The Force is Strong in this one!

:thinking:… Interesting!
So you cut the other 2 branches and you let the lower ones?
The power of this weed is amazing :heart_eyes:, she keeps going no matter what…
Sadly I broke one of the top branches (I make a clone from that) and I have 3 left :joy: (one in top and 2 lower ones…

Awsome @TxGrowman it looks just like the tutorial. You are doing a great job :rofl:

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hey if you would just cut the fan leaves off your branches and left the shoots you would also grow colas there. When I do something similar to what you doing I leave all shoots where weed bud can form and cut off all fan leaves. But you are shooting for something totally different than me but I’ll be watching to see how she grows. Great job

1 Like

@M4ur I looked at the distance between the nodes and the ground and decided to lower her closer to the ground and have the lowest point on the trunk to grow from as possible. That is what was recommended in the outline. She has had NO problem getting nutrients to her leaves.

At least you got a good clone out of the broken stem - that gives you a whole new plant.

4 Likes

@Onlythebest79 I am going to try and have a symmetrical grow for several reasons. Do you have a journal that you are keeping? You have me interested in your grow now. What is the main idea of your grow?

I have a very small space to grow in and want to fill it as much as possible.
I need to keep the colas more or less the same size due to the possible weight of the grow. I am anticipating a large yield and need to have it distributed as much as possible. With only one main stem, it needs all the support it can get. I have shaped a tomato cage to support the plant if needed.
The colas all need to have the same amount of light as much as possible. This will allow them to all ripen at the same time or very close to the same time.

This grow has been eating up my time more than my usual grow. I want to get a large yield this crop as it will be a while till I can grow again. Jerry :us: :man_farmer:

5 Likes

@TxGrowman

Yes I have a grow journal here it is. I have really no reason for my grows other than harvesting as good and potent weed I can harvest. I just add different techniques I read about to my process and whatever works I keep and what doesn’t I move to the next best idea.

Sorry forgot to post link

3 Likes

I’m on it. Want to see how GDP grows. Thanks. Jerry

1 Like

@MAXHeadRoom @BIGE @M4ur @Kcdaniels @Tylan

Ok I’m back from visiting the hospital and it has been four days since I looked at the young apprentice. Despite the fact that I have not watered her and put my LED a little close before I went in the hosp, she is thriving in the grow box all the leaves are grown over the entire middle section again, like it was never trimmed again. Outstanding growth continues.

I bent down the main stems again and now have four distinct tops that are ready to go. I trimmed off a LOT of excess leaves again and put her back in the grow box. Water with pH water and nothing else.

Can’t wait to get a taste of her buds, the box smells like pot heaven already and she has not ever popped a bud yet !

Am to tired for pictures today and am going to rest. Will try for some tonight before lights out. :us::man_farmer:

8 Likes

Get some rest! Look forward to photos tomorrow

2 Likes

Hi again. Had a high school friend that I have not seen in 40 years call me this afternoon and stopped in to see me. He is going on vacation to Calif for a couple months (must be nice!!) to meet with some friends that were on our state championship track team in our senior year. I am going to try to go out (I’ll fly out next month to join them) and have a good time, I’m sure. We always did in HS except pot is legal now in CA and it would not be illegal to get as stoned as we did then.

He was amazed at my mainline project and loved taking a couple pictures for me. You would have had to wait a week for me.

As you can see, I took a lot of leaves and she still looks great. I should have gotten one before I trimmed to show how fast she grew in four days. :sunglasses:

12 Likes

The mainlining process is time consuming and lengthens the grow time. I can see a plant that is much stronger growing than a lot of plants I have grown. I will see what it is like at the end. She is getting very close to turning to 12/12. Just got to get the last couple buds ready to flower and off she goes.

I will judge the yield with the work and see if it is worth it. The real determining factor on judging the grow is what the flowers taste like after curing ! Can’t wait to see since there is no one that has finished a plant yet.

8 Likes

Good morning fellow growers. I put my young apprentice on her next test to being a true Jedi Knight this morning.

Journal Update:
Warning: This entry is NSFW !
I finally am starting to see the plan for my Mainline coming out in her. I stripped my young apprentice to the tune of Neil Young’s “Harvest Moon” of her excess growth and got her lean and mean again. Not quite Harvest time but I love Neil Young ! !
I took off many excess (at least what I thought were, we will see later) stems and leaves and she looks barren now. I am hoping she will continue her steady growth through this step.

Flushed her with one gallon of pH’d water and after that drained off, I added a gallon of pH’d water after adding 2ml each of Sensi-grow and Golden tree. Nothing else. Went into the soil at 6.2 and drained her off she is now bathing in the warm light of my 300 watt LED. Looks very happy at this time. Will see her recovery today.
@Dragon269 @Kcdaniels If you thought I had balls on the last trim, take a look at this one :sunglasses:

@MAXHeadRoom this REALLY looks like the outline now. Maybe too much but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Hope you all have a great day. :us: :man_farmer:

Picture 1 is overview.

Picture 2 & 3 show the uneven growth the I got on the right side. Trimmed as I thought best.

Picture 4 shows nice regular growth. Note: I cheated and kept the small bud coming off the mainstem. It is in a good position so I figured it would be a good one to keep.

11 Likes

That is so cool. :+1::+1::+1: Great job. Are you going for 8 or 16 or just wait and see? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Because of the non-symmetrical growth on the one side I believe it will be 9 colas with that small one on the one side going up the middle of the grow. I am not aiming for any more. I want them to get headed up and see what her flowers are like. I’m hoping a short flower (the site says it flowers short) but will not hurry her up. Want to see some big colas this time.

4 Likes

I could hear her scream from my house :scream::scream::scream::grinning::grinning:
I’m sure she is going to recoup but she hates you right now :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

HA HA ha ha ! Good one ! Actually, I just looked in on her and the leaves are all looking good and healthy. No drooping and all look like new growth will be there tomorrow. I’m glad that I can take a few days off and just feed her while I rest up. The flu kicked my butt this year.

2 Likes

Really interesting technique you have going there. Will follow closely

1 Like

Good morning fellow growers ! 65 and rainy today with winds 15 mph. Just enough to make being outside a little cold and wet. Had my first morning out with the retired military community in 6-7 weeks today. Was nice to get out but I am tired already. Time for watching the Olympics again. The USA women are going for the gold in ice hockey ! GO USA ! :us: :us: :us:

Journal update:
Looked in on my lady this AM and she is putting out leaves at a fantastic rate. Aside from the fact that there is only about 8-9 areas growing actively, she looks awesome again. This is the best strain I have had to grow this strongly. Most of the trimming is done now except keeping the big leaves from covering the bud sites now. She looks pretty much like the Mainlining Outline pictures now.

Again, cannot believe the smell coming out of the grow box. I may have to put an extra filter on the grow box and make an arrangement for another exit on the box to contain the smell. This one may have to be an external filter and fan due to space size inside. Minor problems for sure but need to be addressed before flowering. Just looking at the plant and calculating the time to start flowering and I am expecting to start flowering in about 14 days or less.

Ya’ll have a great day ! :man_farmer:

5 Likes

If you want to know more, research Mainlining cannabis or Manifold growing cannabis. You Tube also has some great videos on it. It is the first time I followed the outline and it is going well so far. It does slow grow time but if you get a hearty strain, (Skywalker OG meets that requirement very well) it is a lot of fun. I am trying to have 9 main cola’s off this plant. Not sure of yield but I am seeing 16 oz/cubic meter in optimal conditions on Robert’s website. I have about .5 cubic meters, 17x18x48 inches, so am shooting for minimum of 6 oz or more dry weight .

Mainlining was developed by Nugbuckets for just a size space as mine. He had amazing success with it. I have used variations of it before but I am trying to stay as close to his outline as possible. She seems to be responding well to all the trimming. :man_farmer:

5 Likes

Journal Update: I have been thinking about the process of mainlining a lot in the last two days. It looks like it is going to be a good system for growing in my space. After about 46 days, my plant is only about 8 inches tall but has all bud sites on the ends of all nine branches.

The mainstem is thick and very strong. I tried to bend it and it does almost no bending. Basically now all I have to do is keep the lower part of the branch leave-less from here on out.

I am plan to let her veg about 10-14 days before starting flowering. If she grows the same as previously, that should be enough time. If not, add a week, I’m not gong to push it…

Am going to start cutting back on grow nutes after next feeding Wednesday to get ready to move to flowering nutes. I am going to use Sensi-Bloom, Jamaican 0-10-5 guano that I will add to the top of the soil, Big-Up on week 2 of flowering and the last week before flush. I will continue to use Golden Tree as previously but might try to increase it to 5 to 7.5 ml /gal slowly.

My rack for the buds to rest on is ready to put in the pot. It is outside and I am going to clean it with bleach and water first tomorrow put it in the pot and start training the buds to it. It is about 24 inches high and should work well.
I believe that, hopefully, is about all that I will do and let her do the work for me.

I looked at an otoscope that attaches to my PC and phone today. I want to get it so I can watch the trichomes develop closely. Also going to look closely for spider mites as I will have garden plants two rooms away. I am going to bring as few store bought plants as possible and treat the ones I do so I do not endanger my cannabis plants. I try to germinate my own garden plants from seed.

Take care all and have a good night. :us: :man_farmer:

6 Likes