Starting out and need a little help along the way

Actually, I’m retired / fixed income type of guy and all of my lights total cost about $300

I have three of the no name 300 watt led’s that cost about $65 each and the COB

1 Like

@Nug-bug @TxGrowman @Rugar89 @peachfuzz @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @peachfuzz @Hogmaster @Zombo @North_East_Newbie

I woke up this morning to three babies stretching out and loving the new light. The nutrients seem to have made the babies grow a little and that green hue of theirs is awesome. Check me out

One of my babies is small and bushy and really not filling up the net like the other two. The branches are really stiff and it seems they got that way after I took off the LST ties. But this plant from day one has been my number 1 and now all I’m waiting on is the flip to determine if they are female or male. Also these pistols have grown since i put new light in and that’s a sign they are enjoying their new light friend. Not a clear pic but it will do. Where can I buy something to fit my phone to take. Enter pics. I have a iPhone 6

Also I noticed my temps went up with this light as the inside temp is 89 it that to hot for the girls and I just opened, tended to them, adjusted the fans inside to move the air and now it’s reading 81.5 and holding.

Should I add another fan as I have two in there now and itsback up to 82 degrees now

2 Likes

All Right ! Lookin good.

1 Like

@Onlythebest79… Looking nice! Happy plants there with new light… I would keep tent open like you said… I have been doing that, my tent will get to 85-87 when totally closed… So I keep tent open part way so air can flow and temps stay steady at 76-78… Another fan wouldn’t hurt IMHO

1 Like

That’s awesome! Thanks for the tip @Majiktoker. I actually have ILGM Lowryder beans on the way. They shipped about 8 days ago, so should be here any day now (my BG fem beans took 10 days to arrive). I am now thinking of doing a side by side grow… One on 14/10 and one on 18/6… If I can find the space, I may even do one on 20/4. It should be really interesting to see how they each grow under the different light cycles. Of course, it would be better if they were all clones from the same mother. Since they are autos though, growing each from seed will have to do. Should still be interesting though. :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking another fan as I really don’t won’t any light or smell to get out.

@Onlythebest79… I hear ya, sometimes I forget but where I live, I have no neighbors or prying eyes so I can leave tent open… Yeah just add fan see if that cools them down.

1 Like

Looking good!
Thanks is from the tag.
I’ll be following along now

@Onlythebest79 Nice light! With a 1200w LED though, you’ll want to keep it ~3 - 3.5 ft from the tops of the plants to avoid light burn. Just keep an eye on them. If the leaves start to look bleached (as shown below), or if the leaves start to taco, you’ll want to raise the lights.

Heat Stress

With heat stress, you could also add fans above the plant canopy the help dissipate the heat before it reaches the plant canopy.

Happy growing!! I think you’re going to be really happy you went with LEDs over the T5. :+1:

3 Likes

@Majiktoker and by any day now, I meant today!
:balloon::notes::tada:

4 Likes

Pictures of labeled bags are frowned upon could you please remove it @GrowManFitz

3 Likes

@Nug-bug @TxGrowman @Rugar89 @peachfuzz @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @peachfuzz @Hogmaster @Zombo @North_East_Newbie

This light gets it hot in the tent gone have to get a couple more 6" fans and if that doesn’t work gone have to put another 4" cfm fan to put cool outside air in the tent and hopefully that works but won’t know until after I try the two extra fans

Sorry, was not aware of that. Removed pic.

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971

I have two feeding schedules from foxfarm the one you sent and this updated one from my supply store

1 Like

@Onlythebest79 @Zombo
I’m having the same heat issues in my 3x3x6 tent. Running around 82-85deg 36"under the lit 420 True watt LED. If I leave the door partially open temp drops to around 78deg. Temp runs around 76-77deg in the very top of the tent. I just got two 6" clip on fans delivered today, so will see what that does. Need to go get another extension cord to hook them up. Will let you know if that makes any difference when I get them hooked up this evening.
@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31

1 Like

hahaha mine too same issue 5000 btu set at about 80 should solve that problem! @Rugar89 @Onlythebest79 @Zombo

1 Like

@Onlythebest79 @bob31

Im going to go get a couple 1 gallon jugs of water and put them in the freezer (I need some jugs to store water in anyway). Once frozen Im going to set them in front of my intake fan inside the tent and see if that helps any. Will let you know.

2 Likes

great idea and easy to do. Also @Rugar89 how long they last as well! I may have to go buy some and do the same, though i’m already down below 80!

@Rugar89 @bob31 you guys need to check out the diy ac buckets on YouTube… might just be what you guy’s are looking for and you probably have all the parts to make one… :wink:
Just run one 4 inch laundry duct to the bottom of your tent… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I will thanks @peachfuzz

1 Like