Starting First Grow Ever

@Countryboyjvd1971… They sprouted April9, so not counting the first 4 weeks, I have 8!weeks total tomorrow but I’m on week3 feed schedule because I waited to feed and then I’m giving only about 1/3 dose… Also watering basically every 5-6 days?.. I fed today and won’t water again most likely until Thursday… I’m really be conservative water

1 Like

Watervwhen needed @Zombo if they don’t want it then so be it lol theyveill drink more as they get bigger :+1: Looking like your on track so I’ll say
Well Done Sir

1 Like

Looking good @Zombo!
Healthy and happy plants

1 Like

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Dr.DankThumb420… Hello folks, I have these freebie seeds growing in ffof… Transplanted last Friday to 1 gal fabric bags… HAd given them a light nute feeding with very little big bloom while they were in solo cups… Came home today and noticed one plant ha some orangutan tips on edges of leaves… The orange is on both leaves that are at very bottom right after first set of Cotelydons?.. Any thoughts appreciated, looked at charts an can’t seems to figure what it could be?

1 Like

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Dr.DankThumb420. Forgot pics lol white stuff is DEB

1 Like

nutrient burn @Zombo

1 Like

@bob31… Could it be from ffof soil or what I fed them before transplant? What should I do?

1 Like

Probably from both. I would hold off on Nutes until they’re a little bigger. Otherwise there really isn’t anything you can do. Mine had it from just the FFOF and thats why I switched to Happy Frog to see if it is better at the beginning that OF

1 Like

@bob31… Thx for info… I ha deliberated whether or not to give them nutes when they were in the solo cups but they are freebies so I thought I would do it for experience… I’ll just give them a good watering next time… Have a good night

1 Like

you too brother, no worries. They’re pretty resilient!

1 Like

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971… Ok I just ran some ph’d water threw them… The one plant with the burn on it had runoff of just over 2400 ppm… Ph was 6.2… This was the first time ever my ppm meter had the x10 showing, not sure if it was you Bob or Country that had asked me about that… I think the starter soil in the solo cups was holding the nutes and then I transplanted to ffof… Hopefully I washed some of the nutes away? The other plant had a ppm of 748? Same ph of runoff of 6.1 or so . The plant with the lower ppm is NOT showing any issues except was a little droopy

Wow 2400 is pretty hot

What size pot is that?

@bob31… A 1 gallon fabric pot

I think next time you water check the ppm and if it’s still high maybe run an extra half gallon thru and see what the ppm is then!

1 Like

@bob31, yes I agree… But I’m learning what not to do next time… Just kind of confused as to why one plant had such a high ppm and the other was at 748? Almost seems like soil was holding nutes or something… I have this sunshine soil mix I bought at local grow shop, they recommended it, maybe mix this with the ffof at first transplant?

1 Like

I tried to get happy frog but they don’t sell it… They do have a good price on ffof… Always 14.99 for 1.5 cu ft bag… That’s their everyday price

2 Likes

You have to be careful with anything that is a mix. Many of them don’t contain soil. Soil less mixes are 5.8 pH and soil is 6.5 pH so it can be confusing. Some are even pH adjusted to 6.5

I’m not sure either why the TDS readings would be so different. That’s why I think you should check it again next time you water to be sure that reading was accurate!

1 Like

If it’s the first time you check with the ffof that may answer why it’s high but 6.2 ph is a little low try watering with a little higher ph than you’ve been using @Zombo next watering to get run off a couple points higher at least 6.4 if it was me
I go back through post in a while a see what else if anything I can add brother
Some plants will be hungrier than other same strain and all buddy
I’ve had plants react very differently to exact same treatment you just need to adjust to her needs
Try only water on her for a little bit she has pleanty of nutes ins soil also if that ph is out of range it can lock out certain nutes and they stack up in soil brother

3 Likes

which is very important to understand. It is a bit of a learning process. There is so much to learn and sometimes hard to discern exactly the path to take. Like many things in life there are more than one way to get things done. Some are a little easier that others, but with associated risks and consequences. Really growing MJ is just like life! If you follow the right path, the rewards can be quite HIGH!

4 Likes