Starting First Grow Ever

@bob31 is right, Low Stress Train the stems a little, spread them out if you can…and it’s better to move the branches a little bit day to day rather than trying all at once…the stems are getting more rigid in the flower stage

2 Likes

@bob31, @Countryboyjvd1971, @kabongster… I have my seeds that I bought from ILGM basically still in the bags get came in, in an envelope on a shelf in my grow room… Should I place them in fridge or is room temp ok? They are in an envelope and not exposed to direct light

@Zombo … A cool, dry, dark space… I keep mine in the basement (about 10 degrees cooler than 1st floor). Sealed in an air tight bag. A lot of people use the fridge, just make sure they’re sealed so no moisture can get in… Room temp won’t hurt them, but could shorten the shelf life I think, but not positive on that one…

2 Likes

mine are in my gun safe. Cool and dry! And protected by S&W! and Sig and a few others…

4 Likes

You’ll be fine as long as it cool and dry in the space you be fine but
For long term storage vacuum seal and place in fridge they will keep for years like that
Never put seeds in your freezer you’ll kill them off

1 Like

If they started to flower after you change light schedule they are probably photos which mean you can prune them if you want to
Once mine reach like 23 inches off floor I’ll start pruning and once streach is over I’ll do one last pruning to thin my plants out a bit from underneath
You’ll be surprised how much of the canopy opens when you get rid of the small popcorn buds and off shoots
But it’s your first grow if you not comfortable with pruning you can just let them go as well
I think your just seeing signs of maturity and not actually flowering but they at most likely ready to flower win the more natural pattern of the light schedule it just shows faster from what I’ve been reading @Zombo
Can you post a recent picture in Natural light sir :+1:

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971, thx brother , I will post pics as soon as I can

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971, @bob31, finally got around to pics CB, plants are doing well… Gonna post full tent pic later, which shows my freebie seeds that are going… Have no clue what they are or their sex, pics here are my 2 northern lights, who started to flower sooner than I expected a you guys know

7 Likes

They look nice and healthy, @Zombo, keep the good work :+1::ok_hand:

~Al :v: :innocent:

2 Likes

And now for something totally different(little Monty Python ), my tent with my 3 freebies in one gallon pots… May post pics later to ask of the sex can be ID’d by the expert growers here… Have a good day folks @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31

7 Likes

Hey thank you @Niala, appreciate that!

2 Likes

You’re welcome , you fully deserved it :wink::grinning:

1 Like

@Zombo your doing awesome work brother keep it up and @Niala is a great guy to tag if you get into any trouble super knowledgeable
Much love Al :cowboy_hat_face:
Keep updates coming brother
And it’s not such a bad thing she flowered early my friend it means you’ll be smoking sooner as well :+1:

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971, @Niala @bob31… So was talking with my wife about Father’s Day and she is gonna buy me another tent so I can have 2… Woohoo… I ordered a Yaheetech unit, 4’x2’x5’ which I will use for veg… Then I ordered 2 mars hydro 300 watt units which I will use both or maybe 1 for veg tent and the other for flower to tent to add with Viparspectra 900 watt… Any input, as always, is very welcome

4 Likes

Well Happy Father’s day! Your wife must be a special woman. :v::+1::grin::palm_tree:

I ordered a beer brewing kit from northern Brewer for my father’s day gift! @Zombo

3 Likes

@bob31, beer brewing kit is awesome pickup… I do like my beer

2 Likes

I like a cold beer or three now and again. I made my own years ago so im looking forward to getting back into it!

1 Like

@bob31, I had thought about brewing in the past… But now I’m in my grow hobby mode… Which is a lot of fun, learning a lot… It’s sneakily addictive hobby… Lol…

@Zombo think canna-beer :+1::grin::palm_tree::v:

2 Likes

@bob31… Holy crap, that’s great… I thought have a beer with a bowl on the side but CannaBeer that’s great… Is this something your gonna do? I need to follow that thread for sure … Lol

1 Like