Starting First Grow Ever

the dolomite lime is supposed to bring it up to 6.5 but there you go. that is why the slurry test makes sense! Good job @Zombo

2 Likes

It seems to me, IMHO, that these mixes that are predominantly sphagnum peat moss, the ph is 5.8-6ā€¦ @bob31ā€¦ Thx for test info, now I know where Iā€™m at

1 Like

Dang broskiišŸ˜–

That is correct but they add dolomite lime to the mix to bring the pH up to the same level as soil. As you can see it failed. @Zombo

So I will ph at 5.8-6? @bob31

1 Like

Yep youā€™re 100% correct I was trying to say that you canā€™t always go by the bag! Most definitely 5.8 all day long!

1 Like

Hello Bobā€¦ So I germinated my 3 WW beans in distilled water for 24 hrsā€¦ Them I just planted directly into soil that we did slurry test the other dayā€¦ My spritzer bottle has phā€™d water at 5.8 or soā€¦ I put them in solo cups and into 7 inch dome propagator unit I have with 3 45 watt cfl bulbs over themā€¦ I donā€™t have heating mat under themā€¦ Do you think I should e heat under themā€¦ Itā€™s fairly warm where they areā€¦ Gets to 80 in daytime, RH is 75-85ā€¦ When I woke up this morning, temps were like 73-74ā€¦ Was a little coolerā€¦ What do you think, my opinion is they are warm enough but these are seeds in soil which havenā€™t sprouted yet @bob31

1 Like

they need to maintain around 80 degrees I try to keep mine 80-83 until they sprout. if that is what you have then I think it will have to be ok. Might take a little longer is all @Zombo

1 Like

Thx your a diamond geezer Bob! @bob31ā€¦ lol , that was classic from @daz49ā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah that one caught me off guard a little! @Zombo LOL I was glad it was a good thing! hahahaha @daz49 is our brother from a different mother! hahahaha

2 Likes

Busted a gut on that one for sure @bob31

1 Like

I did too. Heā€™s a funny buzzard! The only time I ever heard geezer was usually with the word ā€œoldā€ in front of it! @Zombo

1 Like

Yeah, and itā€™s not complimentary! Lol @bob31

A geezer ainā€™t complimentary one way or the other, it just means : a fella a man and male ,hence not complimentary one way or the other, and diamond I would have thought was self explanatory, a jewel ,so @bob31 it was meant as a compliment,and for myself Iā€™m a 49 year old geezer, but whether or not Iā€™m a diamond is yet to be established, but of course I would hope to be seen as that

2 Likes

In the USA, saying geezer is being a wise guy, itā€™s not a complimentā€¦ Iā€™m
Not saying thatā€™s what you meant at all broā€¦ I just found it funny when I read, itā€™s all good @daz49ā€¦ Bob knows what you
Meant

3 Likes

Iā€™m gonna say your a gold nugget geezer! @daz49, and Bob is a diamond geezer @bob31

2 Likes

Im 52 and my soon to be 21 yr old son says Iā€™m on the back 9, heā€™s only foolingā€¦ I think! @daz49

2 Likes

No worries @Zombo my brother, I was just explaining it a bit more thoroughly, I like the way we say some things differently and laugh the same as you did, Iā€™ve had other work friends from around the world and working for hours and hours with each other, so we talk all the time and itā€™s the same that the way we say something could be an insult in their country, but is the total reverse in our country, and ā– ā– ā– ā–  versa

1 Like

Its all in good funā€¦nice to chat with different folks with different strokes @daz49

1 Like

Oh yeah itā€™s all good. Iā€™d say youā€™re at least triple diamond geezer @daz49 hahahahaha

My oldest turns 35 in September and he says Iā€™m gettinā€™ old! I asked him if that was gray hair on the side of his head he about killed himself tripping over stuff to get to a mirror. @Zombo

5 Likes