Strawberry kush and white widow challenge

Omg that’s going to look so good and probably stink to high heaven lol I didn’t realise you were that far along with them, so you still haven’t said said if you use a bud trimmer, so please tell us your whole harvest process, do you have a team of you, do you wash it, how do you trim it, so do you hang it somewhere dark? Sorry for so many questions but it’s the only way for us newbies to learn, so appreciate it if you and any of the other long term growers want to share your wisdom with us

1 Like

Sadly, I don’t have the space to create a true darkroom. I drape plastic over the windows to prevent direct sun from shining on them. I used one of these on the really dense buds;
https://www.amazon.com/Growtent-Garden-19-inch-Trimmer-Hydroponic/dp/B01G8X4YZ4/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?tag=greenrel-20
Most of it was trimmed with these by my own hand

3 Likes

It would take me forever to do mine with scissors, I had to get some proper trimmers, nice little set but shrarp oh yeah, so what do you think of the electronic one? You still haven’t run me/us on your system, do you have a team of people and set up a line

1 Like

Dude, it’s just me., myself and I. I go up in the field with my scissors and take it one stem at a time. I cut all the fan leaves off & let them fall on the ground. Then I take the stems and put them in the green bucket. When I have a big bouquet, I take them down to the garage and hang them on strings long enough to let the sugar leaf wilt so they flop over when you hold the bud by the stem, making them easier to cut. I have an oscillating fan in there for airflow.

I’m going to experiment again this year with different methods. As I said before we have some people claiming they are coming to help this time. We’ll see. ha ha ha. At any rate, I have my great work from home gig and good Wi fi in the garage so If I had to put a drop cloth on the floor of my home office I could. I’ll post more as I do more.

4 Likes

I’d come and help anytime, we’ll wot I mean is i’d love to if I could, just you a, f♧ckin hell you must be super fit from doing all that, well done you, if I ever win the lottery I’ll buy the farm next door and we could be besties,thanks for sharing your process my friend

1 Like

Wow those look great! Gonna be some good smoke I bet. I was thinking of growing the strawberry kush next. Lemme know how it is. Thanks for the tag my friend!

2 Likes

I thought you might appreciate it, get a nice view of the buds and the trichomes as they are now

2 Likes

Trim party @Willd house. Lol. Well, as long as you have the time and patience. … someday maybe I’ll be in that predicament. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah I’d love to be at @Willd place, either actually there or equally meaning at his place as far as growing, but always been jealous of his set up, and he’s a really top guy,really hard working, I’d be quite
set up in a really cool tent and helping him out

3 Likes

Wish we were all free and could share seeds and breeds… we’d get a lot done.

3 Likes

I’m really kicking myself for not getting any white widow this past time around. I did trade one with @SL1 when the Boston cannabis convention occurred. I think I traded one with @BobWags too so I’ll pop two of those babies in the ground next season. My Strawberry Kush this season is the most frostiest icy crystallized rock candy looking buds I’ve ever grown! So exited to try something exotic

8 Likes

You will love the ww, my strawberry kush certainly has some catching up to do, mine looks really skinny, it must be from being drowned out by the ssh and ww, and the ww and sk weren’t really ready but the ssh and gl clone were getting so big I just had to do it, I was worried about it ending up like that :frowning: oh yeah also @Willd I’m doing blueberry next grow, with white widow again

Well you’ve witnessed it firsthand they grow like weeds. It will catch up and everything will be just dandy. I just revisited my Seed bank and I have two white widow and I traded for a blueberry and a purple haze.

It does seem skinnier than some of the other strains. Like there is a big clump at the top and then a long stick a few smaller nugs at the bottom Of each stem

1 Like

Can you look at it closely for me at the strawberry kush @Willd and tell me, it’s not a male is it? I’m really worried about that, I know all the seeds I bought are supposed to be feminized seeds so I really hope that it’s because she has some catching up to do, and she’s getting overcrowded by the others,could any others pitch in on this because I’m pretty worried and I don’t really have the experience to know
@Hogmaster @latewood @kabongster @Laurap @Majiktoker @Capt_Seeweed

1 Like

@Willd

Those DO look mighty fine. Excellent job. And yeah, both of us did trade you white widow seeds so you’re good to go on those. Very soon I’m going to be planting the Purple Haze you gave me.

2 Likes

Pictures from today

@SmoknGranny @Majiktoker @kabongster @Fever Niala @Zombo @BIGE @bob31 @Tr33 @HighDesertFarmer

8 Likes

@daz49 happy happy tent brother! Wow!!!:palm_tree::grinning::+1::v:

2 Likes

Thanks brother, she’s looking pretty good

1 Like

She’s look fantastic brother! You’re kicking Arse! (Good thing!!!)

Strawberry kush trichomes pictures from today

@Capt_Seeweed @Zombo @Niala @bob31 @Coltfire @Smokin_ernie @Ray4x @SmoknGranny @Tr33

9 Likes