The Ladies Room -- not for plants!

Yes, you’re right! She really does an excellent job of tilling that soil mixture, even if her ass is front and center. :smile:

4 Likes

Hey there :slight_smile: Lady in the house xo
I have been here in the forum a few months and it has not been my experience to see the gadget only answers from the guys- usually good to the point and loving experience is what i am getting from everyone here.
I am glad to have another confirmed lady in the mix tho - lol so… Happy Growing!
( after reading the thread had to SMH over the video n comments… good grief… boys really will be boys- thank goodness :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

8 Likes

Hi there @gpitel! It’s nice to know that there are some lady growers in here besides myself. Nice to meet you.

So I made this room for all us ladies, but the men are welcome too. I don’t discriminate.

Stop by anytime! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Oh absolutely! The guys here are amazing! I love every one of them, and they have been nothing but kind and helpful whenever I need them.

However, if you leave them to start bullshitting on their own I’ve noticed they will eventually start discussing some new piece of equipment they want. Which, honestly, is pretty adorable.

Then again, I could be completely wrong. Oh, well.

2 Likes

now I don’t spend fortunes on growing and gadgets for it just the opposite I see a bubble bucket and go hmm? that looks pretty simple to make cloner same thing grow boxes the list goes on I do everything with budget in mind. 90% of my grow space was made out of free cycled material I buy cheap nutes and use sparingly route extraction so it works for 3 seperate spaces don’t run co2 just the basics :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m sure there are lots of gadgets I could drool over but my Scotch roots look at price tag first and go f that noise…

7 Likes

I believe @Bobbyb is also female, but I could be remembering wrong.

I believe, also, that you’re correct about the different focuses between the sexes. But then some say I am a sexist.

I adore beautiful women as one of God’s greatest creations. When I say beautiful, I take into account the entire woman. I know very pretty girls that are as far away from beautiful as east is from west.

The sexist accusations stem from my belief that the sexes have their own separate roles to play. When done as a single unit, great things happen.

I don’t believe her role is in the kitchen. I’m the better cook. I feel her role is to nurture the children while mine is to discipline. She cleans, I repair. She talks to all the business people, I protect all we are and have…

That’s not to say the roles are exclusive. I will clean, talk to people when I really don’t want to, attempt to comfort and nurture…she will repair, protect, discipline…you know?

That’s how I’m able to agree with your theory. We’re different so that when we unite, we make a more powerful whole.

http://ilgmforum.com/t/theories-whatcha-got/6966?u=floridason

In case you have any other theories you may wish to share. :wink:

It takes both sides of the coin to be money…

6 Likes

I skimmed a bit of that earlier, but I’ll have to go back in there after I COOK DINNER FOR MY FAMILY!

LOL!!! No really, they claim they’re starving to death.

Be back soon, baby. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Oh, @FloridaSon, I’m almost afraid to tell you what my beliefs are.

But first, I don’t think you’re a sexist. Men and women are different, there is no disputing that, however, there are women who would like to think there is no difference. My teenage, twin girls call them “fema-nazis”, which drives me crazy.

I agree, beauty comes in many shapes, sizes and personalities… you should see my husband!

Not so sure I agree with you on the separate roles though. I mean, maybe in a perfect world things could be that way, but life is just too complicated especially for women. After all, we are the ones burdened with having the children, but not all of us are great at the nurturing part.

I do understand what you’re saying, and I don’t see it as sexist, just maybe a little naive, or optimistic. I remember when I had my kids at 35, I thought that whole mother’s instinct would just kick in, only it never did! I had to research how to be a good mom! LOL!! Maybe that’s a good thing though.

Hmm, I don’t have a problem with this. Again, it just seems to me to be a little too perfect. I do think it is possible, I just don’t think it’s possible for everyone.

1 Like

I can’t speak about it as an absolute, just the ideal.

I’m one of the truly blessed when it comes to my marriage. While we disagree on some things, we haven’t had a heated argument in our 24 years.

Communication has been key. Along with the knowledge that not everything said is to be taken personally. And if a moment for composure is asked for, a moment is given.

I enjoy hearing and discussing anyone’s beliefs. Our beliefs are much of what makes us who we are. I never bought into the Masonic idea of not discussing politics or religion.

I can’t hear you if I don’t know how you think…

2 Likes

Funny im a male and don’t really waste my time learning on gadgets, actually study more on the plant science and plants them selves. You cant fully understand how a plant works and grows devoting your time to just gadgets and other crap that comes with growing :wink:.

Well again welcome to the forum see you around

5 Likes

But… but… gadgets are fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They are but that teaches you about other aspects such as better lights, faster ways, if cloning and just basically a way to spend money, when you can do as I and @Donaldj do, which is make your own on a budget.

Granted I’m not really a rookie either so I’m not all into gadgets and other stuff however I’m probably the youngest here and that’s what counts lol, is being able to share my knowledge with all you guys (especially new comers)

3 Likes

Well, if I can do 1/2 as good as you guys I’ll be a happy, high, boy!

1 Like

We can teach you to be just as good as us in no time my friend lol that’s what we are here for (me and other staff members) and with a bonus of saving you those frustrating mistakes

4 Likes

Super happy with getting my ILGM seeds. 12/12 have sprouted! Not to mention this is a great site and I love that it’s somewhat “social” as well. You get to know people and follow their stories. One big happy grow family.

:+1::+1: Two thumbs up for you guys.

4 Likes

Thanks man hope you enjoy it here

1 Like

Hey @raustin, I’m a straight up out door guerilla grower, my grand mother taught me how to garden at a very young age,
My grows start inside for 3-4 weeks under a 3ft 34wt. CFL, all natural after that, organic nutes etc. Its All TLC after that and A lot of it, Wait till you see my next Out door grow, Ima goin Killer Big, Growers of the Treez, Mendocino style <*)))><{

5 Likes

I just spent $250 on fishing gear and $16 on www.xtreme-gardening.com/mycos

6 Likes

Just joined and have been asking a million questions. Great resource especially since I’m starting out in hydro. Good to see other girls on here! I love looking up peoples room builds and seeing all the gadgets! The ingenuity!

5 Likes

Well I have to reply to that lol I will go in bass pro and never leave and when I do I dread it cause i always go over board and end up spending $300 or $400. I spent over $500 on a side image fish finder I never use, mounted it on the steering box and I always fish from the front of my boat. It will be moved come spring. Then I complain about the cost of lights and don’t want spend the money. but from seeing a few of the grow results from members on the forum I decided to take the plunge and switch to leds. Other than the lights I keep things simple like I was taught growing up. I make my own dirt with help from the chicken, worms, fish remains, and etc. I add to my compost. When I scrog I will make my scrog nets out of old fencing and old boards. Repurpuse cat litter buckets into grow pots. I use old milk, juice, and oat meal containers for grow pots. Lol diy all the way if at all possible.

And @raustin to keep on the subject of the thread, most of the people I know and smoke with are women. I used to buy my smoke from a woman and have bought seeds from a woman online. I know there are several women on the forum i have seen. Just from I have seen my grandmother used to grow in their flower and veg gardens would always be better than the gardens my dad would grow. Idk if it was experience or the tlc she would give to her garden. I have heard stories about her actually growing marijuana once just because someone told her that it grew flowers and she wanted to see what kind of flowers.

2 Likes