Starting out and need a little help along the way

Oh cool! Let me know how that works out! That would work for me!

You might shock them plants with cold air blowing directly on them.

Thatā€™s a fan but might help move some cooler air into bottom of tent
Iā€™m sure the house has Ac
I donā€™t think youā€™ll shoke the plants but you may dry pots out to fast with the air blowing right onto the first one especially
I put a piece of foam board in front of my pot thatā€™s closest to my intake fan
Just to redirect the air around pot ?

@Countryboyjvd1971

Itā€™s an A/C unit not fan. I can set temps on it as low as 60 with it. I used it in Canada I put AC in my room as up there itā€™s cool the majority of time so no need for AC. But me being from the south I still had to have it so I bought this. Kept my room nice and cool.

2 Likes

Wow :flushed: Ok I stand corrected then @Onlythebest79
It looks like a reversible window fan but cool
If it blowing cold air right on plants that could be a issue just get something to deflect air around the first pot so it doesnā€™t dry out to fast :+1:
Hope it helps brother let me know

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Rugar89

Should I hang it or put below pots ?

If it was me I would try to let that cool air blow between the light and canopy. Only one way to find out,

@Rugar89

Thatā€™ll be done later today when I get home

Tag me when you do. Iā€™m still looking for options for mine.

This unit cost like 35 bucks at a Kmart back in 2008

I would put below pots and let exhaust fan pull cool air up myself brother heat will rise naturally to exhaust it will help with air flow as well
But try it both ways and see which works best for you brother
Being in the HVAC trade we are taught cold will always seeks heat so if you get air flow moving from top to bottom circulation will be better and more even tent temps should be achieved

I was thinking right above the plants and it can be raised with the plant growth

@Countryboyjvd1971

I have three thermometers in my tent. One up top on my filter, one on the floor, and one under my humidity dome. And I understand that the heat rises, but the top of my tent is 2degs cooler then the bottom when the light is on.

Hummmmm ok thatā€™s a good one
I have sensor top and bottom of my tent and with lights on and both my exhaust and intake fans running as well as my two fans inside tent I maintain 2-5 degrees difference top to bottom top being hottest ?
My exhaust runs at 100 cfm and intake at 90 cfm three lights going in tent most of the grow all leds
My two air moving one is pointed across top of tent toward exhaust filter other is just blowing air from front to back on a angle down towards back wall
I donā€™t read center ?
Both of you guys have me a little bit confused hahahaha
With your heat issues wish I was closer to both so I could come by and get hands on :+1:
Oh and my tent at the top is only about 5-8 degrees warm the grow room temp ? @Rugar89 @Onlythebest79

1 Like

I wish you were also but hey you not and Iā€™m gone have to figure this out with your advice over the forum. It will get figured out trust and believe

1 Like

Yes sir we will eventually @Onlythebest79 lol

I get home today and without adding the AC unit I told you about. I rearranged my fans and the temp probe this morning before work and my temps inside my tent are 82.3 right above the babies. so I think my problem is solved with the heat as 82.3 is fine with me and them.

Also went ahead and mixed up my babies food for tomorrowā€™s feeding at start of week 7.

3tbsp big bloom, 2tbsp of grow big, 2tbsp tiger bloom mixed in 1gallon PHed water and split into 1/3rd gallons and will be given to them tomorrow for dinner along with 2/3rds gallon of PHed water for each plant.

Next question when should I do a flush with the sledgehammer? Iā€™m really debating whether I should because Iā€™m only giving them 1/3rd of a feeding solution once a week and I have them their first taste of food last Friday.

2 Likes

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Rugar89 @Hogmaster @Zombo @TokersHaven @peachfuzz

Got this in the mail today meihzi 600w veg flower light

Now I have to figure out if Iā€™m gone use my 2x2x6 tent for veg or my 32x32x63 tent for veg.

Or order another tent 4x2x6 for flower and use my 4x2x5 tent for vegging and use either of the to smaller tents for harvesting and possibly a vegging/mother plant tent.

6 Likes

If I can make a recommendation whenever you start using it flip both switches on you will be able to tell a huge difference in your growth and your yield

2 Likes

@Onlythebest79, nice light, let us know how that works for itā€¦ A lot of guys have said great things about the Meizhisā€¦ I just bought 2 mars hydro 300 watts and a new tentā€¦ Early Fathers Day gift ā€¦ Thatā€™s where the new mars hydros are in the veg tentā€¦ Good luck

2 Likes