2. Under 1000W HPS open (no glass)
  3. I use Advanced nutrients lines, Bloom AB, B52, Overdrive and Big Bud
  4. I use central Ac and I have a great growing environment, the growing
    parameters are not the issue here
  5. I use Gravity bud hardner PGR

Have been growing your strains with great success, Gold Leaf, Blueberry
Amnesia Haze, Northern Lights. I have started growing super skunk and I it
is a disaster, please look at the pictures. Side by side with your other
strains super skunk is a disaster for me this is taken on day 32 of flower.
Please let me know what experience you have of this and what is going on,
the plants are sickly they are producing small buds small leaves, which are
shrivelled up. Thankfully only say 12 out of the 72 plants in this room are
super skunk, the healthy plants you see image 4870 and 4872 are gold leaf
and amnesia haze, they look as they should.

Please can you tell me what is going on.

Looks like pH problems and nutrient burn, probably caused by too much nutrients, or pH level being too high or too low.

What is the pH of the runoff?

I can respect the fact that you claim that grow procdures are not the issue but, I cannot attempt to diagnose an issue without knowing what you are doing.

Please come to the forum and fill out a support ticket. Located in the Beginner>GrowFAQs page, the Support ticket allows us to at least eliminate some issues due to your good grow practices.

Other than the couple leaves shown individually, which I find on all large grows and it doesn’t mean much; I cannot see anything in those yellow pictures. Due to that, I cannot see anything more than a dloor full of budding plants.

Will be glad to look back over this once you fill out a support ticket. :slight_smile:
Happy growing

Claire sent this to me from the office just recently:

"Can you help me with this customer? He had a question and we posted it on the forum, he is not happy with the answers there : The plants are sickly

He still wants help so I’ve asked him to fill in the form:"

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
Super Skunk Seed

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
dirt in 5 gallon pots

System type?
standard grown in dirt

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
1000ppm

Indoor or Outdoor
Indoor

Light system, size?
1000W HPS Raptor closed hood, 12 lights

Temps; Day, Night
78 degrees, 68 degrees

Humidity; Day, Night
50%

Ventilation system; Yes, No,
No

Size
AC,
5 ton central

Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Yes

Co2; Yes, No
Yes 1200ppm

“I grow most of your strains I have never had any problem with any other strain
do you have any idea whats wrong?”

– “Light system, size?
1000W HPS Raptor closed hood, 12 lights” –

OK, which one is it?

I’m confused, are the lights in closed hoods or not? But this probably has little do do with the problem.

As stated above, pH would be one of my first guesses as to the cause of the problem.

Also I am not sure of your specific mixture of nutrients, but assuming you are not getting any nutrient toxicities building up, or any deficiencies, then toxicities or deficiencies appearing in the leaves is not necessarily caused by a lack or abundance of said nutrients, but by the pH making them unavailable or extremely available.

Some things to think about as to your other plants not showing any problems – different strains are more or less sensitive to things like pH or toxicities or deficiencies and TDS/EC.

Also, in different pots, different things can happen. So things like pH and EC/TDS specifically going on in those pots is the biggest concern if the other plants are showing no problems.

A PPM of 1000 is probably not anything to worry about, however you can still have certain nutrient salts build up in the soil and lock up other nutrients, and this might not be seen in a run-off reading.

I’d still have to say it is the pH. If the pH is 6.1, this way to low for dirt/soil. The pH of regular soil should be about 6.5, and you usually don’t want it to get below 6.2 if you can help it.

Happy growing,

MacG

1 Like