Starting First Grow Ever

The clarification is helping a lot,… does the “scrapped off” expose the main roots system ? @Zombo

It’s better to do a “top soil” amendement, just because it take a “buffer zone” to help to dissolvedthe amendement you put , it’s one of the key’s of 101 gardening…

1 Like

@Niala… I scrapped away the soil and kind of was on too of the root ball I believe… I then sprinkled the lime around and covered it back up with soil… Also noticed my root ball was really hard… Not sure if anything is being absorbed unless it’s liquid, I guess lime will dissolve after I watered…

1 Like

What ever slow release amendement you give, it’s always, for a faster release, have to be in a top soil application …

1 Like

@Niala… Thx Al… Ideally it would have been good to add the lime in soil prior to planting but plants are already planted so I can’t do
so…my next action is to water, water only at ph of 7.5 until I get my ph up… Appreciate the help guys thx @bob31… Have a good evening!

2 Likes

And root bound is due to of lack of space or too much watering, or not enoughbreathing , at this point, I, imo, suggest you to transplant and save as much as possible harvesting you can achieved, if your plant is in flowering stage…

@Niala, they are in fabric pots… Could the be root bound?.. Also what do I transplant to 7 gallon fabric pot? … Is the stress bad for flowering plant?

1 Like

First, not all fabric pot are equal in quality… But it’s always better then air tight ones…:wink:

Second, root bound is beginning at the first stage, seedling / sprouting. … And will pursue in bounding… When it’s bound, it’s bound for the rest of the life of the plant… No matter what solution you try…

Third, if you decide to transplant, try to get rid as much as possible, the dirt, the soil around the root zone, inside or at night and just slightly "massage"the roots , and please, test the runoff of the new soil before doing anything , and rince properly, with pH’ed
at 6.5 water until runoff is equal for what you’re put in :wink: @Zombo

Hoping that’s helping you…

~Al :v: :innocent:

1 Like

Yes that does help @Niala, thx for your help brother … Do I go back in 5 gall pot?

1 Like

You’re welcome and it will be my first choice, 7 gal not far … :wink: @Zombo

1 Like

And if you’re already in a more than 5 gal pot, let it be and let it establish new roots, it gone a longer to harvest, but you’ll recolt and save to the best your harvest. … @Zombo

1 Like

@Niala… Happy Sunday Al, hope our having a good day… I have 2 tents in the same room… I have one tent with flowering plants and the other tent with vegging plants… Both tents are on. 14/10 light schedule… Can I switch bit light schedules to 12/12? Would the flowering plants have any issues if they ent from 14/10 to 12/12… I’m trying to get my vegging plants to show their sex, they are mystery seeds an I don’t know what their sex is… Thx for any input… I’m thinking flowering plant may think light is getting less as in fall… May increase bud production??

1 Like

It will not hurt anything to go to a 12-12 light schedule :sunglasses: @Zombo

2 Likes

I’m with @Nug-bug

2 Likes

Thx brothers! @Nug-bug @Countryboyjvd1971, my mystery plants are getting to big… I need to make a move on those babies!

1 Like

@Nug-bug @Niala @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Majiktoker
Ok, so I decided to flush one of my northern lights due to such a low ph runoff all the time. I ran 9 gallons of my tap/ well water thru the plant and finally achieved 6.6 runoff…I ph’d the water at 7.5-8.25-9.25-10.25 then final ph was at 10.8… Ran the final gallons at 10.8… Them on my last gallon, I added like 2-3 tablespoons of my pulvetized dolomite lime into the water…it took my tap from 6.4-6.6 to 8.2 just by adding the lime… I them ph’d it to @10.8… The runoff was at 6.62-6.6 coming out and ppm’s in 775 range… Didn’t do the other plant but think she may need a flush as well… Seems like they may be root bound but decided to just flush instead of transplant at this stage of flower… She has maybe 4-6 weeks more, I think…
Any input, as always, is appreciated! Happy 4th of July fellow growers!

1 Like

Sorry @Niala, guess July 4th is not your holiday… Maybe July 15th? Not sure if Canada celebrates Bastille Day… Anyway, happy Tuesday then

They just celebrated there form of Independence Day as well @Zombo if I’m not mistake
What size pots are you using and are they soft pots if so they shouldn’t get root bound
Glad you got your ph in line bro
Happy forth bud

@Countryboyjvd1971, happy fourth too ,CB… The pots are fabric and are 5 gallon… They have their independence now too… lol didn’t have the nerve to transplant now…

1 Like

You should be fine with the five gal pots indoors bro don’t transplant them they aren’t root bound they air prune the root and prevent that from happening :+1:

2 Likes

Hey guys I’m outta like but I’m with @Countryboyjvd1971 on that one @Zombo

2 Likes