Starting out and need a little help along the way

How do I tag you on here not sure of what to do

All you have to do is@ and someones name on the post you would like to tag them in. So like. @TokersHaven lol i just tagd myself

@Rugar89
Lets see if that works. LOL[quote=ā€œTokersHaven, post:302, topic:9506ā€]
lol i just tagd myself
[/quote]

2 Likes

The only way to get temps down will be by supplying cooler air with a intake fan guys
I run mine constantly once I have a good canopy (intake fan ) and my air around pots stay generally about the same as my room temp
I have it easier being in a cool basement to start
If you guys have AC available you could tap into that and run a small duct to tents to help cool them off
And you should read temps under canopy not above heat rises so youā€™ll have a 10 degree temp difference between floor of tent and ceiling of tent at least I do Iā€™m running three lights in each tent

2 Likes

@bob31
I dropped 4deg. on the floor 40" under the light by adding the clip-on fans. Very top of tent runs 1deg cooler. Clip-ons are pointed just under the light.

The 4 fans are not getting it done so now the next step is what @Countryboyjvd1971 said add another intake fan to blow cool air into tent to keep temps down

Mines dropped for now, but it is a lot cooler today so far. Time will tell.

Just called home and temp inside tentnis 88 not bad but higher than I would like it to be. But my thinking is why canā€™t this plant survive this temp as plants outside get temps hotter than this and produces some damn good bud

@Nug-bug @TxGrowman @Rugar89 @peachfuzz @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @peachfuzz @Hogmaster @Zombo @North_East_Newbie

@Onlythebest79ā€¦ I kind of think the same wayā€¦ Everything Iā€™ve read seems to show an Optimum temp of 75-78ā€¦ I think the hotter or more arid, low RH situations cause the growth to slowā€¦ Most likely the plans will be ok but growth may slowā€¦ Thatā€™s just my opinion and should be bounced off the other gurus

2 Likes

Ok Iā€™m hearing you so there is an optimum range and thatā€™s 75-78degrees. Iā€™m going to add a 4" duct to one of my intake holes in the tent without a fan and let the cfm fan thatā€™s already running pull cool air in tent and suck warm air out at same time. Iā€™m gone try this setup and see if it works and update once I get conclusion

1 Like

Iā€™m running 76 on the floor, 77 at the very top of tent, and 80 under the humidity dome. RH in dome is 66%, and 40% in tent itself. BUT, its not hot here today. But the house AC isnā€™t on either.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great idea, think @Countryboyjvd1971 suggested thatā€¦ Will bring in cooler air, may lower RH possiblyā€¦ Good luck @Onlythebest79

1 Like

@Nug-bug @TxGrowman @Rugar89 @peachfuzz @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster @Zombo @North_East_Newbie @TokersHaven

I have tried with just the duct work and temps keeps rising. Now I have hooked up my other 4" cfm fan pushing air into the tent and temp is holding at 84 degrees before without this fan it was 89 and holding so it has dropped 5degrees.

So @Countryboyjvd1971 your idea worked and I didnā€™t even have to add ice to it as you stated. I have a fan speed controller thatā€™s controlling this intake fan speed and hopefully I can control the temp with it somewhat.

3 Likes

I have a gallon jug of frozen water sitting in front of my intake fan. It did drop the floor temp 1deg, but thatā€™s not much of a difference.

About a 1/4 in from there it feels like but there happy :blush:

1 Like

To whom can answer this please do

@Nug-bug @TxGrowman @Rugar89 @peachfuzz @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @peachfuzz @Hogmaster @Zombo @North_East_Newbie

I just purchased the flush solution sledgehammer. Being I divided it into three and gave to each plant. Do you think I a flush is needed after week 7 being I didnā€™t use full strength nutes?

I canā€™t answer about the sledgehammer. But I notice your fan is sitting on a bureau or something. Is it loud like that? I hung mine inside my tent with a bungee cord. @Onlythebest79

1 Like

Not loud at all but are very peaceful relaxing sounds. My wife loves them as they help her sleep. I have two fan controllers that cut the fan speed drastically and they are not running full blast.

1 Like

Refresh my memoryā€¦
What do your plants look like and why do you think you need to flush themā€¦ ?

:v: :sunglasses:

I guess going by foxfarm feeding schedule and it recommends flushing after week 4 7 10 and Iā€™ve read on here where guys say they wish they wouldā€™ve flushed and I could blogs where they say they use very little nutes and donā€™t flush. So just wondering if I really need to or I should?

Also hereā€™s what they look like

5 Likes