The ILGM DownEast 12

ya. I do recall prematurely ripping out hot peppers after it looked like a freeze took them out too. Fortunately I missed a few and the rest of the month was wel above freezing at night and they yielded usable fruit. I’m hoping that is telling of this bunch. Not holding out a lot of hope for SSH but ya never know.

A-OK!

I don’t know if the weed gods are just shining their light on me this season or what but the touch of freeze appears to have had no ill effect on any of the 3 plants left in the field or the skimp left on the stumps.
Still thinking Chocolope is a total loss but with no freezing lows in the extended forecast, I’m feeling like splitting some more stems and harvesting Strawberry Kush & SSH over the upcoming weekend.
I feel giddy. That joint of bubba k shake and fresh amnesia haze I just finished might be contributing.

SSH

Strawbery Kush

16 Likes

10 Best Weed Strains to Grow in Cold Places • Green Rush Daily… You may have seen this but thought I’d pass it along… Great work your doing @Willd… Glad Jack Frost didn’t bite too hard.

2 Likes

@Willd That’s awesome news! It’s also awesome information for other outside growers. I’m curious if that bit of freeze may have "stressed " them enuff to get the effect of stem splitting?

Great Update @Willd Giddy you should be!!!

Thank you so much @Zombo. Greatly appreciated. news to me. I’ll be sure to pass along with other non forum member growers I know. @70sChick. Good news for you for next season too @Screwauger the giddy hasn’t worn off yet and isn’t likely to for some time. Here’s why
Right

Left

The daylight coming through that window for 12 hours a day isn’t going to impact anything much. It’s never direct but I may add a drape of some kind to reduce it.

16 Likes

Awe… @Willd Heaven on Earth! I’d LOVE to walk thru and take in the smell! Fantastic job!

1 Like

Color coded strings by strain?? @Willd

1 Like

because I’m that organized? just a fluke . I think there are multiple strains on some strings because we’re running out of room. I made tags from clothespins which as it turns out are nearly invisible when there is this much and you don’t put them in the same orientation. :rofl: Some are toward the left end of the string, some toward the right and some smack in the middle. I will take 5 minutes at some point to redo that. one strain at a time.
The earliest harvested that is still hanging is only a week old with very bendy stems still. The sugar leaves are all crisping up and that’s fine. Less work for the bowl trimmer blade.
I’ll need to make a sheet with dates of what was harvested when before I forget.
I have a bunch of immature AK-47 and AM haze curing to get me by until the ripe stuff is sufficiently cured. Also a couple immature sample sticks worth of purple haze curing

6 Likes

You are a great grower of great strains. Still a great harvest for all the issues you’ve had. Your initiative has you a garage full of buds. Here’s to you, Sir! :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

My pleasure @Willd, hope it helps anyone trying to harvest this time of year.

1 Like

Massive stem split on Strawberry Kush & some SSH.

Also want to thank another one of my true P.I.C. Meff whose coverage at work while I’ve spent countless hours fussing over these girls on the clock has proven invaluable. We have an arrangement which involves him doing his part to help me consume all this weed. We FaceTime from the field sometimes since his home office is 2000 miles SW in Plano, TX.

Lots of nice skimp to finish harvesting too! Pineapple haze bubblegum amnesia haze gold leaf and big bud!

14 Likes

One mans skimp is another mans… those look like they are out of the textbook

3 Likes

@Willd that is an truly amazing harvest!

I keep looking at that garage shot…WOW…so was Giddy preceded by many thoughts of “what was I thinking” :):grimacing:

So happy for you!

1 Like

So

Strawberry Kush

Super Silver Haze

Chocolope

Sadly almost every stick I tried to take a pic of has mold on it some where.

6 Likes

Just realized the iPad took a burst of the pics of me swinging Big Bud like a bat.

13 Likes

And what a bat it is!
#budsforyears!

1 Like

lol love the hashtag, brother.
If it had come out clearly I’d have put it in for BOM.
Maybe November!

7 Likes

Swing away! Woo hoo…:thinking:Batman?

2 Likes

now’s the time to ask…

5 Likes