The start of something wonderful (shed build)

Oh I have been planning all kind of things in my head while I sit idle in the construction stage.

1 Like

Iā€™m also stuck with my building projectā€¦ I hope I will be able to get back on trackā€¦ Itā€™s hard when you work alone, also money is the major factor in my progress :joy:

4 Likes

i would have to build a structure just to hold a board @M4ur i feel you guys on the alone thing!

2 Likes

@Smokin_ernie your build looks great!! Iā€™ll be following along

1 Like

Thanks @AmnesiaHaze it is a fun project so far and really going to be something special.

2 Likes

Finally got some plywood for the walls. Got some free flooring. Just some vinyl laminate snap together floor but it will look good. Looks like hardwood.

So trying to decide on whether or not to paint the walls. I have read flat white is good. Also other options would be Mylar or panda film?

The paint option is what I am thinking is an exterior paint. Figure it will hold up to cleaning from time to time. There is white roof paint which would be easy to clean and durable but expensive.

Welcome to ideas or comments @BIGE @dbrn32 @AmnesiaHaze @Donaldj @BIGE @Countryboyjvd1971 @SmoknGranny @M4ur @AnneBonny @70sChick

6 Likes

Awesome update bro! So happy itā€™s coming together for you. You canā€™t go wrong with flat white paint, it might save a few bucks compared to panda plastic or Mylar film

1 Like

awesome news!

1 Like

Definitely a flat white. I used to use that as my base coat when I was building my birdhouses years ago and the exterior paint held up for years in all kinds of weather.

2 Likes

Thanks! Sounds like flat white is going to be.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard the reflective roof paint is pretty nasty to work with.

2 Likes

I would guess it would be really thick as well and could see it be messy

2 Likes

I meant in the terms of toxic. Donā€™t have first hand knowledge though, it was someone here said they used it on trailer or something.

For that kind of money, I would assume something like a good layer of primer and then a couple coats of any decent washable flat white would work anyway.

1 Like

Right toxicā€¦ donā€™t need that.

1 Like

better vent that baby out!

1 Like

kiltz it @Smokin_ernie

2 Likes

Is that a primer?

1 Like

yea @Smokin_ernie

2 Likes

Not too expensive either just looked it up.

1 Like

i could have saved myself 40$ if i would have got a gallon of that!

2 Likes