Starting First Grow Ever

Depending on the strain

Ok thanks for the info

@Onlythebest79 @Majiktokerā€¦ My strain says 9-11 weeksā€¦ So I flipped on may 8th but from what Iā€™ve read you donā€™t count the first 2 weeks as they are transition weeksā€¦ So I guess my math will be 9-11 weeks from may 23rdā€¦ So July 23 rd is 8 weeks, July 30 9, August 6 10 and August 16th 11ā€¦ So I need to have my jewlers loupe handy and check my trichomesā€¦

1 Like

@Zombo: your mileage may vary lol! Itā€™s just a guideline. Perhaps you put so much extra love into them that theyā€™re going to show off for you! Iā€™m with @Majiktoker: middle of August. Be patient.

1 Like

I can wait, itā€™s been over 20 years since I smoked I may harvest and start next grow and wait to smokeā€¦ Iā€™m enjoying the process so far, fun hobby ā€¦ Iā€™m hoping they get fatter lol @Myfriendis410ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve been enjoying it too.

@Zombo on what date did you see the pistils? Thats the first day of flower!

Not sure? @bob31ā€¦ They seem to have long hairs from flower sites but that may have been July 7-8ā€¦ Not sure because I just flipped on July 4th

1 Like

@Zombo youre making my head hurt. Which one of these is correct? :grinning:

One post says May the other says July

@bob31, no worries I will clear this upā€¦ I have 2 fem seeds that are northern lightsā€¦ They are in full flower mode, flipped may 8ā€¦ I also have 3 freebies seeds that I sprouted and they were flipped on July 4 thā€¦ I was trying to figure sex on themā€¦ Had to 86 one of the males this weekend but I think I got 2 girls out of 3!!

Ok brother you asked about the approx harvest for the ones that you switched in May. I looking to see when you saw pistils on those NLā€™s. Omce you see the pistils, that is the day to start counting! @Zombo

Yeah those plants that were flipped only 8th I know they started showing the pistils at around 2 week mark which was may 23ā€¦ I think they should be done july30, possibly August 6ā€¦ Or maybe August 13ā€¦ I think somewhere in that time frame should be good, have to keep checking trichomes @bob31ā€¦ Thx for checking bro

ok brother, but I just looked at the ILGM Site and it says the Average Flowering for NL is 60 days. Should be done end of July ish. @Zombo

I saw that, Iā€™ve also read 9-11 weeks from where I purchased too? @bob31ā€¦ Just gonna watch them closely

1 Like

ok gotcha. maybe the different breeders also get different flowering ranges? I Never considered that? @Zombo

Still lots of white pistils. When they get to browning up good itā€™s time to start checking trichomes!

1 Like

This grow went sideways on me because I had every intention to veg longer but when I flipped from 18/6 to 14/10 they went into flowerā€¦ So anxious to do next setup w/ ILGM product this time! @bob31ā€¦ Seems like Iā€™ll get some buds that look fair to midland though

1 Like

I think they will be good buds! Heck they will be better than no buds! hahaha! Iā€™m sure they will be fine. I scrolled back a little bit ago and looked at the pics and those buds are stacking up pretty nice! :drooling_face:

1 Like

It happens @Zombo but I would do like you said keep an eye on them those times are just a estimates anyway lol
Watch for the amber percentage your looking for in tricombes and go from there buddy

1 Like

hello, im chiming into this thread, I put my auto seeds straight in dirt a few days ago on saturday and Ive got LED lights, I put the lights on 24hr, raised the lights to 24 inches from the top of the pots, should I lower the lights?
8-4gallon pots under 5 lights which consist of 2-300W, 2-400W and 1-600W. 7 of my girls popped out so far, its been 72 hrs. Ive got cling wrap over each pot for the greenhouse effect. Thanks, sorry for busting into your thread.

@doodlebug Why don;t you start your own grow journal?

Grow Journals - I Love Growing Marijuana Forum +New Topic in the upper right corner!

1 Like