T5 - 2', 4 lamps; Best for propagation of seedlings and clones

his what I use

https://www.amazon.com/Light-4lamps-DL824-Fluorescent-Hydroponic/dp/B009GU4RMC?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

I have my current babies under T5’s. They are great for early vegging! Actually I have used them right up to the point when I change to L.E.D.'s for flowering.every little bit helps when trying to save on electric! Mike

i am thinking about purchasing one of these for a new seedling through veg box i am making. thanks for the thumbs up

I love mine. I am using it not. Popped 3 of 3 OG Kush by mistake, 1 WW auot of 2 (1 fail). Seeds were over a year old stored in fridge so I am happy 4 of 5 popped.

Placed 3 Gold Leaf in Riockwool starter cubes. (what I meant to start the other day, LOL

What is the best lighting system could a full spectrum system be used through any or all of a plants growth cycle

Here you go. I use a 400 watt and a 600 watt model of this lamp. Ny last grow had a yield of 3/4 lb. from 2 plants

https://www.amazon.com/iPower-GLSETX600DHMAC6-600-Watt-Digital-Dimmable/dp/B005GYRZV2?tag=greenrel-20

Happy growing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the response to my question I tried using your blog I was sent got it set up now I can’t figure out how to use it

So I guess I have a lot of questions about the best potting soil can I use Fox Farms ocean forest for my seedlings and switch over to Happy Frog When I transplant or what would you recommend

I’m doing all my growing indoors in a area 3.5X3.5X7 so all the information I’ll be asking will indoor related

Some growers claim that Ocean Forest is too hot for seedkings; Others claim Ocean Forest is not too hot for seedlings. I start my seeds in rockwool cubes, and transplant to 1 gallon nursery pots filled with ProMixBX

If you start with Ocean Forest (most popular of FF soils), I don’t know why you would want to change to happy frog later. Perhaps you can enlighten me, lw :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info about the ocean forest, I’ll use your method, you guys there have most likely forgotten more than I’ll ever hope to know

So my next question: what size rock wool cube would you recommend for seedlings. Any particular type of Pro Mix BX would you also recommend as well for my soil. Or what types did you use

I have a 12 x 6 x 7 area thousand watt kind LED on a light rail going to start white willow Autoflower out of 20 sees how many of those would I need to plant for a pound in a half

Sorry, No one can truthfully answer how much you will yield from an
autoflower plant. Most depends on how well your grow system works.
Different lighting, nutrition and atmosphere all play a big part. All you
can do is start a few maybe 12 in that space and see what you get back.
Happy growing :slight_smile:

Is there any kind of chart for the seeding fertilizer referring to PPM

Does it have UV?

I have a T5 4 light with 4 10,000k finisher bulbs. These are good for the whole grow I’m told. Anyone have any results or comments.
So far they are doing well as far as I can tell.
I understand sometimes a 3500 K light is added, I’m not going to need that I’m told.
What do ya’ll think?

What exactly do you wan to know? You do not need much more than good water to create a healthy seedling. I t is more about the medium you use to propigate the seed.

1 Like

I was wondering if anyone used the 10,000k finisher lights for flower. There is very little information on the bulb. And just any comments on the T5 and their personal grow results.
I’m on my first. Doing ok. Foxfarm soil, 2x4 tent and T5.
I’ll share my grow here soon. getting some pics.
Thanks

IMO, T5 is for propagation and seedlings. If you are in a tent, T5 can also be used for a month of vegis yuo so choose. I suggest finding a decent 2’x4’ LED for veg and flower. Attemtp find full spectrum white light with little or no red. a few red does not hurt, but you really do not want too much red which makes a “blurplr” lamp. Although; I have seen decent to good results using cheap blurples. I try to use everything onn the market for testing in order to teach growers. I do not mean every brand; I mean:
All of the different “T” sizes.

Metal Halide, both full spectrum whiter-blue (Hortilux) and the blue with enhanced red spectrum (Agrosun)

High pressure sodium. Puts off a yellowish color.

And now LEDs.

Happy growing. lw

1 Like