Starting my first grow . Advice?

That’s why I hang my hat in Tennessee! @Laurap @Ocean_grower

1 Like

@bob31 gotta love the classics

An instant classic,the first time I heard it! @Ocean_grower

1 Like

Love that song @Ocean_grower

@Ray4x for some reason I can smell a gasoline from one of the plants it’s crazy because it’s so young . If she taste the way she smells then I’m excited . To bad we don’t have smell o vision yet lol

@Ocean_grower

I actually sniffed mine today to see- and only one of them smells, but I have to get my nose like right up to the top lol

@Ray4x yeah same but man it’s so exciting I know that yours gonna be a beast . I thought I would never have a hobby .

@Ray4x @Countryboyjvd1971 @TokersHaven @bob31 missing a few

Here’s what the girls look like . Am I still i seedling stage? Just been misting so far. Girl in the middle smells like OG already .

1 Like

@Ocean_grower

Looks to me like you’re almost the Veg stage with most of them. You’re good to start giving them a full watering in my opinion.

PH the water and then measure runoff so you know where your soil is at.

2 Likes

I would say you can start watering the soil
Count how many nodes you have on each plant if 5 or more your in veg

Curious is there a reason to leave so much empty room in the pot. With the soil levels so low in the pots, you are going to have a lot of fun watering once they get wider… And once the water compacts the soil some, I don’t know, It just seems to me like more soil is needed, some only look half full (2.5 gallons of soil in a 5 gal pot). Are there plants in the 2 really empty looking ones in the back?

I am still in my first grow (about 1 week from starting 2nd grow), so really want to know if there is a benefit to having to less soil in the pots, seems counter productive to me…

@Ron330 yeah I messed up . I meant to put more soil in but I ran out so now I’m having to add more soil . Haven’t done so yet but I recommend you fill it all the way up . I’m adding more soil as it grows for some but the small ones I’m gonna have to lift up the roots and add soil

1 Like

@Ron330 and yeah 2 white widows they are seedlings but I’ll add soil in this weekend .

1 Like

understandable, at $15 -20 bucks a bag for soil, I fully understand not having enough… The grow I am currentl on, I left about an inch to the top, the water settled it to about 2 inches from the top of pot. I eventually folded down the sides as much as I could so I could water them easier… Good luck, I will be following along…

@Ron330 thanks brother . I’m just waiting for it to fully veg so I can start packing nutes.

1 Like

@Ray4x @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31

What do you guys water with ? One of those gallon garden pumps?

funny you should ask. My back still hurts from bending over trying to water my tent today! I’m getting one of those. I think @bobwags posted one recently @Ocean_grower you thinking about it?
This is the one I saw on Amazon that I liked

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E28UQU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

@Ocean_grower

I’m currently watering with just gallon jugs. But I’m going to get a hand pump sprayer like what @bob31 just posted.

mines already in my cart. @Ocean_grower put me over the edge! lol @Ray4x

1 Like

I have one of those. I use a combination of them depending on what I want to accomplish. I have a big sprayer, a smaller one, a spray bottle, and a regular garden pour can.

1 Like