Starting my first grow . Advice?

@bob31 @TokersHaven @Countryboyjvd1971

Exhaust fan will go up here with ducting to outside . It will also be attached to a carbon filter when I need one .

1 Like

@Majiktoker is this bad ? When it grew it was missing a leaf

2 Likes

Can I fim this ? @Ray4x

1 Like

@Ocean_grower

I only count 3 nodes (alternating pairs of 5 fingered leaves).

I would wait until 5 or 6… they aren’t autos are they?

@Ray4x oh yeah your right haha no they are og kush feminized . They seem to be growing fine with these conditions but I want optimal conditions

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or Na: og kush fem
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Ffof and happy frog
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? N/a

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS n/a

Indoor or Outdoor indoor

Light system, size? 600w hps

Temps; Day, Night 84

Humidity; Day, Night 45

Ventilation system; Yes, 2x 203 cfm exhaust and 100 cfm intake and air cooled hood

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: bedroom ac, cool mist humidifier

Co2; No

@Ocean_grower

Yeah I was just reading through your thread. I would agree with the others. This would be my recommendation. Maybe @Countryboyjvd1971 or @bob31 can give their 2 cents on my thoughts.

1. cool tube for light- I think you just need a small inline (200 cfm ish) to pull air from the room outside the tent and exhaust out the window like you have it.
    Ducting (starting outside the tent up top) → light → ducting → inline fan → ducting out the window

2. exhaust- I think you mentioned you ordered a 400 CFM fan with filter? If so here is what I would do:
    Filter (in tent) → ducting → inline fan → ducting out of the tent (you could create a ‘Y’ and blow both the light exhaust and the tent exhaust out the same hole in the window.

3. Intake- If you are running a 400 CFM exhaust fan with speed controller, I think you’ll want at least a 200 CFM inline fan for intake. Here’s what I would do there:
    Ducting (outside tent down low, right next to AC unit) → inline fan → small bit of ducting to position down low in the corner of the tent.

This set up basically creates 2 systems. The intake/ exhaust tent system- creating that negative pressure and pulling the coldest air possible into your tent. And the cool tube system for the lights.

Once you get that all setup then you can mess around with the fans to find out what works best. And a word of caution regarding the most humidifiers, I was using one and it caused my carbon filter to clog up.

@Ray4x yeah I see what your saying , I only have one system for the hood but none for the tent itself , But I only ordered a 203 cfm not a 400 but I think it’ll suffice , do you think I should get a 400 . Also I have yet to order the filter because only one plant smells ( and boy does it smell )

@Ocean_grower

You’re in a 3x3 right?

@Ray4x 4x4x8

@Ray4x correction 4x4x7

@Ocean_grower

In my 4x4 I was running a 204 exhaust and a 100 intake… it was working ok but I’ve been dealing with some gnarly temps (between 80-95 in the tent most days). So I just ordered a 400 CFM fan and will use my 200 as the intake instead. It will basically be allowing me to displace air in the tent twice as fast- and that means more cool air in and more hot air out.

That doesn’t mean you need to do the same- just my opinion on it. I don’t think your temps are too far out of line you should be ok with what you got.

@Ray4x you think I should return it ? It’s off amazon and the 400 cfm is like 20 bucks more . Also on your intake description, the 100 cfm duct fan is pulling cold air to cool light right ? is that not necessary ? Can I just use the 100 cfm to blow cold air from vent to bottom of the tent .

I have two holes on the left side one at top and one bottom . The right side is the same .

Sorry if I’m asking to much questions guys I don’t wanna be a burden and what not I’m just worried my girls aren’t where it’s suppose to be.

@Ray4x I just got what you said nvm disregard my stupidity .

1 Like

@Ocean_grower

Haha all good bro! We all just wanna get it right. I’m still figuring it out myself.

But yeah I don’t think you’ll need an intake for the light just one fan.

As far as strength goes that’s up to you. But remember that you can only blow out as much air as your bringing in. So if you get a 400 CFM exhaust and still only have the 100cfm intake- you’ll be limited. If you’re gonna upgrade one you’ll need to upgrade both. Make sense?

@Ray4x yeah , cb help me understood it haha but we’ll see tomorrow . The plants look healthy can’t wait to get it like yours . I appreciate the understanding . I was confused to blowing the cold air to the light lol I thought it was a good idea .

@Ocean_grower you should be good with the new exhaust fan from what I’m reading ? You should have a intake fan as well pushing cool air into tent from the bottom try to get intake located opposite side of Tent from exhaust so it creates good air flow
And the picture you posted of your plant with one missing leaf looks healthy to me bro

Why don’t you just put filter infront of hood and allow exhaust fan from hood to pull air from tent I see what your doing. Bringing fresh air to cool hood from out side of tent but if you left that ductboff good all the hot air in tent would also be removed? Just a thought might save a few $ on electric if you don’t need a second set up

1 Like