The three branch Crazy clone

Well I took the three branches that I cut scrape the tops scrape the bottoms with a razor put clonex all over them and sandwich to me in between the Rockwell and wrapped them up with wire, if they take will see it will be crazy…
And should I pull off all the little buds or does it matter??

3 Likes

I didn’t pull off any and they just dried up but I’m far from a pro and my cloning ability is just well awful lol ask @Covertgrower he’s quite knowledgeable and very willing to help

I’d pull the popcorn. All it’s going to do now is leech moisture.

I don’t understand what you’ve done there. Have you got 3 different strains and they’re all going to grow on a single stem? Mad scientist territory …

4 Likes

@Fishead yes you could clone that. Go a ways above the break, cut stem at 45° split in the middle, dip in Clonex and insert in moist rock wool under 24 hour light so they’ll return to veg. Remember to keep a dome over it, to keep the humidity as high as you can. When you get new growth you know you have roots!
Unless this is an autoflower. Then this will work, but it will continue to flower. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the tag!
@Sirsmokes

3 Likes

@PhantomFarmer I suspect he may have broken a flowering branch, and didn’t want it to go to waste.

2 Likes

No it’s just one strain just branches that I cut off a week or so ago cuz they weren’t doing anything except for taking away from the top of the plant wanted all the goodness to go to the top of where the big flowers are, so my theory is that it’ll just have a crazy strong root system and turn into a monster plant with three main trunks

2 Likes

Right on thanks for the advice on taking little popcorn off…
so it will keep producing buds the whole time when it’s growing or will it revert back to its veg stage once I get it back under 24 light?
Yeah I did all that already cuz those were cut off branches off my blue wizard so hopefully they will just get crazy roots and then turn into something crazy crazy goodness that is

2 Likes

@Fishead it will revert back to veg with 24 light. Don’t go any shorter than 18/6 or it will start to flower again. This happened to me just saving you the trouble. If you removed this branch a week ago, I’m not certain it will survive into making a clone. It’s worth trying. Nothing lost or gained. Hope that helps!

3 Likes

So you stick all 3 together? I know it’s a silly question but this is what I see in the picture or I miss something :thinking:

Yeah I bladed the bark off the branches scraped down to Raw and put them together…
The Roots will come out from where I scraped then.
Works with tomatoes,so we’ll see

3 Likes

Yeah for sure thanks appreciate it.
So the longer they sit in water less likely they are to root is that what you’re sayin should I Got 5 more of the damn things maybe I should just can them and just give this one set try, besides it’s boring waiting for s*** to root like to watch it grow…
, merry Christmas everybody

:thinking: but this way you will have only one plant instead of 3…but if this is a experiment then all will be interesting to see

2 Likes

You know, if it’s a good plant and you have space to clone them, that’s the smart move. You just need to get them under 18/6 or more of light.

1 Like

Yeah that was my theory too, she’s definitely a good one blue wizard I just don’t have the room in there right now at all and I only have one but I think she’ll be done in probably 3 weeks at the latest so we’ll see how it goes I definitely need to get it in plastic container type deal

Yeah packed house in there.

9 Likes

My dad was telling me about a grower friend who used to do this with 2 strains (splice clones together) I’m thinking about giving it a try :thinking:

1 Like

Remember those guys can be anywhere with just a small light while they root. A shelf or table anywhere will work temporarily.

But what are the benefits?

1 Like

@Fishead they’ll root in water, I was just concerned that they were NOT in water. Disregard. They do take a bit to get roots, and it is a rather boring stage.

1 Like

He said the resulting plant would combine traits from each clone. I’m skeptical but think it could be a fun project. This guy grew arm-sized buds (as the legend goes) but has been gone for some time.

1 Like

I don’t think them will be combined anyway or the result will be a mixed strain :joy:… It will end the same way as the fruit trees when you grafting them(i hope you are understanding what I say :joy:).

2 Likes