The ILGM DownEast 12

@daz49 @North_East_Newbie. Thanks guys!
12 strains is correct. I picked up 2 gallon buckets for this time. 5 gallon holds a couple of pounds. Honestly wish I’d gone with 1 gallon. I don’t anticipate filling any of them like those 5 gallon jobs in 2015, but it’s still a lotta weed! AK-47 yielded a few oz of low grade premature nuggets. 1/2 of Amnesia haze has produced 4 oz of dried bud to cure so far. I’ll be pleased with getting 7-8 oz from each of the rest of them except the Sadberry runt.

7 Likes

You have certainly tried it all this season, scrogging, topping, fimming and even stem splitting, you have gone out of your comfort zones with different strains aswell, I think you’ll definitely have had a fruitful year and I hope I maybe in some small way was the reason for some of that

2 Likes

It would be too cool if we were on the same side of the pond brother. I feel for your legal concerns. You just can’t dwell on that aspect and continue to practice stealth. Even in legal states it’s a risky undertaking. My step daughter posted a pic on her Facebook yesterday standing behind one of the plants we were harvesting, and within an hour there were over 100 likes and all kind of requests for “can you get me…”

6 Likes

Never heard of stem splitting before here. SCROG was foreign to me as well. I’d heard of it but didn’t know what it was about

4 Likes

Tell me about it, i’m sure you see my post about it but I’m getting really worried the closer I get to harvest, thank goodness my harvest is knowhere near the size of your harvest, lol mind you I’d have to have one heck of a place to hide that, congrats my brother

I wish I could share more of it. You’ll be good. I still have difficulty wrapping my head around it being legal here. How often does that assessor visit? As long as you time your grow so flowering doesn’t coincidence with those you should be good no?

1 Like

Thankfully that’s only once a year, still haven’t heard back from that yet, I felt it went badly as it was a younger woman, showing a bit of cleavage and being a bit flirty and slyly asking questions and getting sly answers out of me, but I will appeal it if it goes against me, but yeah my main worry is that my little bro’s mate got busted and I’ve sorted him out a few times and to make it worse he told my little bro that he thinks I’m growing, so I’m crapping myself a bit, anyway, what with all the scrogging and stem splitting and stuff, did I convince you in anyway to try that

@North_East_Newbie I cultivated so many different strains to see which do best here. I had delusions of launching multiple cannabis based small businesses when rec my passed the vote. I’m a pothead first so all the oversight and record keeping required would just take all the fun out of it! Not to mention the start up cost and risk of federal prosecution.

I’m still going to grow every season, but on a smaller scale. Ak-47 & Chocolope failed the bud rot resistance test miserably. Contrary to my past behavior I don’t need to supply everyone I know with weed. :rofl:
The only ones I know for sure is getting Redone next time are sour diesel & purple haze. I’ve only tested immature ak-47, am haze, & purple haze so far, so the verdict won’t be in until it’s all cured and thoroughly analyzed for potency, effect, flavor, and yield. That gives me until mid-March 2018 to decide! Good to have options. I like it! My 2015 sour d was my go to for 2 years. I love that one. Speaking of which, I thought I was out but remembered I still had one sample left from last April’s convention in Boston

TA-DA!

12 Likes

I have been and will be taking notes from your grow. Your trials and tribulations have been a real time lesson in what to do in the North East. Thanks very much @Willd

Have a great day and much success.

5 Likes

Is bud rot something you had the deal with during your 2015 grow? Seems like most outdoor growers in NE we’re effected.

I look forward to hearing your ratings of the 12 strains, understanding that some we’re taken prematurely.

Gotta Love finding a oong lost bud stash!

Congrats & enjoy, my friend!

1 Like

So this morning we take a look at everything again it looks OK more rot here more rot there. Blueberry is a total loss. I doused it with dry baking soda because I just don’t have time to fight with it.

Chocolope is probably heading that way too. Here’s a trace on big bud. Nearly invisible to the untrained eye… If you don’t catch it at this stage you’re looking at full blown mold bloom within a few days .

some Visible powdery mildew as well. I do remember a trace of rot in 2015 but nothing like this.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for tagging along and all the well wishes!

7 Likes

Luckily @Willd you planted enough to write off some % to waste. Painful nonetheless. I started to jar up my Candy plants, found more rot and would estimate at this time, 40-50% of the yield has been given over to rot. Look forward to updates when you can.
Gotta go to Gorham for a BBQ this afternoon but would rather be helping you out Bro.

1 Like

Oh that really blows @Willd!! Sorry for your loss!!!

I’m in total awe how you folks do so well in the more extreme climates. I’m blessed with a Mediterranean climate and still can’t keep up with it all.

Good Luck!!!

2 Likes

I’m sorry to ear that you have lost so much @Willd … The new seed shop is now warning for Chocolope be a mold subject to… So it’s better indoor for this strain :wink:

Hoping it’s gone a end well for your harvested ones, keeping mold and fungus in check will be challenging brother, the only tips I can give you is change your self before entering your drying room, cross infestation can be a plague, spores are very difficult to not “stick” in your clothes or instruments and make the drying room as uncomfortable for them (mold and fungus spores) as possible (RH bellow 55%, Hepa filtred fresh intake air and by extension less CO2 and ethylen build up in this room, easier said then appliable , I concur and must admit)

Keep keeping a close eye on them my friend, as I know you will…

~Al :v: :innocent:

2 Likes

So the Sd and purple haze are your go to plants next grow. Other than potency, why the purple haze?

TRIP TO THE CORNER STORE

Moxie: .99
Muddy Biscuit: 2.50

Walking around the store with trim stuck to your shoes: Priceless

12 Likes

I fiinished harvesting bubblegum and started on Pineapple Haze. Once our visitors departed and MrsWillD finished shelling all the dry beans, she helped me finish. gotta say that Pineapple Haze has lovely aroma. I really love the smell of fresh weed at it’s peak!

16 Likes

That is totally priceless!

1 Like

Oh man @Willd you too? That is not the way I was hoping the story ended🙁 the fine line is a fine line, sorry for your losses

1 Like