Spoiled the lot?, smells great no buzz tho

My tri’s where cloudy but the first couple of blunts where lacking any buzz, could it get stronger over time as I continue to burp it. Or should I not even waste anymore time on it. How long and frequently do you recommend burping, so far been popping it open 2-3 times a day. It’s been 2 weeks 4 days since they were cut and hung, they were hanging for 4-5 days before jarred up and been burping since then.

1 Like

The buds look under developed. Are you sure they were milky… all of them? What week did you harvest?

1 Like

Not a very good trim job which will taste kind of crapy… also it will take up to 2 months for a good cure and a nice high… if you pulled when they where 75% milky and 25% amber… :wink:
They also should have been in the dark for about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to help with thc build up while they where hanging and drying …
You said 4 or 5 days drying… not enough time to really dry… you will end up with mold if you don’t stay on top of things…
I live in the driest climate possible and my plants still hang for at least 2 to 4 weeks before they hit the jar… sometimes longer…
You need to investigate further before you mess up all your hard work… :wink:
Good luck my friend

:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Dang, so for my situation would it be best to just take them out the jar and let sit in dark for another week or just leave them in the jar with the lid open,

I jarred them cause they were crunchy to the touch I thought they were dry enough to Jar.

It’s really easy to harvest early if you are checking triches on single kola it may be simply the location under the light proximity to fans the best way to check is mid plant away from outer edges and on several kolas not just easiest to get to the lights being on in room can also throw you off too I usually check in real light not hps or LED
As for THC getting higher it doesn’t through aging it degrades

3 Likes

Not sure I agree… I know that the longer I sit on my meds the better they get… as far as stoney and taste…
@Donaldj , I have a feeling you tend to offload your meds before they reach there full potential … :wink:
I would have never thought that time would make my meds better… but it’s true… curing and drying are just as important as growing… I only speak from experience like you…
@Donaldj as good as you are at growing , maybe you should play around with your drying and curing techniques… I only say that with love and respect my man… :wink:
In the end , I’m just trying to get @Lowhack a better quality product as yourself… :wink:

3 Likes

I actually am working on drying methods but I do tend to hang 6-7 days jar for min a month before moving anything and flavour/burn improves with sure but the THC level is metabolic and is basically the same once cut. I could be wrong but as they amber on plant THC level drops so I will defer to your wisdom on this one :wink:

2 Likes

Lol my uncle just had same problem with his harvest I put it under Microscope can barely find milky trichs but smells awesome and buds are rock hard

2 Likes

One additional thing to add that I didn’t see mentioned. Leave yourself a bit more free space in the jar, looks pretty cramped. Might help everything equalize.

4 Likes

@Donaldj - I totally agree with checking the whole plant for amber trics. Tops are always earlier than the bottoms. Just gotta find that balance.

@peachfuzz - I built a drier out of 2 carboard boxes, a furnace micro filter and of course - duct tape. Then I attached a 6" in line fan and tall boy carbon filter. It’s about 450 cfm for 12 cf. lol. I have my nugs trimmed and ready to be in the jars within 3-4 days. Then back in the drier with lids on loosely. That’s at 20-40% RH. Totally smokable within a week. I’ve managed to speed up the process without sacrificing taste or potency. I experimented for quite some time… I got tired of waiting for weeks to smoke. lol.

@Lowhack - make sure you let your buds grow to fruition. Be patient. Trim off all the sugar leaves when you harvest. They taste terrible and will hardly give you a buzz at best… you can make butter with them if you’d like. Keep reading and asking questions. :beer::+1::smiley:

2 Likes

As a side note… I would encourage all of you to try dry trimming versus wet trimming and see the difference…
I cut , hang and leave them in the dark for 4 weeks while there drying and then I trim once there dry… by this time they smell so danm good and are so sticky and almost ready to smoke… dry trimming is a little bit of a pain in the butt… trust me though it’s worth it… wet trimming leaves a green taste to it that never goes away… :wink:

4 Likes

@peachfuzz. Agreed. I never cut while wet. I can almost crunch them off after 3 days. The drier works amazingly fast. :+1::beer::smiley: I have found if you cut wet it gives them a “green” taste. After they go in the jars the humidity rises on them and the last of the moisture is sucked from the stem and into the bud. I open and shut the lids a couple times over the week and voila! Hyper cured.

4 Likes

@peachfuzz I’m curious about your trim method.
Do you trim leafs off your plants during Veg or flowering? If so how many do you trim off?

The reason I ask is I don’t trim that many leafs off my plants, just around the bottom and when they yellow during flowering. So my plants have a lot of leafs on them. I imagine the time it takes for them to dry in the dark would depend on how much foliage there is when harvested.

1 Like

No I don’t trim anything off of my plants while there growing and I leave all the leaves on while there hanging and drying in my bath room … humidity stays in between 15 and 35 %… plants take anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks to dry ( stem snaps ) when you bend it , depending on strain … then they go into jars…
I believe that leaving all the leaves on my plants gives the plants something to consume in there final death through… depending on how much foliage is still on the plant usually determines how long the drying process lasts…
Even though dry trimming is a lil more pain in the butt , I would never go back to wet trimming…
Next time you harvest try it with one of your branches and see if you can tell the difference in quality … you will be amazed that it’s the same plant… :wink:

4 Likes

Sounds good.
I was curious cause I’ve only ever trimmed up the leafs and then dried them. I’m always down to try something new and I’m always looking for the best tasting and smelling crop.

I usually trim the leafs and then hang until the stems snap and then trim the buds of the stems and jar them up for curing.

Below is one of my plants and the thing is LOADED with leafs.

As long as you can keep the humidity in check during the drying process… you should be good to go… :wink:

I try and keep my humidity around %15 - %30 when drying, really in last few weeks of flower as well. Due to the extended Veg period and spring arriving I’m sure my humidity will rise a bit. Was hoping to be a few weeks away from finishing but due to the extended Veg I’m 4 or 5 weeks behind but I have a dehumidifier I can put on if it gets too high.

Thanks for the tips I’m most definitely interested in giving it a shot.

1 Like

@peachfuzz another quick question about your drying technique.
When you cut and hang do you cut the branches from the main stalk and hang or do you hang the entire plant?

If I could hang the entire plant , I would… but I run scrogg tables and do to plant size it’s almost impossible for me to take the hole plant and hang it… so I try to cut it into as less of branches as possible… :wink:
If you do decide to hang the hole plant depending on how thick it might be you might need to wedge a couple of hangers or something inside of the plant so that you don’t end up with mold issues or just make sure to go in there every day and move branches around to allow things to dry evenly… :wink:

Not sure how recent that picture is… but I would say 6 weeks at least if not longer before your done flowering… they look good my friend… :wink: