Starting my first grow . Advice?

@Ocean_grower

Good call on cooling the light. But I think you may have an opportunity to actually move air around the tent (not just through the light). I would think maybe have the passive vents open and run another exhaust out of the top of the tent to exhaust additional hot air out? You want to try and maintain a slight negative pressure in the tent. I’m using a 104 CFM intake and a 204 variable speed exhaust to try and exchange the air in the tent.

@Countryboyjvd1971 might be able to share his thoughts- but I think he’s away for the day.

Thanks for that @Ocean_grower so they’re a month old 3 weeks in those pots. . I’d say you my have an issue, though the ILGM Description for OG Kush lists them as a compact plant that averages 10 inches to 37 inches with a 55 day flowering period.

Or am I reading about two different plants? I see where you sprouted OG Kush on June 5. Are these the same ones?

@bob31 well I just moved them to these pots they were in solo cups but yeah they’re og

I also have 2 white widows but those just spouted 2 days ago

@Ray4x @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

Check out my new ac unit . Cost me a kidney

3 Likes

I can’t wait till you try the flower power nutes :wink:

1 Like

I learned how to make those things 15 years ago so kick a"" :wink:

1 Like

@Hogmaster I’m trying to get on your level . 15 years man you must have a heart of gold.

2 Likes

Hey there work I always try doing anything with stuff I have laying around

1 Like

@Hogmaster yeah it’s easier on the wallet too , would putting dry ice be too much ? I hear it gives off co2 as well .

1 Like

@Ocean_grower I had to donate both of mine for these

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Only thing like that I have done is last summer I dumped ice in a waste basket and pointed my fan at it .I was shocked how fast the temp dropped 10 degrees this pretty much has 80 my top temp

it sucks the heat right out of the tent and @Hogmaster what nutes are those the Ilgm product ? It is going to be a while before the ones I have run out I bought the big ff wet and dry trio , I have the full line of Nectar from the gods ,Cal mag , Mykos Azos , Mammoth P , Rhino Skin . etc.etc. you get the idea. Im nutrient rich right now . So I guess these nutes are the bomb huh? Dont know how much better they need to be for me , I had to go back and check when my pics were taken to make sure but they are only about 11 weeks from seed and I am wondering how to slow them down before they outgrow the tent. This is the fastest grow I have had the skunk is going to be a really sticky mess .

1 Like

For me, I usually top the plant, prune it, or LST them to kind of slow them down from growing too tall! Super cropping always helped me out too, it makes them recover first before growing more vertically, at least in my opinion.

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Hey @ktreez420 hope your holiday rocked brother . I had super cropped the 2 blue dream pretty much completely ( 9 places each plant ) the skunk just the main stalk and I haven’t even touched the green crack and it is the shortest by like 10 inches but is a much longer flowering plant . They have had a few shots of rhino skin and the bark is on everything now so super cropping the skunk again wont work . I guess I will just tie it over and see what happens . Thanks oh and P.S. the blue dream were my first time topping I have always femmed mine before these are just getting big for indoors

1 Like

@Oldstoner Yeah their the flower power nutrients that he has on the site and I understand that I had a entire cabinet full of nutrients I decided to use them on my garden I kept some of my Fox Farm And bought one of the starter packs and could not believe how much bigger they were if you ever get a free 40 bucks you should try the starter pack you can do three plants easily love your set up buddy

1 Like

You’re the man! I’m about to get some Rhino Skin too, I’d like stronger branches for my heavy buds lol! Look at you though dude, using multiple pruning techniques and LST techniques. Great job @Oldstoner, I can’t express it enough how impressed I’ve been with you!

3 Likes

What’s up mr @ktreez420 this is my second week of flower when my lights come on it in about three hours I have to let you guys see some pictures

1 Like

Chillen like always! About to dab then go meet up with my boy. I’m in my last 2 weeks of flower for the Iced Grapefruit, I’m so excited! And definitely post some pics @Hogmaster because I wanna see lol! How are you tho dude, how was your 4th and hows the family?!

2 Likes

Gee guy’s you’ll make me blush . I would truly love to be as good at this as you guy’s are @ktreez420 and @Hogmaster but my knowledge ends at spending a lot of time creeping on the people who are a successful grower and picking and choosing from what YOU say has worked best . If my plants start to look ill I dive for the diagnostic section of the grow bible and re read it . I am thinking I should change my badge name newbiegrowsit or something lol new growers make the mistake of asking me for advice because oldstoner sounds like I been at this forever. I have only been a stoner forever

3 Likes

Yeah but I’ve seen some of the stuff you’ve produced my friend you’re no rookie your doing an outstanding job

It was long and loud I got these things look like a tortilla chip in there about as loud as an M 80 but instead of paying two dollars or three dollars a piece for m 80s. These things were a buck apiece and they are bad here I’ll send you a picture of one lot of beer drinking and hanging out

2 Likes