Starting my first grow . Advice?

I have been using a yellow meter for almost a year with no issues. I know my tap water is a consistent 7.2 so If it doesn’t read that then I will know if something is wrong. I use the 7.0 calibration fluid frequently though! It’s a good thing!

1 Like

How does soft water affect plant? Should I use bottled water?

tap water that has been open to the air for 24 hours to help evaporate the chlorine additives and then pH to 6.5 for soil or 5.8 for soil less is all you need. I use filtered municipal tap water, no problem! @Rdcooper23

If you need more info tag me on to one of your topics and we can discuss it more in depth!

1 Like

1 Like

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

Curling tips ?

1 Like

@Ray4x how do you go about with pruining your plants . I kinda let mine grow wild taking off the lowest branches that didn’t stretch to the light

1 Like

Are they only doing that at the top? It looks like heat stress to me if it is only around the tops could be the lights are too close or just real high temps? @Ocean_grower

Hard for me to see with led lights on though. Any chance of a pic under natural or white light?

@bob31 thanks for that chart for configuration of air ventilation system! Now i just gotta figure out how to install exhaust inside tent so i can hang it!

I can tag you over to a pic of mine if that would help? @VelcroThumb

@bob31 yessir!!!

Actually I already have 10 tagged on that post so here is the link.

The motor is hung from a bungie cord to eliminate any vibration.

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster @Ray4x

Serious question . Can I still prune off the lower leaves and stems that arent recieving light even if I induced my girls into flowering . I’m in the last week of transition. Will it hurt them ? I know I should’ve done it in veg but I’m a noob.

1 Like

This is usually when I pull my clones so you can trim some of them but I wouldn’t go crazy

@Ocean_grower

Yeah you should be fine. Especially if you’re still in transition.

Why don’t you show us a picture of what you are looking to do @Ocean_grower

Yeah I will , it’s sleeping right now

Is This normal? it’s about week 6 in flowering

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Ray4x @Hogmaster

I would say yes and no we still have a few weeks left but It looks like you have a nutrient burn With also a phosphorus deficiency. And potassium But it is very close to the point where this will start happening it will start sucking all the energy out of the fan leaves I would pluck them and see if the rest stay healthy Because besides those few leaves it looks great just ph water for a few times you should be good. Hell you can even leave them if you want

1182bf5d5412d7db8a5279310fe3cd8b8107820f_1_375x500