The ILGM DownEast 12

Yeah, you are fortunate to have that resource. I’m confident there is a spring located on this property because of the overly wet condition behind our garden shed, but have yet to locate the exact source. I believe all the clear cutting and scrub brush removal may shed some light on that, both literally and figuratively.

It’s ironic how we use so much energy pumping excess from January thaw through the end of spring and then having to resort to using our well for irrigation in summer. The output of the sump system flows into a culvert that drains into a bog on the abutting property. Perhaps we should consider installing an underground cistern to collect the sump output through winter & spring.

4 Likes

Definitely greeat idea , with this much momentary excess, some king of reservoir would be very useful…Its always something…:grinning:

I think you’re on to something there @Willd

1 Like

July 20, 2017

Ok so were 3/4 the way through July already. Holy Moly!
It was only a couple of days ago I tucked and tucked and tucked these crazy beauties into their “restraints”.
They obviously want the hell off the ward. ha ha ha ha!

AK-47

AMNESIA HAZE

BIG BUD

BLUEBERRY

BUBBLEGUM

CHOCOLOPE

GOLD LEAF

PINEAPPLE HAZE

PURPLE HAZE

SOUR DIESEL

STRAWBERRY KUSH

SUPER SILVER HAZE

18 Likes

You’re going to have a superior yield to reward your mad skillz!! Great update.

1 Like

That harvest is going to keep you busy for awhile!

1 Like

I’m hoping so. Blueberry is doing the least well, which is odd since it should be one of the best for around here.
Gold Leaf, Chocolope , and Pineapple Haze are standouts veg wise.

5 Likes

All looking really green and healthy!

1 Like

@Willd have you ever tried ak47?

1 Like

Not yet @Fever but the AK is doing really well too. I’m thinking the Blueberry looks like Zinc deficiency. Do any of you know if blueberry is more Zinc needy than any other strains?

Seems like an oddball thing, if so. It was always the “runt” and scrawny compared to the rest of her sisters.

1 Like

I had a free ak auto crossed with loweyder and it was my first flowing plant. I took a popcorn bud and couldn’t even sit with my family at the table. That stuff is bonkers!

2 Likes

It will be wonderful crop, happy times ahead :wink:

Guys I only just stumbled onto this thread.
Wild you are seriously the man look at those lovely jubbly onions cheer
What a seriously awesome grow thread.
Wish you all the best and id love too know an approximation on the yield you expect. I haven’t seen plants like that before ie scrog outdoors but wow they all look absolutely sensational mate.
This is seriously the most interesting thread I have read. Great work mate :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Figured out the issue with the Blueberry’s poor health. This is the one that split at the FIM site a couple of weeks ago. I didn’t realize how serious the separation is at the trunk. I’m not going to take any drastic measures other than make some more cuttings from them. I’ll post closeups of the damage after I do more SCROG tucking.
Happy Saturday. Full list of things to do until MrsWillD gets home. Then she’ll want to spend another couple of hours working in the garden and yard. 4:15am comes early some mornings. Especially after a big load of pesto pasta with extra green oil for supper. Does this buzz make my eyelids look fat?

7 Likes

Hey Doc, yep @Willd is The Man where America’s Day Begins.

The US Marines used to say " we do more by 0900 than most people do all day "
That is @Willd !!

8 Likes

@Patsbasement @Screwauger & any other resident and honorary Maineiacs @Countryboyjvd1971 @daz49 @Sl1 @Ragnar

Crummy weather to do much but take a few pics and harvest a couple heads of garlic

Not sure why these two already have 3 sets of dead leaves but w/e the rest of it will be there in a matter of a week.

There are scant raspberries this season because of the rehab project to reclaim massive concord grape vines and better manage the raspberries and apples

New raspberry shoots

AK-47

AMNESIA HAZE

BIG BUD

BLUEBERRY

BUBBLEGUM

CHOCOLOPE

GOLD LEAF

PINEAPPLE HAZE

PURPLE HAZE

SOUR DIESEL

STRAWBERRY KUSH

SUPER SILVER HAZE

Pinto bean

Chard,Carrot, Onion, Kale, Garlic

It's gonna be BLT season real soon!
L![|666x500](upload://v9MbChm8VE4UxADmDViYVBhrjJT.JPG)
T

Halved cherry and grape tomatoes are great for BLT wraps!

They start coming in so much earlier than the big ones. The yellow Sungold are the tops! sweet and tangy

The pic I took of one of the slicing tomato plants came out so blurry it's been omitted. Happy Growing!
14 Likes

Hehehe you better get tucking on the DE 12 @Willd

A backyard that is the envy of most and achieved by few. Thanks for the update(s).

4 Likes

Yeah thanks for the compliments. Keeping up with it all keeps us out of trouble and away from the general population. Cuts the food bill considerably too. We’re looking to barter and sell some of the garlic harvest for seed and consumption this season. I can’t say it’s “certified” organic, but I have no problem saying it’s organic. Plant it right once, never buy it again. Dry beans too. I live on bean soups and stews all winter. Mrs willD freezes all the kale we don’t use fresh for her winter soup making.
This weather has me thinking I should have soaked some beans for a stew this week. I suppose it’s not too late. I can make some stock today to warm the joint up. We save all our chix carcasses and other meat bones and veggie scraps in the freezer for making stock. Today’s the day.
Tip: throw the bones on a cookie sheet on foil or parchment for 30-45 minutes in a 400-425° oven turning a couple of times to really bring out the gelatin and flavor. You can do the same with the veggies if that’s something you’re after as well. makes for a darker richer tasting stock.

8 Likes

@willd ALL looking AWESOME!
We have some bacon from our farm share pig that would make some serious BLTs😜

2 Likes