Sunday’s will likely be the day I do “full” updates going forward.
Today marks 6 days in flower for both plants, and 69 days since they first sprouted (71 since germination).
Yesterday I did aggressive tucking on both plants. During this week - at least for the next couple of days while I am home - I will continue to tuck both plants. A week from today will mark two weeks since I flipped the lights and I expect the branches will be hardening off, so I don’t intend to do much training after this week is up.
In any case, both the plants look okay to me, although I’m keeping an eye on the light distance. I upped the Armor SI feeding this week but kept all my nutrients at the transition feeding stage, same as last week. So they were both topped off today with ~2 gallons of water each that contained:
GH Flora Trio - 5ml/gal of each (Micro, Bloom, Grow)
GH Armor SI - 5ml/gal
GH CalMag - 2.5ml/gal
Today I wrote down my steps for making water so I can start drawing some comparisons and maybe make this a quicker process down the road:
Tap Water PH and PPM: 6.97/67.
After adding nutrients as above: 7.33 (no PPM reading)
After adding 1ml of PH Down per gallon: 6.5
After adding another .5ml/gal of PH Down: 6.11
After adding .25ml/gal of Ph Down: 5.92
After adding .125ml/gal of Ph Down: 5.62 (!)
I usually don’t mind it being below 5.8 if I am topping off, as the reservoir PH’s are generally around 6 after a couple of days. That being said, this is where my plants actually were today:
The Gold Leaf reservoir was at a PH of 5.76 and had a PPM of 1030. This is where the PPM has been every time I’ve measured it in the past week. Within 50 of that number.
Luckily I had some water already made from the middle of the week that had a PH of 5.92, so I topped off the GL with that. This put the numbers at 5.85 and 884 PPM. I am keeping an eye on these numbers closely now so that I can dial in the nutrient levels for each plant based on what they are actually consuming.
Here is the GL as of today. Yesterday she had a pretty shocking amount of tucking and she’s not fully recovered yet. I also tried to take this picture from a different angle than usual so you can see how much of the screen is left to fill:
The Super Silver Haze had a reservoir at 5.98 PH (what I expected) and a 907 PPM. I topped her off with the water I had just made (PH 5.62), and her final numbers today were at 5.74 and 908 PPM. I did have to add a little PH Down to her reservoir even after the top off.
She has been growing pretty abundantly since the change to the larger reservoir. I think she is taking up more nutrients than the GL but again, I am tracking this more closely now to really know.
Here she is. Lots of screen to fill, I’m guessing she won’t make it all the way:
On the second screen front, I ordered the 4 way tees and got them in the mail… but I ordered 1" ones instead of 1/2" ones. So I have to order them again or just decide to go without it. Right now it looks like I might be okay.
On the pruning front I am a big sissy. Here are the under canopies of both plants (GL first):
I feel like I pull leaves and new growth off every day and I’m losing the fight! I’ll keep at it. I have just about filled a kitchen garbage bag with leaves.
I don’t usually post pics of my whole set up, but I thought I would post one today so you can all see what my entire grow space looks like:
I’m not a very neat and well organized person by nature.