that we both know how each other thinks, perhaps we will be able to hear each other. I don’t know.

I was planning on responding, but I will respect your wishes and not do so.

@Paranorman tried to warn me not to discuss matters of political or religious thoughts, but it seemed like an intelligent discussion could be possible. Forgive my mistake.

You may want to mute this topic to avoid more aggravation…

Never never ever ever never …this is the best online grow community and I like happy happy here my friend :v:

Again, and not because of this misunderstanding, because I mentioned it many many posts back in this thread, please consider the last verse in the Old Testament :pray:

I’m just sick of seeing the curse.

I know I’m not Elijah, but I am who I am. Being a core belief, it’s part of me and my purpose. :pensive: I don’t mean to offend.

Thank you, Brother for the warning. Even though it went unheeded…

Ok so being a survivor of a Jesuit college, despite being non religious, they made us study some form of religion. I chose the non specific religions of the world courses to fulfill the requirement.

I’ve had many friends who were from either side of the argument. All religions I have studied have basic stuff in common, from pagan to catholic. First, they are a survival guide for living in the region the people found themselves in. They tell stories or lay down requirements that teach the faithful not to eat bad pork or how to stock up for bad times and how to coexist as a larger than family sized group without killing each other over the last orange. If you make it the word of god it’s easier to enforce.

The second part is the explanation section. This is where all the myths and campfire lore are put down in scriptures with how they relate to this religion. Origin stories and heroic tales are here. This is where we learn how this religion brought us to this point in time.

The final part in every religion is the end times prophesies. Revelations, Ragnarok, etc. Every religion followas these three basic parts with their particular flavoring added in between and throughout.

Even science can be put into these same three groups. With science it’s theoretical, empirical and hypothetical. Theoretical is how it should work, empirical is how it did and hypothetical is how it could.

I am not religious but I also can’t get past the ok so what came before that part.