Speaking of Gold Leaf

There is a handful of mods each of us have our own opinions and personalities some will let banter go for awhile to see how it evolves hoping it stays in good taste others won’t. It is always best to assume at least one of us will see what’s happening in every thread :wink: for transparency sake we rarely close threads and don’t worry about people having a bad experience with a strain since it usually comes back to a new grower mistake and we are in this to help people learn. That means even bad grows are a gold mine of lessons for people :wink: keeping things constructive and within policy keeping trolls and spammers out is our role the rest is helping people find success :slight_smile:

9 Likes

no doubt @Donaldj

that’s how i learned is though my mistakes and the mistakes of others willing to share their experince…
thank you too donald for keeping order out here!

5 Likes

You’re doing a great job! @Donaldj sometimes the outside world intrudes on this and we get someone who is blameless. Those are tough.

4 Likes

We learn as much from members as they do from us so don’t ever think we don’t respect or appreciate the threads people make and feedback members give. I like watching troops muster to ILGM defence and our members defence it makes me proud to see the love people have for this forum but I am also around to help enforce rules and policies which on occasion makes me a dick lmao

8 Likes

lol, nah your not a dick. just taking care of business brother!
thank all of our ilgm volunteers here as well as staff members…

6 Likes

I couldn’t resist

7 Likes

Honey, your a sweetheart! You’ve always been kind & helpful with even my most stupid questions!

6 Likes

I owe you all an apology, I’m sorry about my language, and to anyone I offended. Bob, I meant that in the best of ways, you know a term of endearment.

here’s a pic of my GL. not GL.

5 Likes

Fair enough. Apology accepted. @Northernlite

3 Likes

Actually the top picture is a healthy lady with several weeks left 3-4 be my guess and the bottom appears to be in it’s last weeks of flower your plants still have far more bulking up to do yet :wink: keep at it

You’ve got some beautiful girls! You’ll always be welcome here.

1 Like

@Northernlite
I’m still a little confused
First off you girls are absolutely gorgeous
Why did you trash talk them if your growing such pretty plants ?
And I’ll apologize If i was harsh with you as well sir

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971
I don’t know, I’m just a little disappointed I
guess. Maybe being from California my expectations are high. I wasn’t only
disappointed with the G.L., but the other 3 strains I got as well (W.W.,
S.S., & S.S.H.).Out of 65 seeds, I didn’t get 1 that was “Worth
Writing Home About”! For the most part it’s turning out O.K. MOST
everything is of reasonable quality, but in all my years, I’ve never
purchased seeds, unless of course there was a bag of weed around’em. I just
figured out of 65 that there would be at least a few of EXCEPTIONAL
quality, especially considering the supposed lineage! Why is G.L. lineage a
secret??? While I don’t live in Amsterdam & work in the marijuana
industry, & no I don’t have my own certified strain, I have certainly come
across & bred more unique & interesting varieties than that, at least from
what I’ve seen. but aside from the leafyness, I don’t have anything else
bad to say about the strain, in fact I will say this, moths don’t seem to
be attracted by it. Now that’s a desirable trait! I can get O.K. seeds
anywhere, I don’t need to order them from Amsterdam!

bag seed grow '13

1 Like

Interesting thoughts @Northernlite, you seem to have a vast knowledge of the plant and how to grow it.

I am SORT of in the same boat as you in that I am completely underwhelmed by Gold Leaf. I can’t even get mine past the sprout stage -they whither up and die on me. I have 3 seeds left (after wasting 2) and I am just not sure I want to even try again.

…Then I see pictures of those who have grown it successfully and keep thinking, it must be something I have done - but what? I have no idea. I have 7 plants in flower right now who are thriving and doing well. Gold leaf should be among them, but as I said, they died in seedling stage…

I don’t know, I am no help for you, just wanted to say I share your frustration with this particular strain…

1 Like

Your handle is Northernlite, so I assume your average bag weed is something grown indoors in California, the origin of Northern Lights. So you might just be a little spoiled, when it comes to high-potency weed? :smiley:

Once you get up around 20-30% THC, how much better can it get? I suppose you can make hash or oil and start fortifying your buds.

How many hits of Gold Leaf are people smoking? Never had the stuff myself.

Wrong That’s a BC Canada strain :wink:

1 Like

I have 2 Gold Leaf going now and one has much smaller, tidier leaves than what @Northernlite is describing, found on two others. Obviously phenotype plays a role and I’ll be watching both closely.

I will say that the GL is not as vigorous in my current grow as Jack Herer.

1 Like

Bro you grow looks wonderful @Northernlite just wanted you to know that
And I believe you’ll be happy once you smoke it I haven’t had it myself yet but from all the people I spoke to that have smoked it they have been very happy bro I have 4 going indoors and very happy with what I’m seeing
All good bro
Happy growing :v: CB :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 I finally got back into my curing GL yesterday to see how it’s shaping up compared to the SD. Initially I was not impressed but the cure has dramatically improved the taste and potency. It’s not as good as the SD but I attribute that to having to harvest in week 6 of flower.

But it is very strong and smooth with a delicate flavor now. Worth growing again for sure!

2 Likes

I have only grown indoors with limited access to space but as a person who had grown 1 other time this is what my gold leaf ended up looking like .
As far as the smoke , I had not smoked in a while but a bit back I smoked in several different area’s around the world and while it is not the best bud I have had it definitely holds it’s own . I get more of a body high from the GL compared to most strains . So for my back and leg spasms it works much better than the others I have grown so far . I just harvested a trainwreck I got from another site and have really high hopes for it also.

7 Likes