Some advice needed please

I love the idea of being able to raise or lower parts of the net independently, but maintain one piece, to reduce mounting and safety headaches. And the areas to the side of my light are cooler than the center, and raising the beaches on the sides will increase their light exposure, without getting the center to close and causing heat issues. Thanks for posting the pic of your net, you’ve inspired me! Nice looking net BTW, but put those hinges in

1 Like

You could just cut the joints, and use four gate hinges mounted on top of frame, to reattach the frame pieces. You’ll then be able to raise, or level the sides. And this would eliminate having to add to the frame you have. If you wanted to lower the sides, you could put cut a 10-15° wedge from the frame ends where they hinge. But I don’t see much need for having the side angle down anyway

I like the easy way lol but I’m really like you I don’t see much point in having them flat other than maybe better training. I’m kinda having heat issues, and just seemed to be the right way to go for me like you said it’s cooler and don’t have to keep the light so close to the middle. Right now I’m having to turn my light down to 50% when I turn my dehumidifier on. I used staples to nail the sides on wished I would have thought about it a little more and just drilled the hole and put the bolt and nuts through like you said that way you could tighten and change the angle as needed with new growth. I will just leave it as is for now but when I take it out I will change it and make the sides adjustable…thanks for the ideal!!!

Week five into flower for the smaller scrog buds starting to take on some bulk , looking nice and crystally and smelling fantastic!!! As for the bigger one had some leaf miners come in and do some damage but I believe I have them under control at least I hope so.

2 Likes

Looks good!

Things are getting very sticky!!!

3 Likes

They’re starting a bud-of-the-month contest here and I definitely think you’ve got a contender !

1 Like

Beautiful buds

That’s awesome @Paranorman I looked into the bud of the month contest and I wouldn’t qualify cause I got these seeds from breeding and trying to start my own genetic line. I believe the rules say that your seeds have to come from the ilgm site. My seeds came from exotic genetics starfighter father and pink predator mother. By far the best genes I have came across from the US. Glad you like the buds and the way their coming along. Looking much better than my first grow. I owe everything to the guys on this forum and the information on this site. BTW I think they should start a bud of the month for the ones of us like me that just grow bag seed or non ilgm seeds

2 Likes

When I went to check the moisture in my soil to see if I needed to water today I noticed that some of the limbs that I cut while lollipoping are growing back just wondering if I should trim these off or just leave them I don’t want to stress the plants or slow them down any

I keep all that cut back. It will never make anything. And takes nutes from the top.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking but I have heard both sides, believe I will go ahead and trim them off

I’ve never noticed any stress from popping these off like when you trim leaves. Think if you get while small it doesn’t hurt. I just throw all of it in the hash bag

1 Like

So I decided to go ahead and turn the light to 12/12 on my 40"x60" as things are filling quicker than I have expected. They have actually grown into the scrog very nicely and I’m thinking about moving the outside plants a little father back and maybe try to raise them off the ground some to fill in the upper section

3 Likes

Almost 3 weeks into flower and already showing sex had one male auto which is good now I can pollinate my female sour fireweed and not lose that strain. But I have one more I’m not sure about if ya’ll don’t mind taking a look maybe you can make up my mind. Going to hash bag it if it’s male or hermie…

@Allen13420 .Bad news its a boy … Hammer

1 Like

Nah I don’t consider it bad news I only had 3 males out 14… that’s very good odds for regular seed. And with this guy I should have enough greenery to make a batch of bubble hash. It’s all good!

Allen , Not bad at all on the ratio at all …By the way very nice scog … you should take you scrog to the journal . there is a person on the forum ,goes by hillcrest that has one of the nicest ive seen… Both of yall’s look major good …Hammer

1 Like

Thanks man! I really appreciate that coming from what I have seen you do on here. And I have seen @hillcrest21678 scrog it is very nice and one of my inspirations to Start the scrog. I had to remove 2 males out of the 40x60 and rearrange a few of them around to get things spread out better and with the stretch they have filled back up the holes pretty good. Here are some of the most recent pics. Plants are 3 months old from germ and 2 weeks into 12/12

this is just my second grow and one of my first threads didn’t really know how to do the journal then and I just keep updating this one. But my next grow I will start a journal.

2 Likes

@Allen13420 .Yeah if i had the room design i needed i would probably run a scrog or two to see how it go’s . And yes IT Was Hillcrest journal that spun some gears in that direction for me as well … And the only thing id do Diiff in your room …IS GO BIGGER , LMAO Is it Ever big Enough ?? lol Hammer