Some advice from fellow members

Hi guys just after some advice on to how many pots would comfortably fit in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 m. I’m am thinking of using fabric pots also and what size would be ok to use and are fabric pots good to use
Cheers

3 Likes

Can you give me the size of your tent in feet not mil. please

Will

3 Likes

It’s roughly 4.0 ft x 4ft x 6.5 ft or 1.2 mtrs x 1.2 mtrs x 2.0 mtrs
Cheers

1 Like

You can do 4 plant comfortably in 5-7-10 gallon smart pots it will fill the whole tent regardless of your pot size minimum 5 gallon unless doing autos and 3 Gallon are good and you can do 6 as long as you have the right light to run them all

5 Likes

Depends on growing method really.

You could probably fill a 4x4 with 1 plant scrog and super long veg time. Or a 64 plant sog with very little veg time. Obviously anything in between as well.

The number of plants you have won’t dictate your yeild from the grow. How well you fill the area, amount of light, and proper care for your plants will. Keep in mind that each aspect of a grow has its limits. To much light and you’ll have problems with temps and need to add co2, not enough light and you’ll produce small airy buds.

@Hogmaster has great recommendation for new grower with 4 plants. With good light coverage and a med - long veg time, you should have a manageable grow. I guess my point is that you shouldn’t expect 4 plants to necessarily yeild more than 2 plants, or less than 8 plants.

5 Likes

Hey @sweetas i had 8 in a 1mx1m and ran out of room in 6 weeks how many litre fabric pots are you going to use?

1 Like

Hey @Saffa not sure mate that is one of the questions I was asking what would you recommend
Cheers @sweetas

@sweetas if the cost of seed/clone is not an issue then id go with 15 to 20l plastic pots with trays underneath and see wich pots you can source localy some are tall and some are short but bigger in diameter find out the diameter then see how many you can fit in there the more plants in there = less veg time to fill the area so a faster veg time will reduce the chances of getting root bound and it will save you having to repot id also top the main cola then a week later top all the other lateral branches then give them some time to stretch out before putting a scrog over them this will give you a nice even cannopy. A big pump up spray bottle usualy used for weed spraying about 9l or bigger if possible it will come with a wand/hose and trigger and a measuring line down the side awsome for mixing nutes in. Just remove the mist nozzle off the end and ur away hope this helps

Thanks heaps @Saffa how many times would you recommend to pot somany people have different opinions. I was think once from the germination stage as I will most likely be using jiffy pellets for germination will that be ok
Cheers @sweetas

Theres a thousand ways to skin a cat as the saying goes not that id skin a cat lol i put mine in glass of rain water with a drop of clonex mixed thoroughly then into the hotwater cupboard a couple of days later i could see the tap roots then into a small pot of seedling mix or you could put them straight into the big pots but id dig a small hole in the middle of the pot and fill with seedling mix about 2 cupfuls just so its not so harsh on the young roots @sweetas

1 Like

Thanks for your help @Saffa
Cheers

1 Like

Algood anytime im a begginer too but thanx to this forum and youtube ive got a rough idea :smiley:

You’ll figure out what works best for you as you go. There will probably be some rough times, but stick with it. The reason you see so many different opinions is because every grow room is a little different, and everyone’s goal is a little different. As @Saffa said, there are lots of successful ways to grow.

If you have your equipment settled, try to maximize what you have to meet your goal. If you’re weak on light, I would suggest running more plants with shorter veg time. Growing a huge bush isn’t going to benefit you much if you can’t get light beyond the surface of your plant, so going for several single cola plants may be a better option for you. It will also significantly shorten the time frame to harvest.

Likewise, if you’re concerned about cost of seeds/clones, then just a couple plants with a longer veg time and some training will suit you better. This will take longer to harvest, but you can produce just as much with a smaller investment.

All things considered, take what you have and try to make work best for you.

1 Like

Well said @dbrn32

1 Like

This is a 4x4x7.5 ft with 5 in it, 4 would be more comfortable 5 will do tho

2 Likes

7 gallon fabric pots btw

Cheers for that @dbrn32. I have a 600W HPS / MH lamp for the grow

1 Like

You should be plenty good for any style of grow you’d like with a 600.

You can do one 20 gallon the reason I said what I did if you have never grown you have 4 great chances for success sure 2 will work heck even 8 just depends on how you get them to grow

2 Likes

My last grow I did 5 plants in 5 gallon buckets in a 4’x4’ tent and it was pretty cramped towards the end.

Honestly it would depend on your growing technique. You could go with 2 plants using the sea of green method and have your tent filled out completely.
Also you could do 8 plants and not Veg as long and have 8 smaller plants.
As for pot sizes photo periodnplants would want a minimum of a 5 gallon pot. Autoflower plants are best to go with a 3 gallon pot indoors.

1 Like