Starting First Grow Ever

Id still wait another week if they still dont turn amber yes I would if it was me some strains do not amber if very much if any at all

1 Like

9-11 is the average time I think. I still see a lot of white pistils away from the main cola and some pistils on the main cola that could be browner. But the pistils just tell me to look at the trichomes on the bud and not on the leaves. The leaves will cloud up ahead of the bud, so sonā€™t even look at those. I know itā€™s hard to be patient, LOL! @Zombo

1 Like

Happy Saturday folksā€¦ Is it normal that my sugar leaves are all dried up and some you can pull right off the budsā€¦ Iā€™m waiting until week 11 which is next week to harvest, just ran water through her and thatā€™s gonna be the last she gets but sugar leaves are looking sad on some budsā€¦ Wondering if this is just part of the process @bob31 @Majiktoker @Countryboyjvd1971

4 Likes

Usually a sign your plants are finished or within a day or 2 of finishing

2 Likes

Yep, stick a fork in her! @Zombo

1 Like

Oh well, I ended up harvesting both plantsā€¦ The big main colas had some mold growing in the dense buds, so I ended up clipping, cleaned with baking soda, lemon juiceā€¦ Dipped and washed in lukewarm water with Juice and baking soda, then to hot water, then to ice waterā€¦ As luck goesā€¦ The big colas were the ones mostly affected by the moldā€¦ So I just bagged those and tied them up in double bags and got rid of themā€¦ Probably 1/2 to 1 ounce had to throw awayā€¦ Also noticed in many of the buds, seed pods? Not hard seeds but like the outline of seeds forming?.. This had been an educational first growā€¦ I guess the seed pods may be from stressā€¦ Any thoughts much appreciated @bob31 @Majiktoker

2 Likes

Its a lot of work and cost to end up friggin up my growā€¦ Kind of pissed off on how things went but will know better on next grow. These Indica plants were so bushy and leafy, had big fan leaves and I probably should have removed more leaves for air flow to those thick budsā€¦ A few things went sideways on me but I have some buds drying now so Iā€™ll have something for my effortā€¦ This is my learning curveā€¦ My WW plants are growing great so hope to be a better Gardner with them for sure !

1 Like

I saw no signs of mold or rot in the pics you posted and you really canā€™t blame yourself. I hate to say this but indoor growing through the winter is a lot easier! At least it is where I am. I had more issues with low humidity and almost no issues with high humidity during my January to June grow. Sorry to hear that @Zombo What you have left is gonna be great though!

1 Like

Thx Bob, hope they dry and cure ok now @bob31

Iā€™d burp them a little extra and keep them in a room with the AC running. Or at least burp them in a room with AC so you get a lower humidity if that is an issue in the house? @Zombo

Funny thing is the humidity hasnā€™t been really high? I think the big colas were bunched up next to each other with fan leaves etc and the air flow was restrictedā€¦ Have a fan going in guest bathroom right nowā€¦,fan gently blowing air in room @bob31ā€¦ Gonna keep an eye on them

1 Like

Yes a good idea! Iā€™m concerned here as well as it has been pretty humid! @Zombo Good air flow is important and fresh air too!

As luck woul have itā€¦ Since I harvested on Sat, it had done nothing but rain and the RH has spikedā€¦ It seems like 65-70 during th dayā€¦ Night it seems to be 55-60. May be on low 50ā€™s but not have them hanging in tent with pedestal fan running, window open and exhaust fan just trying to recirculate the airā€¦not sure what Iā€™m gonna have here in way of good smoke??guess I got to learn somehow @bob31

2 Likes

I think Iā€™m gonna be looking for a dehumidifier? I hate to buy more stuff, but I think it may be agood investment! Looks like $80 to $100 on amazon for one that will cover up to 2200 cubic feet

2 Likes

@Zombo After I found some mold on my first cola that I hung up (drying in tight space, no circulation is was caused it for me), when I harvested the other 3, I cut the buds off the big stem so the tightness of the cola wasnā€™t an issue anymore. Luckily I had already ordered a drying rack to put the loose buds in. Worked like a charm, no signs of mold on any of the later harvest. This will be the way I will harvest from now on, that first moldy mistake cost me 10+ gramsā€¦

4 Likes

Good tip @Ron330ā€¦ I probably lost 1/2 to an ounce, Iā€™m guesstimating but it really sucksā€¦ I have them hanging now but I went through the thicker buds and kind of opened them upā€¦ Checking twice a day nowā€¦ Iā€™m chalking it up to a learning curveā€¦ The Indica I was growing was so dense and full of big old fan leaves, I should have pruned and trimmed more but I didnā€™t know
Any betterā€¦ Good luck with your grow brother!

4 Likes

@bob31ā€¦ So Iā€™m in the process of putting the cannabis in jarsā€¦ I did final weigh only scale and my total is 64gā€¦I guess itā€™s something but I had to throw away almost an ounceā€¦ So now it will go into jars for curing phaseā€¦ Iā€™m gonna transplant my WW today into their 5 gal fabric pots with FFOFā€¦ They are doing wellā€¦ Itā€™s gonna be a better grow for me with the WWā€¦Happy Sunday @Countryboyjvd1971 @North_East_Newbie @Onlythebest79

3 Likes

Congrats on the harvest!
Over 2 ounces of prime bud that you grew yourself!
Great job!

3 Likes

Congrats and Iā€™m with @North_East_Newbie over two Oā€™s that you grew yourself. Iā€™m getting close two or three weeks away for me and Iā€™m getting really excited

2 Likes

Just transplanted the WW into 5 gal fabric pots, used @bob31 method of using an empty solo cup to use as a form for transplant(great trick)ā€¦then sprinkled tsp of Mykos and tsp of Azos in hole, moved sprout to ffof and the watered in with 1/3 of gallon water with tsp of SuperThriveā€¦ Plants are happy buggers now

2 Likes