The Force is Strong in this one!

@TxGrowman got a pic of her topped

2 Likes

Not yet. Been a little busy, had a water leak in the house after all that freezing we had. They do not insulate well in TX, hardly ever freezes here !

Will try to get some pictures tomorrow when I give her a bath and nutes ! It is really hard to see as she has a lot of leaves in the way. Looks very good in the growing department now. May have to start her flowering soon to keep her in the box ! First Golden Tree in watering and it looks like it is taking already.

6 Likes

Not the best picture for the top but will get one when I give her a feeding next time. I take her in the shower so I am sure I get sufficient drain off for each feeding. I think that made a world of difference in my last grow.

Fed with Sensi-Grow 4ml and Golden Tree 4ml. She is still growing eagerly.

11 Likes

she’s a beauty @TxGrowman

2 Likes

Looking good :+1: does the trunk look big for the size of the plant ?

2 Likes

Wow she’s growing fast! Looking good

2 Likes

Lookin good dude, well done! :+1: :smile:

2 Likes

Never really thought about the stem size but it is pretty substantial for the size of the plant now. I bent it over pretty far the other day and it jumped right back to straight. Yea, I guess you could say it is pretty big for this early. Hoping that means large yield ! ! :us: :man_farmer:

5 Likes

@TxGrowman that was my thinking…BIG yield :+1::wink:

2 Likes

I think yours and mine are showing their sativa side for sure! I was expecting her to be a little bit more bushy but mine shot right up like yours. I know it’s not stretch because the Blackberry next to her is short and bushy using the same light. It’s really cool being able to compare our two Skywalkers and how similar they are :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Tylan My thinking completely. Was actually a little disappointed. Was hoping to get more of an indica stature out of her. She definitely looks more sativa in her growth. The write up on the site says 80% Indica but I have found a lot of contradicting information in the seed catalog. I really do not have room for sativa’s in my small grow box. Of course, you can always catch a recessive trait in a seed.

Got some private time at home today and took a couple pictures after I revised the topping. Didn’t quite like the first one so I revised it. Took a little off the top to slow her down a little and get a better topping. Here she is:

12 Likes

I hear you on the disappointment @TxGrowman. I planned to grow and scrog two sativa dominates which one turned out to demonstrate indica traits. And I was banking on the Skywalker being indica leaning for my planning purposes.

The top looks great. Hopefully that keeps her contained enough for your space. Sounds like you might need to super crop as well possibly.

3 Likes

Good afternoon growers. Watered with Sensi-Bloom and Golden Tree this AM. She was completely dry from the last watering. Unbelievable as it seems, the two shoots from the topping gained almost a half inch from yesterday ! Can’t slow this thing down no matter what I do. I am going to keep the lights close but she grew into them last night and was touching the bulbs this AM.

@Tylan hope you have a lot of space to grow them in, for sure you will need it.

Here is today’s pics. Don’t normally take them this close together but the growth in 16 hours is amazing !

Warning for all Skywalker OG growers - have a good space overhead, they will for sure need it.

12 Likes

Hahahaha I sure hope so :sweat_smile:. Might have to super crop that b… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Damn ! I am so wanting to get out the tent and let her grow! Don’t think I could get the wife to go with that. Was hoping I’d have taken care of that with the land in PA but the Land Title is still held up.

This plant is a monster that wants to take off to the moon. I will have my hands full in my small grow area. I’m really wanting the bigger space, I think this plant has the genes to almost fill up my 2x4x5 tent as a mainline. It looks like it wants to be a nice Xmas Tree (“nice 6 footer”) if you let it grow. It seems a shame to have to stunt the growth of this plant by keeping it in this small space. Gonna be a good challenge to get the most I can out of it. Should keep me busy studying up on supercropping and such. Got my notebooks that I kept.

Indeed, The Force Is Strong In This One. This is gonna get interesting. . . :us: :man_farmer:

4 Likes

Hey @TxGrowman I think she was a quick out the gate and then she calms. Look at her in relation to my other two. She’s only 8in currently and they aren’t far behind.

On the other hand the Skywalker compared to sativa dominant amnesia haze (12in tall). You might be ok :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Good to know. I have nothing to compare with but she seems a lot bigger than my others. Hope you are right. I had thought about that it may be a quick starter but I haven’t seen any start this fast.

I still would like to see her in my tent instead of my small space. :man_farmer:

4 Likes

Just checked her before bedtime and she has reached the lights that I moved up this AM. She has got the heart of a Lion. I am going to trim a few leaves tomorrow and make a little room for lower leaves to expand. I am going to remove two leaves to facilitate tying the new leaves down to get my second trim on the mainline. That looks like it will be no more than a week away at the speed she is growing. Going to put thread through the fabric pot and IV tubing around the string to not cut the stems.

@garrigan62 I am going to try to run this mainline out to 8 colas, maybe more. I may just not trim so heavy on the bottom and try to supercrop a couple more out of them. We will see what happens as I go. :us: :man_farmer:

3 Likes

@TxGrowman

I would like to see a pic of before and after.

Will

3 Likes

Can do. I trimmed two upper leaves this AM to give my first mainline trim room to spread out.

1 Like