The ILGM DownEast 12

Exactly by the time your finish @BIGE you don’t care what they eat hahahaha

5 Likes

So I was out supercropping this morning and found evidence of powdery mildew on one of the plants that is extra bushy and crowding itself in the center.

It’s far too early in the season to be dealing with that. I’m resorting to some aggressive pruning of the crowded center growth to open up some airflow. and maybe a light folilar dose of H2O2 solution (Hydrogen Peroxide)

This crappy too humid weather can break anytime

4 Likes

@Willd Man I just got caught up first time I’ve seen your journal here and boy am I am pressed the hail storm tore up everything I had growing entire garden practically destroyed I hope you don’t mind if I tag along but I wanted to tell you absolutely beautiful great job man

1 Like

@Willd It got 3 of my plants. Trimmed a bit but it might be too late. Just went out and sprayed some water with baking soda (read that from the bible) until I can order some of Roberts stiff for mildew. I wanted to do it a couple of days ago but it was still too moist so I didn’t dare. Playing wait and see.

Thanks @Hogmaster,
Working out of a home office makes it all possible. I doubt I’d be able to pull this off if I had to commute to an office every day.

Hail is a bitch. I’ve only seen it here a couple of times in the 6 years since I moved here and fortunately it’s been very small and short lived. I’ve definitely seen it ruin our entire family garden when I was a kid in RI.
I’m always reminded of a summer vacation one year when we were in IL approaching from the east racing the storm approaching from the west to the campground in our VW Bus. We got checked in and it came hard. It was golf ball sized hail. I’d never seen any that big before and haven’t since.

My genius Dad decided to reach out the window with a coffee cup “catch” one of the hail stones and ended up with a broken wrist from the impact and we lost 2 panes in our louvered windows before I got them all closed. He dropped the cup and within a few seconds it was completely pulverized into 1000 pieces.

2 Likes

Oh wow that left a mark.
It’s funny how we all can get dumbfounded caught up in a moment :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I believe it the weather this year that’s causing all the outdoor issues I’ve had to cull two plants that hermied cause I believe the temp swings hopefully all will settle into place now we’ve been have lots of cloud and rainy days all spring down my way brother
Hope you can get it under control

1 Like

@AnneBonny a dilution of Hydrogen Peroxide kills powdery mildew for sure. I don’t know what it does about the actual mold you experienced though. If the bible says baking soda, I’d use it.

1 Like

We have excellent canna weather finally…
Plants are loving it and all good here…
I had 1 hermie from 40 autoflowers I grow…
Be harvesting this week and in stages for next 2-3 weeks…
Happy times on homestead :wink:
Wish you guys all happy growing and a nice weather !

5 Likes

@Willd i’m just glad this time they weren’t softball size like they were 10 years ago everybody had a new windshield new roofs and I practically destroyed everything and then some I had a few things survived but not the best year for storms

2 Likes

Me too for your sake. Sounds like some scary times back then.

When you’re in tornado Central what do you expect LOL Man I really enjoyed reading your forum got some beautiful land there my friend my sunflowers are killing it at least the ones that didn’t get destroyed by the hail

7 Likes

Yeah being from the east coast and it being about the year 1972, none of us had ever actually seen such things & only heard about them.

2 Likes

Looks like a smiling beam of sunshine right there @Hogmaster

1 Like

Thank you sir

Gotta say this shit weather is reminiscent of the summer of '76. I was 12 and stayed with my oldest sister in Middletown RI for most of a that summer. Her guy at the time was a squid stationed in Newport. One of the things that really sticks out is that she had a sofa with leather trim and a big leather saddle bag of a purse that grew powdery mildew all over it because the sun didn’t shine but for 2-3 days the entire time I was there. Fortunately one of those days was July 4th. The day started on on the lawn of the Naval War College watch the Tall Ships Parade of Sail.
It ended in the parking lot at Schaefer Stadium after a stellar set from Elton John where I fell asleep in the back seat.

It’s still one of the most memorable summers of my life. I saw my first R rated films and even got to try smoking pot quite a few times that summer as well.

After re reading and contemplating this after posting it, I have to wonder if arrangement that year was designed to keep me out of my parent’s hair or keep tabs on their first born girl.

7 Likes

Two birds with one stone is probably what your pops told ya mom😂

1 Like

##June 27th, 2017

So lemme tell ya, at this stage in the game, Jan 23 (my first journal post) seems like forever ago. I’ve still got enough stash to get me to an October harvest, November cure and then some, but I totally get why so many folks grow indoors. Compared to almost 11 months it takes to start them inside and finish them out, some of the outstanding indoor grows I’ve followed here seem like the blink of an eye.

I never amended the soil before they went in the ground so now I’m paying in the way of nutrient deficiencies, namely N, Ca & Mg. I hate to feed plants when they’re not thirsty since absorption is much lower and Mother Nature has her own watering schedule that’s finally getting on track with what they need in that department.

So I’m mixing up a 12 CUP concentrated cocktail (using the dosage for 12 GALLONS) of Alaska fish and GenHydro’s CaMg+ and applying 1 cup/plant straight onto the ground between the stem and natural drip line of the canopy and let the daily showers rinse it in. I know when fertilizing trees, between the trunk and drip line of the canopy is the recommendation, but I don’t think manually manipulating the canopy of cannabis with SCROG actually extends the natural drip line or the root system. Any SCROG people care to comment or advise on that one? I wouldn’t think it would make much difference indoors, and pot/DWC bucket sizes would also be a contributing/limiting factor.

I’m really stoked to finally see some rampant growth trying to occur. The really need a good dose of nitrogen so I can start filling my screen.
@ragnar, @Countryboyjvd1971, @BobWags , @Brian091180, @kabongster

5 Likes

That’s a good question @Willd one unfortunately I’ll need to wait to hear a nswer to with you my friend
I keep my outdoor plants in pots so I need to feed them unlike you sir
@FloridaSon may be able to help out he’s was a outdoor guy only up till a few months back
@Majiktoker also grows directly in the ground as well

2 Likes

@Willd

I really don’t have the experience to be able to answer your questions however in the next week or two when I cut my plants I will take photographs of the root system so others who are more advanced and knowledgeable can comment on the root size.

2 Likes