Full update today.
Today marks the 91st day since the seeds sprouted. It marks the 28th day since the lights were flipped to 12/12. It marks the 13th day of first sign of pistils.
FIrst of all, let me start this update with a safety briefing: If you are going to use an aquarium heater for your reservoir, DO NOT under any circumstances, leave it plugged in while you are changing your reservoir! It is only designed to work submersed. It will most definitely start a fire if you leave it in open air and don’t have the thermostat plugged in. I discovered this the hard way this morning when my roots started to become a brush fire. These roots:
Of course now I see the debris that fell in there too. Oh well. Anyway, I didn’t do too much damage, just a few of the roots on the near right edge got singed a little bit. Lesson learned.
I changed both plants out completely today, and as of 10 minutes ago they are sitting at the following numbers:
Gold Leaf: PH 5.85 and PPM of 870
Super Silver Haze: PH 5.79 and PPM of 1070
I should note that on this batch of water I didn’t add any Cal/Mag - I ran out and my new bottle doesn’t get delivered until tomorrow. So I bumped up the Micro and Bloom to compensate PPM-wise. Speaking of which, I need to order bloom nutes too.
Here are the plants before the res change:
I do notice a bunch of leaves on both plants have turned up quite a bit with the new light. I have a better pic of what I mean coming.
Here are the plants after the res changes:
And here is more of a street level view of each:
And a close up of each:
If you see anything I should be worried about let me know!