The ILGM DownEast 12

yes please

2 Likes

Since it’s not infused with cannabis, I’m going to keep this post in my grow journal instead of the recipes topic. I’ll cross post if it gets enough likes.

Freezer Stock

So a lot of people know how to make stock from fresh vegetables. Carrot, onion, celery are the most commonly used veggies. BUT, you can save some money AND create some deeply flavored soup stock by saving the trimmings and peels from just about any vegetable and herb in the freezer for later use as follows

Frozen chix carcass(es). These were some roaster sized birds we found on sale in a Searsport grocery for 77¢/lb so we bought a half dozen 6 pounders for the freezer

Frozen veggies scraps including, celery, onion tops bottoms and skins (for color), carrot, potato, broccoli, sweeho, kohlrabi, kale stems, chard stems, outer leaves of napa and cabbage too wilted for salad but not spoiled, garlic scapes, garlic skins,parsley stems, basil stems,etc...This batch is 3 gallon freezer bags full of veggie scraps and 2 chix carcass

Scraps in pot

Beans! They have to soak overnight. Looks like a couple of yellow eye snuck in there

Chix on parchment for 400° oven after 20 minutes with 20 more minutes to go!

Parchment burns above 425° so use caution or use foil. The stuff sticks so I use parchment to prevent that and get every browned morsel off
Once that pot boils, remove the lid, lower the burner to a simmer and simmer for 2-3 hours. Once the bones are browned and crisp dump that in the pot as well. That's it. strain it into another pot and let it cool to transfer to quart containers for later use. This will yield a couple of gallons of stock so that's about 3-4 big batches of soup. Mrs Willd won't use it bc of the chix but she's got frozen stock of her own in the freezer already. It's amazing how quickly you can fill a gallon freezer bag with vegetable trim and peels.
If you're not a vegetarian you may share my favorite moment from the process, which is finding the best half dozen bits of crisp skin and meat big enough to savor before dumping the rest of the roasted bones and goop into the pot. Tip: There are some veggie scraps that just aren't suited for stock. bell pepper cores, lettuce, cukes, and most squash. zucchini and yellow squash are ok. Whole dried cayenne peppers are good to add if you're making stock for chili or other spicy recipe. 2/per gallon is plenty then you don't have to add spice.
8 Likes

You have so much going on in your garden Will.
The good leaf looks like the biggest, based on the pics. Yup Re gonna be set for years after this harvest!!! :clap:

1 Like

Oh yeah on the Gold Leaf, Mr @North_East_Newbie!

Amnesia, Big bud, bubblegum, Chocolope & Pineapple are holding their own now and don’t seem as far behind anymore either. You have no idea the guilt I experience throwing dozens of clones worth of cuttings from these babies into the compost heap. I had a bouquet of a dozen stems from Goldy alone on Sunday, another half as many from Amnesia and like I said dozens from the rest of them.

1 Like

If only to u had more time and space for those clones. You’d have a forest of weed in your yard and/or basement. Are you still looking to start an online edibles company?

1 Like

yessir. it takes a lot to make a lot. A cannabis friendly dating site and non profit agricultural co-op site with the same name are also in the works. Dating site is a .com whereas the Co-op site is .org
Still working on trademark application for those domains before I go blabbing them all over. :laughing:

Co-op site will function as a hub for independent cannabis based home businesses (growers, distributors, manufacturers, potency testers, admin, legal, accounting etc) to share info, pool resources and collaborate. Cannabis job board would be a big component of that as well.

5 Likes

Why not juice them? I’m thinking of doing that

1 Like

damn. you got me. I’m officialy so high I forgot to consider juicing them. Mrs WillD and I had discussed it early on but they were pest damaged and nute deficient so we skipped. But now… now they are in much better condition.

Thanks @Fever! Will post results in recipe topic once we do it.

3 Likes

Dude been busy but I just caught up on the thread
Bro you plants look fantastic your going to have a huge harvest my friend woohoo
I can’t wait to get my gold leaf in the ground :+1:
As normal my brother well done

2 Likes

Supposed to have health benefits because it’s thca

So I’m trying to figure out if the Haze strains just have more closely spaced nodes by design or if it’s something I did wrong. I’m going to have to twine and staple a couple down. I just spent another 1H30M up there clipping and bending and tucking and clipping and clipping.

I’m putting my money on Gold Leaf.

8 Likes

Gold leaf is awesome, now I am just waiting how is the bud…
I will be growing gold leaf next year for sure…
Your grow looks wonderful
Happy times my friend :wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

OCT 31, 2015

I was going through my old computer to lighten up the migration of settings and files when the new one comes and stumbled upon this one I thought @North_East_Newbie
@Capt_Seeweed @Screwauger @bob31 @BIGE @Countryboyjvd1971 @daz49 @kabongster @Smokin_ernie @Sl1 will enjoy

It’s really weird to see the old built in book cases and old lighting we replaced with a full remodel and design of the first floor in Spring 2016.

16 Likes

And you was younger to :slight_smile: . Big bud you have there

That is Khona Cola

I bet you get bigger off them scrogs! Impressive!

August 1, 2017

@Countryboyjvd1971 @North_East_Newbie @kabongster @Smokin_ernie @Screwauger @bob31 @BIGE @daz49 @DieHigh55 @Hogmaster
Latest pics. They’re dripping wet with dew and whatever rain. In need of more tucking and maybe some more cleanup of skimpy stuff below the canopy.

AK-47

AMNESIA HAZE

BIG BUD

BLUEBERRY

BUBBLEGUM

CHOCOLOPE

GOLD LEAF

PINEAPPLE HAZE

PURPLE HAZE

SOUR DIESEL

STRAWBERRY KUSH

SUPER SILVER HAZE

9 Likes

Nice @Willd I would definitely get under them and trim up all the under growth to get the to focus up top :+1: They look great tho brother

4 Likes

Hence the mowing job. my overalls were drenched to the knee after that little workout.
On the bright side, I’ve lost 15 lbs from sweating with all the hard labor I did in July.
I’m gonna try to get back up there during work today. The candelabra structure is because I FIM and topped them so much. All the low branches are def reaching the screen but have lots to skimpy wimpies all over them that need to be suckered with my Corona bypass pruners. I really like the offset angle.

Oh yeah the net was raised considerably for mowing so quite a bit of the lower bushy looking stuff that looks like it’s not seeing daylight up top actually is. I should have lowered it back down all the way b4 I took pics.

6 Likes

Looking really really great, you are going to have so much bud

2 Likes