Starting First Grow Ever

Plants are in flower, by the way…

@Zombo I grew in ffof and I had normal pH 6.7 - 6.8 not low like yours.

The ffof bag includes right on it that their soil is pH adjusted to 6.8 but I don’t remember if the bag says how it is adjusted.

Does dolomite lime raise pH of soil @Majiktoker ? The reason I ask is that I see that on a lot of soil less mixes.

2 Likes

Yes it can raise your ph @bob31

2 Likes

@bob31 @Majiktoker… So do you think adding the lime is the next course of action?..

1 Like

I’m thinking it might be an option. I have never done it so not sure how that would be done, other than sprinkled on top of the soil? @Zombo @Majiktoker

2 Likes

@bob31, good morning thx for input bro… This is weird situation, I’m nervous cause my leaves are starting to discolor … Like plant can’t uptake nutrients and ph issue?

@Zombo I was just trolling around the net and found what I was looking for. Most recommend adding it to the soil at re-potting, but that’s not an option.

Have you got a little room in the top of that pot? I’m going to suggest a handful of soil or so, mix a couple or three tablespoons to each handful and add it to the top of the pot?

Or sprinkle of top of soil and work the lime into the soil? I know the top of my soil was pretty hard and working anything into it would have been near impossible.

So I like the first idea the best.

2 Likes

@bob31, I do have some room on top of pot… So just add the lime to soil and mix then add it it to pot!! Sounds like a plan… Thx, enjoy your day!

yep, thats about all you can do. I’m not sure of the exact mix,but A tablespoon or two of lime to a handful of soil or so should be about right. (Can you tell I was raised just down the road past the big oak tree take your first right until you cross the creek…)

@Zombo

2 Likes

@bob31… You were raised in a good neighborhood then! Lol…

1 Like

forgot to say the big oak tree after the third cornfield and past the Miller place. Then the big oak tree on the right, not the one on the left that belongs to the the smith’s and you know their daughter just married that guy from the other side of… lol I could go on and on! ahahaha

1 Like

@bob31 @Majiktoker… Is there a fast acting lime that can be added to water so I can water the lime in? Everything I read about dolomite lime is to add to soil but it may take weeks to affect the ph oft soil… It’s rock so I guess it won’t dissolve on water… I’ve been seeing this Epsoma product which is pelletized dolomite lime but not sure if that will dissolve in water

Not sure on that @Donaldj, @garrigan62 got any ideas here

1 Like

@Majiktoker, thx for input bro… Know it’s early for you!

1 Like

I would honestly say adding math a quick trick to turn it around if run off comes out at 5.8 and its coming in at 7 try to raise it to 7.6 in a result it should come out around 6.4 to 6.6 if,you get that result (if trying this method) that should be the trick,to get you back on track and not a problem @Zombo

1 Like

@Majiktoker… I did that yesterday… I put in 1 gallon at 7.1 then did next gal at 7.3… The runoff was actually a little lower with higher 7.3 in?? I can try say 8 or 8.5?

Do that and see what you get in the run off

1 Like

I have some WW and AK from here, you will love them. what I learned on this site is the only reason I am able to grow, great site great people. By my way of thinking there is nothing better than smoking your own weed. Enjoy

1 Like

@Majiktoker, ok cool, thx, one last thing… If I watered yesterday, give them another gallon today? I soaked them good yesterday

also the lime is not water soluble. @Zombo