Starting my first grow . Advice?

@bob31 @Ray4x @Sharkslayer

Yeah I was thinking about those . I saw some at Walmart for 5 bucks .

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna go by my local true value and see what they have. @Ocean_grower

1 Like

They have the 1 gallon sprayers at Home Depot for $10, I saw them there tonight when I was there. 2 gallon sprayers were $15!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

@ktreez420 I’m just thinking I have like 8 plants . A lot of pumping lol . Gotta check out the depot thanks for the info

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @Ray4x

Can I fimm this and do lst now ?

2 Likes

@Ocean_grower

Looks to me like it’s the 6th node! Should be good!

1 Like

@Ray4x haha I’m scared to to fimm I’ve never done it and I’m not sure what to use to cut it with.

1 Like

3 Likes

@Ocean_grower

Don’t be scared. If you miss and take too much it will just be a topping! And that works too haha. Watch a couple of YouTube videos on fimming first if that’s how you want to go. I think @bob31 likes to say it’s stand for “F*%# I missed”

I use something like this. You can get off of amazon or at Home Depot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00004SD76/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500347655&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=plant+clippers&dpPl=1&dpID=311tbl6Gx4L&ref=plSrch

1 Like

@Ray4x thanks man it’s on the way now . I’ll be doing my first feed next week . My tap water is like 7.5 and by reading your journal I see that you water with a high ph and the soil drops it down . You think I should follow suite ?

@Ocean_grower

Have you watered to runoff yet?

Also found these for cheaper if it’s not too late to cancel the other clippers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01EWH83FU/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?tag=greenrel-20

Uh kinda not really . I know I should water regularly but I have yet to purchase a proper watering cannister I just been pouring distilled water from the jug like a noob but there is water runoff that I could test

1 Like

@Ray4x good find ! Not to late

1 Like

@Ocean_grower

I think before you start nutes you’ll want a solid baseline of soil ph for each plant.

You should wait until they are dry next and water with the 7.5 so that you get about a 10% runoff to collect. Then test that runoff for ppm and ph. If your ph comes out at 6.8- you’ll know that next time you’ll want the ph with the nutes to also go in at 7.5. If it comes out lower on that first watering (say like 6.3) you’ll know to raise up your ph up to like 8.0.

I would also recommend numbering your plants in some form so you can keep track and start a hand written journal. You’ll want to know exactly when you fed them last, what nutes you gave them, and ph in and ph out.

Make sense??

1 Like

@Ray4x I had them number in solo cups that went out the window , guess Ima have to do it like you and name them haha but yeah I understand. Tell me tho what is Ppm for exactly ( I know parts per million ) but what is considered bad or good I have the meter but idk what I’m looking for .

@Ray4x @Majiktoker @Countryboyjvd1971

Is there something going on with this plant

@Ocean_grower

Yeah my wife is making name tags for them so I can keep track easier! Haha. But you’ll definelty want some way to tell them apart. It gets more difficult as they grow.

As far as ppm goes- to be honest if kinda still figuring that out on my own. I do know that it is a measure of buildup in the soil you’re testing. If there is a high ppm coming out of your first full watering- it would probably be a sign that they aren’t quite ready for nutes. It’s also a way to gauge how much nutrients are still in the soil. If you were to just keep watering with water only- the ppm would continue to dilute as the plant drinks up nutrients and the excess is drained out of the bottom.

You dig?

I’m not sure what’s going on with the plant but something does look amiss on the coloring of those leaves. Even more important that you check the ph of your soil. Too high or too low and you could be locking out some of the nutrients in your soil and causing a deficiency.