The ILGM DownEast 12

@Fever
There will be more operations in Maine once commercial licensing opens up for rec MJ come Feb 2018 .

If I were starting a cannabis based biz I’d be looking for individuals possessing experience in horticulture, legal, office administration, IT systems, surveillance and security, financials, CS, front end retail, edibles manufacturing, quality testing, logistics, process.

I named a dozen different ways a person could make themselves useful to a cannabis based business in less than a minute. I’m not entirely certain about specifics but use your imagination.

Growers Collaborative and consumer co-op type operations. Something that will create jobs across a wide skill set.

7 Likes

I actually have specifics but to post them here would violate forum policy which I’ve already been sternly warned against doing once already.

9 Likes

You be a good boy sir
Lol good day my friend just catching up on my reading :+1:

Blueberry update

So… she’s not gonna die or anything. I took out all the branches I killed being too aggressive with the SCROG and LST while they were all getting a nice drink. I laid some that might’ve made good clones down somewhere when I got sidetracked and couldn’t find them after I took a shower and went back out. She ain’t the prettiest gal but she’ll live

Strawberry Kush showing pre-flower

11 Likes

That is good news @Willd… I’m happy for you man! :muscle:

Hey man sorry for missing this post.
definite maybe. 2015 had a nice long fall. I didn’t finish harvesting until Nov. and encountered a little powdery mildew here and there I was able to effectively spot treat with spray bottle peroxide solution/dilution. Dew is dew. go out there in the AM and shake em off like it’s all that matters. heh I think light frost makes them pump up the resin production. also helps with the colored strains to make the green coloring disappear. A harder frost but not a freeze isn’t going to kill them either. I might cover them with sheets or remay if it gets really frosty. Hard freeze? Well then it’s time to take it all. fingers crossed for a long mild fall.

3 Likes

Thank Brother, all great advice based on experience. If that’s what we have to do here in the NE to bring our crop to harvest, so be it. I’m game. Still no preflowers on any of my three outdoor plants but they sure to stank!! Guy next door was getting an estimate on a new roof today and he and the contractor were standing (in my yard) right next to my two ladies in the 10 gallon smart pot. All tagged and legal mind you but I gotta get outta the damn city!!

Thanks @Willd @Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

hey I noticed you posted a pic of a weather station with a color display and now I can’t find it. Did you just get a new one?

1 Like

That was a wall mounted indoor/outdoor thermometer my little woman gave me for Christmas!!

It’s nice! I like the display.

at least they are all girls mate

$14 nute cost (updated from $12)

Been a while since I posted updates.
Starting with this. Soil is more forgiving.
Nutrient costs of this grow. $10.13+tax
I used about 8 oz of my favorite Alaska Fish Emulsion (5-1-1) feeding 5 times between May and when flowering started the 2nd week of August.
8 oz =1/16 (.0625) of a gallon. It’s about $18/gallon so I spent $1.13 on nutes for the entire veg cycle.
(I forgot to figure in the CaMg+ so =$2 total)

The liquid Kool Bloom Bulking (0-10-10) at $18/qt and powdered Kool Bloom Ripening (2-45-28) $18/34oz are another story but affordable enough considering you only have to use 1/2 the amount for soil as you would hydro or coco. I purchased those both in 2015 and still have about 3/4 left of each So I’m into that for another $9 when its all said and done.

7 Likes

The rest of the story

AK-47

AMNESIA HAZE

BIG BUD

BLUEBERRY

BUBBLEGUM

CHOCOLOPE

GOLD LEAF

PINEAPPLE HAZE

PURPLE HAZE

SOUR DIESEL

STRAWBERRY KUSH

SUPER SILVER HAZE

Tomatoes

Kale

Chard

1 deer fly out there being way too annoying to take a full set of garden pics.

22 Likes

Very impressive @Willd The trunks on those are amazing! Nicely done, Sir!

3 Likes

@Willd that poor ol’ blueberry just will not give up!!lol you better watch that one!

3 Likes

Yeah that ones gonna be some good stuff

3 Likes

the plants look well set back but I can only imagine the aroma on a warm, sunny morning that might turn a few heads of local traffic in the weeks ahead…hundreds of big, sticky buds :wink:

3 Likes

The majority of “traffic” flies by here at no less than 50-60 MPH in spite of the 45 MPH posted limit. As I’ve mentioned before, with my surveillance it wouldn’t take very long to find a thief in a town this size (pop. 700). Now that it’s legal to grow I might even place a call to the county seat in Belfast so Sheriff Taylor, Deputy Fife and the coroner can come out, take an official body count, and file a report of trespass and attempted theft on their way to Aunt Bea’s for lunch.

7 Likes

I totally forgot to say I CAN HARDLY WAIT. I love that AROMA surrounding me! and the WNW prevailing wind we have blows it right into the woods away from the road and 1/4 mile from the next nearest home in that direction
I do recall in 2015 a couple of times we got an onshore breeze instead and you could smell it in the house sitting at the kitchen table. YAY!
I’ve heard of people who don’t enjoy the smell, though I’ve never met any. My 82 yr mom doesn’t use but has come around on the negative association she once had with the smell being akin to patchouli.

3 Likes

Moved this question to my grow journal to keep the grow advice out of the morning garden. IF you have a grow journal going please tag me.

Agreed that watering is a monitored event. Most of mine are about the same size so they are almost all at full. I don’t know the timing of it and go by the graduations on the tank I’m pumping from. If it’s closer to the English marks I go with 25 gallons. If it’s closer to the Metric marks I go 100 liters 26.41 so divided by the 12 plants it’s about 2 gallons each. I turn it on and do other stuff outside and keep an eye on it. I really should time it some day and then put a timer on it to be honest. I would hate to space it out and ruin my irrigation pump by running it dry. I just realized you’re doing gravity feed. So would the timer be a mechanical wind-up type or run on battery or 110V? I’m not getting the full picture.

When I feed, I hand dip about a quart and a half from a 5 gallon bucket per plant. For veg I feed very 10-14 days. For flowering every 7-10 days.
I recommend drip irrigation indoors or out. In pots indoors you could start at the max output then watch & time how long til runoff, adjust the flow accordingly and put a timer on it then. How many plants do you have going at once?