Starting my first grow . Advice?

Dam you guys @Hogmaster and @Majiktoker
Now I’m going to need to place a order for nutrients
I can’t be the only guy here not trying them lol
Hog and majiktoker you guys both have some awesome stuff going and if you say it’s good stuff then it is
I’m going to place a order soon and get me some lol
I also use the mykos and it’s good stuff for sure

5 Likes

Yes sir I possibly use a bit to much Mykos and waste it but I mix it in the soil before I fill my pots and I am a firm believer in Azos I sprinkle it like powdered sugar . I have to admit that I am not as impressed with Mammoth P as many on here are . For nutes I have tried several and keep having to switch back to fox farms when deficiencies start showing up.

1 Like

@Oldstoner @Countryboyjvd1971 @Ray4x @Majiktoker

The girls have about four leaves , am I still in seedling stage? I haven’t been watering them only misting them . Can I start giving them real watering with ph or distilled water ?

1 Like

@Ocean_grower

I believe that is still considered seedling stage. True vegetative stage starts with about 4-5 alternating nodes.

As far as water goes. That is truly a matter of personal preference. I’m using pH water coming out of my fridge. I’m sure you would be fine with pH tap water although some people use distilled exclusively.

I believe there is a website where you can check the contents of you water from the city. I.e. Any additives or minerals.- might be helpful in making your decision.

4th set of leaf nodes your in vegitative stage now and yes you can start watering directly with PhD water

okay thanks you guys . My plants are really small though hopefully they’ll bulk up and grow broader leaves like @Ray4x girls

@Ocean_grower

Haha mine aren’t even big yet!

But once their roots get going the growth is going to go crazy!!

@Ray4x idk yours seem way bigger than mines but I just checked and mine are still in the seedling stage , my mistake but disaster has struck my ac unit broke so my tent is running hot again haha gotta fix this . How’s your tent temp doing ?

@Ocean_grower

I’ve been able to get the room pretty sealed up which has helped keep the cold air in the room with the AC running.

Tent hasn’t gotten over 93 the last 4 days. So that’s a huge win!

Now I just need to work on getting my RH up- it has only been around 35%.

@Ray4x

Oh yeah that’s what I have to do is seal my room haha thanks for that . But I just bought a cool mist humidiferer maybe that’ll help because my rh is the same .

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Ray4x @bob31 @Majiktoker

My plants are I’d say almost 2 weeks old , do you think I should change my fans cause temps are still low 80 but I want 75-77 but it’s hard here in the south haha I feel like these girls should be bigger

@Ocean_grower

How big is that tent? Going to be a tight squeeze with all those plants! Lol

What type of intake/ exhaust are you using? Can we get a picture of the tent setup?

It looks like you have some ducting coming down from top… trying to figure out what that is for.

@Ocean_grower remind me how big those pots are and how old they were when you put them into them and how old they are now?

And then we can talk about what is happening here!

It actually looks to me like those pots need way more soil in them. I fill mine to about 1-2 inches
from the top of the pot. If you’ve got good strong lights then you won’t need to bury the stems or anything. If your light is weak then maybe four inches from the top, max.

1 Like

@Ray4x @bob31

Tent is 4x4x8 . Those are 5 gallon pots ( I did so many cause I was afraid they’d die)

I put them in about almost 3 weeks but due to lights and heat they had a slow growth , been under the corrected light for about 1.5 weeks.

And I put less soil so I can add if the roots start stretching cause I have ducts that are only 8 ft so it can only go down so low . I can add more as I have extra soil

@Ray4x im getting cool air from the ac vent to cool the light and exhaust out the window

@Ray4x it’s 203 cfm exhausting with a 100 cfm cooling the light , 3 oscillating fans