Starting in FFOF or FFHF? White Widow Autos?

@Hogmaster Sounds good to me too especially off just one plant each my friend, I’m hoping for some good stuff like an ounce of a plant at least. Hopefully I can yield something decent in a few months

3 Likes

I went to hydro shop and told guy was my 3rd grow and I wanted to use better soil and I start from seed direct he recommended the happy frog and said ocean forest was a hotter soil so for $10 a bag I went with the happy frog and have to say I will continue to use it from here on my grow went pretty good.

5 Likes

I started my super hash auto in ffof in her 3 gal forever home
No issues and I’m close to harvest now

5 Likes

Looks good my friend, definitely looks good.

@Countryboyjvd1971 hmm no burning or anything brother ? Gaaaah decisions decisions haha

1 Like

I didn’t have any issue starting off in the ffof @Manny_FTGUTube
I know many other say they have ?
I started my photos in it also ? Last grow ssh and gg
Also no issues I didn’t start feeding till flower with my auto grow
But did feed the photos ?
I’m going to try promix next grow tho and see how I like that it’s cheaper and more available locally for me ?

3 Likes

Nice, yeah I’ve just been reading and reading on bout all the autoflowers here n it’s pretty half and half on soils, some burned some didnt. No nutes till flowering huh you think that was just because the autoflowers is done vegging in a month or so? I’ve never tried pro mix and I keep forgetting to look for it here at our local nursery. I know you have a thread on topping or fimming autos but how do you feel it went when you did it? I gotta refind that topic.

2 Likes

I am currently growing 3 autoflowers. I fimmed all of them when they had 5 sets of leafs. 2 of them stayed bushy and the other skyrocketed up and is now like 3 feet tall. All 3 are budding. The one that skyrocketed is a northern lights. I’m guessing it is growing like it is because this particular plant has more sativa dominant, at least that is the way it seems to be growing.
Everything I have read is you have to do it early on although when I asked the question I got a response from one of the mods stating you should not top or fim autos because the stress will cause it to flower early. I did it anyway to experiment. So far so good.

4 Likes

Mine started flower around 15 days from sprout brother

2 Likes

I drop in water…germ in damp paper towel when got tap root I put them in starter plugs (rapid rooters) I just buy the generic ones soak them in ph’d water and squeeze out the excess put them under dome with light right up close to dome but not touching and when roots show I put them straight into ffof and use ffof for whole grow

2 Likes

@WillyJ I went fro towel to 3 gal soft pot with ffof for my auto my photos I use a solo cup etc

2 Likes

I haven’t tried autos yet but thinking about ordering some with next order…I also go into cups first build up a good root base before transplant…easy to control watering let those roots breathe!:grinning:

1 Like

Nice man do you have a thread that I can check those out I’m Interested in that, well actually I’m interested in any weed plants haha just because they all look so beautiful. How long have they been out.

@Countryboyjvd1971 whoa really only 2 weeks out and it started to flower?

@WillyJ yeah that’s how I used them when I did use em

1 Like

Non mix organic raised bedding soil. Fox farm nutes at week 4

6 Likes

Beautiful my friend, what strains is that

1 Like

WWA’s. Two going right now. Second one.

6 Likes

Nice! What size pots are they in? How tall are they? Lol I love these plants

1 Like

Here is a link to my grow journal. I haven’t updated it in a few weeks but I’ll make an updated entry at some point this week just need to snap a few updated pictures. They have only been outside for about 2 1/2 weeks. I started them indoors until they got big enough to go outside. Not sure what to expect with the weather we have been having and also being my first outdoor grow and first autos.

1 Like

5 gallon buckets. Bunch of holes drilled in. The one on the left is about 2 1/2 feet tall 2 feet wide. Topped only once.

Right is a foot tall 1 1/2 feet wide. Topped a few times.

5 Likes

Around 15 day tI be more accurate @Manny_FTGUTube
Blew me away lol I topped her around 12 days
Lol
First Auto they grow crazy fast bro
@Manny_FTGUTube edited above makes sense now yes I was flying blind yesterday with out my glasses lol

1 Like

Oooh forsure I’ll take a look at your journal and be waiting bud. I usually start them indoors as well, then move them outside after a week or after a few inches of height.

@bruinsfan33 I want mine to be bushy like the one on the right but tall like the left lol

@Countryboyjvd1971 haha was that a typo or am I just dumb and don’t understand that comment lol the only thing I got outta that was the fast auto

1 Like