Starting my first grow . Advice?

Today is just a bad day,

Any ideas ?

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Ray4x

yes a plant can drown how high is the nutrient level in your res? meaning water level 1" below netpot? closer than that can cause issues

So many things can result in plants drooping water temps room temps nitrogen deficiency drafts pests low ppm
Your lower leaves look almost white? this points to Mag def

as a possible cause in hydro most add Cal-mag additive as well test and calibrate your ph meter often and let ph drift some not constantly correcting it back to 5.8 5.5-6.2 is Ok and some strains actually like different ph levels I use ph as a method of control with my plants during veg I keep them between 5.8-6.2 during flower between 5.5-5.8 but I don’t keep them at 5.8 all the time. When we adjust ph we add acid or base to nutrients which adds to ppm and can effect what plant actually gets

2 Likes

Cal Mag if you aren’t using it get some

@Donaldj the net pot is sitting in the water . Thanks for the help I’m here stressing out wondering why hydro ain’t working out for . I’ll adjust and get cal mag asap .

1 Like

If you have questions regaurding plants in hydro we have several Reg members who excel in it as well as mods and volunteers @ktreez420 @kabongster Latewood and Dumme being just some one of us will usually have some ideas for you what could be happening but in the end you are the feet on the ground do your homework and ask why the answer works :wink:
The nutrient level is a very common mistake your roots are actually made up of several different parts and zones the root head/trunk likes air humid but not being submerged because it is dense mop like it can harbour bacteria and have low oxygen levels if kept too wet. The idea is to let net pot get splashes of fine mist from bubbling water the media will transport enough to keep root head happy and the roots which like water will work their way into it

1 Like

@Ocean_grower sorry for the late reply!! I agree with @Donaldj, you don’t want the actual net pot sitting in water. You want it above the water level and to be getting splashed. Don’t let your pH get out of range from 5.5 to 6.0 or you wild encounter problems quickly, like you just experienced. Keep an eye on pH and check it daily!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

Ph not staying close to stable is a warning in my books usually my ph stays close to what I set it after first 24-48hrs after res change this is the time it takes all nutrients and additives to interact after which I adjust and simply check every day or so since I use GH which has proven time and time again to me to stay stable unless my plant is stressing

1 Like

I agree, after the first 24-48 hours my pH is stable within 0.1+/-

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

@ktreez420 @Donaldj

I should’ve asked you guys instead of trying to do it on my own lol . My first dwc the roots grew out a lot and the stem is really big but I guess I been neglecting it causing all lower leaves to die . It’s still alive but i think there’s no point to bring it back . I’m gonna trash it . But of course it was my mistake . Thanks again guys I’ll ask if I run into more problems

2 Likes

Dude I wouldn’t trash her,she’s barely hurt! You can turn her for the better​:money_mouth_face::nerd_face:

Yes don’t trash I was going to do the same thing because well… they didn’t get what they needed to prosper these great folks talked me into saving them I won’t get alot but couple oz is worth not trashing plus now the time to experiment if your gonna trash them at least try to see what they respond to they just might suprise you

@Nug-bug @Sirsmokes

I’m trying to save this one . It looks worse now because I’ve been using wrong nutrients . I changed res water and corrected it yesterday but I had another dwc I didn’t post because that one died completely . Hopefully this ww comes back . If not I’m going to clone

1 Like

:+1: cool man, with Donald and ktrees help you will make it i promise. Those guys are rock stars

@Nug-bug @Countryboyjvd1971

Any idea how to calibrate those amazon ph thing ? Do I use the powder it comes with ? I think both my dwc died because of ph .

Yes you should use the powder and distilled water @Ocean_grower also hey some 7 cal fluid so you can check it once in a while the cheaper one need to be checked and recalibrated more often

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971

Alright thanks . I saw the ph thread gonna look into buying a good one

1 Like

@Ocean_grower I can say with out a doubt it was one of my best investments
When budget allows get the best one you can
I may have went a little higher than I really needed but I planned on only buying it once

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971

Which one doe you have again ? Is it apera? I’ve seen auto calibrating ones for about 20 bucks but not sure if those work well .

1 Like

Rip to my white widow everyone please say a prayer for my girl.

3 Likes

@ktreez420 @Donaldj

I figured out what killed my girls . Pythium . I trashed both plants but noticed that there was fungus/mild right at the roots but I couldn’t see it until I pulled the plant . In order to prevent this should I invest in quality air pump ( I have the ones from Walmart and it’s pretty cheap ) or air stones ?