The Grow Goddess and a Chocoloupe Seed

she looks very healthy dear…leds do not make good lights for pictures…lol

2 Likes

Thursday, December 28, 2017
Baby pictures at three days old…

Not much else to see here, but in about a week she’ll be ready to transplant. I put some water in the tray to get the humidity up to about 60%.

7 Likes

Friday, December 29, 2017
At four days…

Nothing has changed. All conditions remain the same.

3 Likes

Saturday, December 30,2017
My little girl is growing up.

And there are now nice roots coming out the bottom…

She could wait a few days, but I’m going to take the opportunity to transplant her into a four inch pot today.

I’m using Foxfarm Ocean Forest potting soil for all transplants.

I’m also starting her very first feeding today because I’m using the Foxfarm family of nutrients which starts with a seedling week.

Seedling Week
The following is added to one gallon of water.
Note: This is at half strength of what is recommended. I do this because indoor plants are very sensitive to nutrients and don’t require the larger amounts of outdoor plants.

1. Big Bloom, 3 teaspoons
  2. Boomerang, 1/2 teaspoon
  3. Wholly Mackerel, 1/4 teaspoon

After nutrients are added:
Ph= 6.5
EC= 0.6
Get yourself a set of Ph and EC meters.

5 Likes

All out of likes @raustin but everything looks good.

1 Like

Don’t you hate running out of likes? :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, I had waited for my time limit to run out, used ONE like, then it told me I had to wait again. But now they work. I dont know. @raustin

1 Like

You appear to be using a different Trio than everyone else that I see using …I don’t use Fox Farm nutrients so I’m not that familiar with them… but I thought that boomerang was some sort of a cleaner and not a nutrient… :wink:
I’m just curious… glad to see you back around girly… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

How are you, peachfuzz? I’m so happy to hear from you again!

You are correct, I am using Foxfarm’s Dirty Dozen which starts with these three nutes. The three basics, Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom are all used, just not yet. Everything is in a very specific order. Honestly, I’ve tried other nutes, but I’ve never had any problems with the Dirty Dozen – it literally makes nutes idiot proof. Everything else I’ve tried always resulted in nutrient burn, so now this is all I will be using. :kissing_closed_eyes:

Boomerang is normally used just after a cleaning with Sledgehammer, it helps the plants come back… get it? Lol

3 Likes

I’ve switched everything to hydro now , so I use the GH 3 part nutrients with Humboldt additives… seems to be working really good for me… :wink:
Hope you and your family had a good Christmas and wishing you a good new year… :wink:
P.s. I like the new grow goddess title… :wink:
I thought you might be a goddess before you mentioned it… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ahh, you switched to hydro! I’m so jell! If I had the space I’d do hydro too, definitely the best way to go.

A very happy New Year to you too, baby!

P.S. I’m only a goddess when I grow weed. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Saturday, January 6, 2018
Week One of twelve week grow.
The following is added to one gallon of water :

1. Big Bloom, 3 teaspoons
  2. Boomerang, 1/2 teaspoon
  3. Wholly Mackerel, 1/4 teaspoon
    Ph=6.5
    EC=.6

She’s looking really fine. :sunglasses:
*All nutrients at half strength.

Humidity is a real problem right now because of the cold outside, so I’m keeping her under the dome for as long as possible where relative humidity remains 48-78%.

9 Likes

Out of likes but following along. @raustin

1 Like

Saturday, January 13, 2018
Week Two of twelve week grow.
The following is added to one gallon of water:

1. Big Bloom= 3 teaspoons
  2. Grow Big= 1 1/2 teaspoon
  3. Boomerang= 1/2 teaspoon
  4. Kangaroots= 1/4 teaspoon
  5. Microbe Brew= 1/4 teaspoon
  6. Wholly Mackerel= 1/4 teaspoon
    *All measurements are at half strength.
    Ph= 6.5
    Ec= 2.0
    Here she is a week older…

She now has five fingers…

And she has some beautiful roots coming out the bottom…

She can definitely use a transplanting today. I just have to decide if I want to put her in a 2 gallon, or her final home in a 5 gallon. I’ll post again when I finally make up my mind.

7 Likes

Those roots look as good as it gets! Good job. Im glad i started following this i like the way u post ur grow journal also.

3 Likes

So I decided to transplant her into her final home of a 5 gallon fabric pot. This is a first for me because i would normally do at least one more transplant before the final, but I’m feeling lucky, and a little lazy. I think she’ll be fine. I gave her a good nutrient bath with the rest of the gallon I made earlier.

Oh, and this is also the first time I’m using these new-fangled fabric pots. I’ve heard a lot of good things about them and everyone here seems to swear by them.
Her final home…

12 Likes

The roots looked even better when I unpotted her. If i had a third hand, I would’ve taken pictures. :grinning:

Thank you, I’m glad you appreciate the way I record my grow journal. I think it’s important to be accurate, but I am trying to show my friends how easy this whole process is. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I have had this same thought many times, particularly when transplanting :wink:

4 Likes

Saturday January 20, 2018
Week Three of twelve week grow.

1. Big Bloom = 3 teaspoons
  2. Grow Big = 1 1/2 teaspoons
  3. Boomerang = 1/2 teaspoon
  4. Microbe Brew = 1/4 teaspoon
  5. Wholly Mackerel = 1/4 teaspoon
  6. Kelp Me Kelp You = 1/8 teaspoon
  7. Flowers Kiss (foliage spray on application)
    1 teaspoon per gallon in sprayer.
    *All measurements at half strength.
    Ph = 6.4
    EC = 2.4

So, this week we had some leaf burn from the lights being too close after the transplant, but I moved the lights up about 6 inches and everything seems to be fine now.

You can see a little bit of burn on the bottom leaf edges…

9 Likes

Saturday January 27, 2018
Week Four
of twelve week grow.

1. Big Bloom = 1 1/2 teaspoons
  2. Grow Big = 1 1/2 teaspoons
  3. Boomerang = 1/2 teaspoon
  4. Kangaroots = 1/4 teaspoon
  5. Wholly Mackerel = 1/4 teaspoon
  6. Kelp Me Kelp You = 1/8 teaspoon
  7. Open Sesame = 1/8 teaspoon
  8. Flowers Kiss (foliage spray on application)
    1 teaspoon per gallon in sprayer.
    *All measurements at half strength.
    Ph = 6.5
    EC = 2.8

My baby really took off this week with a nice growth spurt. I had to raise the lights two more inches. She’s really starting to smell too.

I’m so proud. :sob:

15 Likes