The ILGM DownEast 12

Sounds good @Willd wasn’t questioning your skills sir to be clear lol

WooHoo!
I didn’t think so John. And anything you add to the train of thought is always more than welcome brother. I need to get under there for sure. Will be much easier now. Last time I was rooting around under there, I broke out with a minor hive like irritation inside both my forearms even though they were covered with long sleeves. I think it was something in the mulch straw or freshly chipped wood mulch. After I do some trimming down there I’m going to lay down some more wood chips or weed block cloth.

Ironically, the biggest drawback to growing “weed” outdoors in the ground is weed control.

5 Likes

Yeah those bugs are tricky lol
Looking great any way brother your going to be trimming bud for months lol

2 Likes

Maybe that’s why I mostly see fabric pots outdoors?

1 Like

Yeah it sure could be. I’m a cheapskate. Next time, I’ll just do all weed block fabric under the whole thing like the mats we use in the veggie garden.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think pots require more frequent watering. Like if you left a potted plant unwatered for 14 days it probably wouldn’t be too happy. In the ground in northern New England, it would be fine. It might be wasting energy growing deeper roots, but that’s what plants do in nature.
I don’t know about fabric pots but if you leave tera cotta or plastic potted plants on the ground, the roots inevitably grow out of the drain holes and into the ground. Guess I need to educate myself about fabric pots though.
Couldn’t hurt. passing-joint-smiley-emoticon

9 Likes

Yeah your not wrong on the watering thing they will definitely dry out faster and you should use 15or 25 gal pots outdoors cause of long veg cycle to get best results imo @Willd
But the soft pots they also do what they call capillary feeding
Small roots will grow out of bottom of pot and and grow into ground under pot if allowed to sit directly on dirt or even weed block fabric :+1:

4 Likes

Hey Will, Iam learning the whole season this year, visited a few local grow sites and talked to few growers…
Everybody I know now here grows in fabric pots…
200-800 gallon
I have mine in 50-65 gal , I go with 100 gal next year…
Got some in ground, but the pots is way to go…
Great grow brother !!!

4 Likes

@Ragnar if you haven’t check mendo dope on utube they use 1000 gal pots woohoo

5 Likes

Yeah, but the are hiring lumberjacks by the harvest time…:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

And how many times do you figure they can be reused?
I’d try a couple if they’re reusable a few times

There are few different brands, I am testing a couple…
I got black, grey and light brown…
They make them camouflaged too…:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

The Golf Leaf & Amnesia Haze are killing it!

2 Likes

Hahahaha that’s a great visual @Ragnar
Lmfao :+1: To funny

1 Like

I used reuses a few sets now at least three times and still holding up @Willd
I have 4 fig trees in 25 gal pots for over 1-1/2 still carry them around with the handles lol I have a few different brands also but I found the 247 brand to be inexpensive and durable got them on Amazon

3 Likes

How quickly they grow up

Still sifting through 7 years of files to pare down my hard drive contents so the migration to the new iMac isn’t as painful.

FYI The pineapple haze has a 3 week longer flowering period than the rest & was started a couple weeks earlier than then rest bc I plan to force her to flower earlier than than rest :crossed_fingers: by manually covering her with opaque landscape fabric to create 12 hours of shade. I should think about starting to do that NOW.

5 Likes

Haven’t got the online version of the DE12 journal uploaded to my new weed friendly webhost yet but some content is up.

Who gave you permission to post links to your own websites? Please read the Forum Policy, and refrain from posting any commercial sites with out the express permission of the Administration of ILGM. Thanks

are all live and currently being developed and displaying both valid and placeholder content for now

A great concept all around Will. Very nice planning and implementation thus far. Love it. :keyboard::mega:

1 Like

Very impressive sites @Willd. And that granola looks crazy good.

2 Likes

I started chipping away at snipping the bushy stuff under the canopy and realize I either need to grow more hands or take some more time off work to get it done to all 12. MrsWilld & I laid weedblock fabric underneath most of them last night but ran out at the 9 mark.
Posting pics soon

2 Likes

I also posted some updated content to (site) making it more functional.

2 Likes