The Traveling Grower - The Struggle From the Road

Now you have me wanting to do a comparison so I am going to go hunting for a couple pics and see. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today on the left, January 23rd on the right.

3 Likes

The angles are a little off on this one. Same time period. Left side is today, right side is January 23rd.

Look at the colas in the back by the clone!

6 Likes

Man I like you stuff 2 times more then anyone!

1 Like

Maybe not so much of an optical illusion. Very good things happening there for you!

2 Likes

I just like to hog all your likes Otto. :wink:

1 Like

@dbrn32 I was supposed to get my drivers last Friday, but FedEx must have damaged the shipping label or something because they say they don’t have the correct house address - everything from Arrow has the correct address.

So I called FedEx and they told me that I can’t change the delivery address as the recipient. Then I called Arrow, and they said they can’t change the address because of corporate policy. I tried to argue it’s not a change, it’s a correction, but they didn’t appreciate my nuanced approach.

In any case I then called FedEx back and am having them ship it to the closest FedEx shipping location (a local Walgreens), so I should be able to pick them up tomorrow… which makes Thursday and/or Saturday night light building nights.

2 Likes

Well that sucks! Suppose there’s probably a few horror stories from situations like that. Good news is, we’re just trying to grow a little weed and it will all work out.

Thankfully I’m not in a hurry to complete the build, so no stress here. Of course I talked to FedEx on the phone and they said they’d send me an e-mail with the information for pick-up (i.e. that they in fact are sending it there, etc), but I haven’t gotten anything. My wife had a similar issue with Wayfair and FedEx. It’s a PITA to deal with for sure.

1 Like

Quick update today.

Today is the 130th day since the seeds sprouted, the 68th day since the lights were switched to 12/12, and the 52nd day since I first noticed flowers.

Not a lot to report - although I am curious about one thing (which I will get to in a bit). The GL PH seems to have stabilized now that I have my water heaters plugged back in… she was at 5.6 before I did anything and a PPM of 900… not sure why she is so high. I filled her res with 700ppm on Sunday after a Florakleen flush and have only topped off with plain water since. Anyway, she’s now at 5.85 and 800 ppm. The SSH did the same thing. She was at 800 and PH 5.7. She’s not at PH 5.9 and 700 ppm. I mixed up a 600 ppm nute concoction today thinking I would need to give them a little food, but I just ended up using it on the clone only. Oh well.

I didn’t have time to check trichomes yet due to a very packed meeting schedule today. I’ll try and get down there a little later and check them out.

If everything looks on track the plan is to change out their reservoirs this Sunday to a Florakleen only solution for the final week. But we have to wait and see, the GL looks nowhere near ready for that kind of thinking.

It looks like the Gold Leaf is finally putting out some trichomes!

And the SSH is just super… and silvery… and appears to have a purple phenotype.

I love how the front of the SSH just looks like a wall of bud to me.

Anyway, I’ll try to get some trichome pics and post them today as well.

10 Likes

looks awesome @Bogleg you are goig to be very,very busy soon!! lol

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to it! Especially looking forward to getting some bubble hash off the SSH trim (which it looks like there will be a lot of).

3 Likes

Trichome shots as promised.

First one is here is the Gold Leaf:

All these next ones are the Super Silver Haze:

8 Likes

Looking nice and sticky for sure!

I like my one amber trichome in the last pic… it’s cute. Also still glassy which is kind of cool.

1 Like

They’re progressing along nicely! Getting closer…

2 Likes

Those are going to be potent!

2 Likes

I got a different microscope and a camera tripod (the one’s that Bob uses) and took a few pics before lights out with it. I need to play with it and figure out how it works best, but so far I really like it!

A couple of gold leaf pics:

And some SSH pics:

8 Likes

Beautiful pictures man! Can really see the purple in the SSH!

2 Likes

As far as I know SSH isn’t normally a strain that turns purple… so this must be a kind of unique pheno maybe?

4 Likes