The ILGM DownEast 12

you are having a good time…really looks like there’s no need for trick photography, those are big plants!

3 Likes

Stem splitting today! I’ve never attempted this so it’s all like 1st grade to me. Obviously i’m Not going to split the main trunk but trying multiple branches. We use all our chopsticks so I am going with bamboo skewers

Potent Purple Haze is the test subject. I’m sure she’s fine to harvest today but I’d rather wait an extra day or two and see the results of stem splitting for myself

Found a bean!

It’s difficult for me to believe this could get any more frosty

13 Likes

TGIF and Purple Haze, Man O Man you are livin’ large @Willd

I have four strains, five plants in total and dude, I am still envious!!

anaughtysm

2 Likes

Yep it’s official I’m a pothead :rofl:48

So this is where our personal connection comes into play. You have strains I don’t vice versa. Very eager to begin the “trading game” soon

6 Likes

I’m not finding any information on minimal stem thickness to attempt this. Some of the individual branches are thicker than the main stem of my first couple of grow attempts in the 90’s so I think I’m fine. On another note it appears that the weight of the big bud and pineapple haze kolas May be more than the stems can support. I’m going to make an attempt to write pineapple haze today with some twine and garden stables. It’s like a whole branch started to twist over from the weight. It has about 6 kolas on it. The big bud is not nearly as evident but it could use some help as well. I probably should have left the SCROG net above the plants. I am definitely going to do the SCROG differently next season & not let it get to a state where I have to remove it. I will also use steel deer fence instead of fabric netting

6 Likes

@Screwauger I hear you @Willd has skills brother
But I’m sure I’m time you’ll be growing just as well and have your own monster gardens lol
Woohoo :raised_hands: agian Will need to say wonderful job my friend

1 Like

@Willd you topped or dimmed the plant multiple times is I remember correctly and that will effect the branches at some point the grow more then they can support
From my experience if not scrogging I only top once usually twice At the most if I’m going to veg a long time
Under a scrog screen you wouldn’t have the issue of stem not supporting the wieght cause screen would hold them in place and why a second screen is sometimes needed on a scrog set up :+1:
Just my thought
I think your on point with trying to support them i
Do you still have the trellis nets ? Use them if you do

2 Likes

The ones that weren’t SCROG are really tough it would take my gravely to pull them out of the ground. The ones that were in the SCROG I could pull out with one hand.I’m afraid if I put the nets back I’m just asking for moisture and mold issues. Definitely using metal fencing instead of net next time. It’s only the ones that were SCROG’d that can’t support their own weight. And those definitely have more Kolas than the ones I didn’t SCROG. It’s really only pineapple haze and big bud. With the late sunrise also comes late for the dew to dry. I just went up there with my headlamp and it’s too wet to work

4 Likes

Sounds about right and you removed the screens
Yeah I use the metal fence buddy except for top screen since it only need towards end to help support
Maybe lol
Maybe run a line above so you can drop tie the branches from that ?
You probably thought about that already tho

2 Likes

Just cut some hardwood switches and prop the heavy colas/branches up on it’s own “post.” A Maineah’s solution to everything wood and duct tape.

4 Likes

Purple Haze Becomes Voodoo Chile

Did I do it right?
Dang I got so immersed with turning Purple Haze into Voodoo Chile I forgot to rectify the drooping issues.

tagging @DieHigh55 Jimi would’ve wanted it that way.

12 Likes

Reinforcement

Totally forgot about my over head wire for the rain canopies if it ever rains in Maine again

Before

After

Fence post

Overhead wire

8 Likes

You got that right, brother…“lay back and dream on a rainy day”… you too, Kelvin.

2 Likes

You look more high than normal

2 Likes

It’s gotta be that Purple Haze @Fever! I’m tellin’ ya. I finally allowed myself a couple of sample nugs last night off a stem we took last week because of a little spot of rot on one other nug. I twisted up a couple of joints last night and I’m happy to report this is one potent strain! I can’t remember the last time I really felt high from smoking less than a joint.

2 Likes

So happy for you. Odd that yours is so far along I thought it was a 12 week flowering strain? Also my ak47 is taking longer than expected and isn’t yours also?

1 Like

Thank you. Purple Haze Feminized Seeds For Sale | Buy Online >>> ILGM says 65 days. Mine started flowering before mid august. I started these behemoths back in February knowing they would only get about 8 weeks of sold outdoor veg before they started to flower.
Looks like I have more shade than I thought too. So that was probably a contributing factor. They are all ripening at different rates. I took some AK and AM HAZE early because of rot potential but that has waned and they are progressing nicely now…

4 Likes

8 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes