Super Skunk (fem)... very poor success... you have any suggestions?

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

“I have had consistent germination failure. This is very frustrating not because of the cost but because it throws off my crop. Now I have to plant extra seeds in to make sure I don’t have any empty pots. Very frustrating. I follow germination instructions and use and incubator and always have had near perfect success. I get the impression these Super Skunk (fem) were on sale for a reason. I’ve had very very poor success. Again I use a very strict germination method of 24 hours of soaking and then placed in peat-moss germination cubes. Cubes are kept in a incubator at 75 degrees with fluorescent lighting. I’m an experienced grower. I planted 10 seeds in hopes of filling 8 pots. One plant sprouted in three days, 2 more a few days later. It’s now three weeks and still only three plants. I spread one cube to see seed just sitting there. I’m going to scrap these seedlings and start again with my last 10 seeds. If you have any suggestions about this new attempt to germinate now’s the time.”

1 Like

If they won’t germinate for you then ask Becky to send you replacement seeds. Sounds like you are doing a good job of trying to germinate. it is possible though seeds were X-ray’d at customs and it killed most of them, possibly.

3 Likes

@bob31 has a good point about customs :+1:
I have bought seeds when they run a sale and have not had a issue with germination myself

1 Like