May 2, 2017
Not much new to report. Letting the camera acclimate to the inside temps before I take pic of the plants since I left it in the truck all weekend.
We got the "rainer" all fabricated and almost completely configured again. (still need one more impact sprinkler on a tripod) Some lucky neighbor grabbed about 25' of scrap aluminum in the form of the seamless gutter the ice trashed last winter. We fortified the fascia and used more hangers than called for this time. We also went with vinyl since we're not actually drinking it and 30' came in at about $100. For the cost of a couple of replaceable connectors and self tapping stainless screws, the entire gutter can be disassembled in about an hour to be safely stored in the shed over winter
Mrs. WillD planted all 176 holes in the two 12 foot long #2 garden mats we laid out after hand turning that bed and we covered it with remay. If you've never heard of or used them and have better things to do than pull weeds all summer, do yourself a favor and check 'em out.
66 carrots, 44 spinach, 44 Wethersfield red onion, 22 buttercrunch lettuce.
Not tilling the upper plot where the DownEast 12 are going to live but the lower one is still far too soggy to even think about tilling yet.
Just about all 300 Garlic are showing themselves nicely.
BUT if things don't dry out soon we're going to have to turn the rest of the plot over manually with our broad forks.