Soldiers all in line: my Crystal Experience

They are gonna be monsters i believe! Topped them all last night. This is my second grow & already all the difference in the world with strains. Last ones were no where this big and two already have leaves outside the width of 5 gallon pot. Did four, hope ive got enough room.

4 Likes

I was looking to see if I had any pics of my Crystal grow, I have a couple but were back in July and June time frame so I would say mid grow. As I said she was temper-metal for me, I was worried constantly over her health. Leaves some of which yellowing at ends, blotches, underneath dropping leaves at times. I kept checked my nutes, watering, etc… but it was strange as other areas of plant were fine. No big time bug issues.
She reached around 9.5ft, medium buds, many smaller ones. she dropped all non essential leaves at end, but when her xtals turned right amber color and it was time I picked. Examined stalk and roots, no real corruption there to be seen. So I intend to try scrog with her.
The smoke was unbelievable, I still smoke it (I travel for living). It is an absolute couch lock zz. I got over 1/2 LB off it all bud. And it kicks, as I said very strong not for the meek. I have nerve damage from auto issues in right arm and shoulder, so does the trick for me to kill pain and allow me to sleep. So if you want to sit and converse with people after smoking some, not your choice, want a good kick back and space out on bedtime movie type, plant of choice.
I will try and dig up my early pics and send to you. I am sure it was my climate, I am in desert and very high heat. She does not seem to care for that, but we will see next year.
thx
Mark
LVMD

2 Likes

Here you go Laura, Crystal is front plant.
LVMD

11 Likes

There is a hand growing out of your plant :smile:

2 Likes

Yes me trying to show how high they got, had to raise height in greenhouse to give girls room

2 Likes

Other notes for you Laura, in stages, she likes doses of Fox Farm Big Grow, then Big Bloom, and last stage Tiger Bloom. But I only gave them all, including Crystal a dose a week maybe two sometimes a week. So to me they were fed as a treat and they showed it…
Crystal was still not satisfied, some stalks turned purple in sections at end of grow time, so maybe needed more of higher dose of specific nutes. But her being mean all through regular grow still not explained to me. So I still have questions regarding her, but my other girls were fin, same soil type and all else, and turned out very well with major buds and growth as well (4 strains of different brands in my small house) so not been too worried about it.
fyi
LVMD

2 Likes

They are monsters! It would be a harvest id be proud of. Hope my four girls will do the same for me. Hubby & i have smoked for 40 yrs. We used to grow outside but although we live in the country its very illegal here. Also got tired of getting them stolen so we started first indoor grow first of this year. Grew ak47 & amnesia haze. Both were much smaller at this size & very forgiving. Problem i had last grow was with humidity. Went into flower right before harvey hit & didnt have , couldnt get a dehumidifier shipped so think it hurt final product.
Thanks so much as ive talked to few who have grown crystal.

Harvey, oh sh*t. First I truly hope you and all of your family are Ok.
I’m #Vegasstrong .So I cannot imagine floods, not normal here, but other problems here do occur. NV is legal to purchase, smoke, and grow as long as you live in country and 25 miles out from dispensaries., 6 per adult. So they can’t touch me, however I still stay very discrete because I don’t want to have to defend my property but will if I have to, just like TX laws.
Very possible she, Crystal, will like the humidity, she doesn’t like it hot and dry. I can say that in desert poses many different obstacles, heat, high wind, and then we do have a monsoon season at end of season. All in all it has been a great first grow, 4 main girls produced about 2 lbs, and autos while girls were growing produced more. More than I need, but will easily have enough to get me to next harvest. I tried a AK auto did not like it. Cheese and Critical Mass favorite autos…
Good luck with your grow
Mark
LVMD

4 Likes

The ak tastes horrible until its been cured at least a month. Its decent but i need zombie weed. Hubbys got ptsd & im a lil crazy so smoke levels us off. Lol

7 Likes

I had one that who grew like that so I put her into flower after 5 weeks for height pourpose and in that 5 weeks I was able to fim 2 times she just hit day 21 sence flipping the switch to 12 hr cycles

She let me know when she was ready after I femed her the first time she only stressed 1 day and the 2nd time she just explodedthis plant is only 9 weeks from seed

9 Likes

Wow! Hope mine look like that. Beautiful!

They will believe it or not these were grown under a double bulb fixture with 2 6500k 23w cfl house bulbs. She stayed so compact she was only 14 inches tall and 24 inches wide we I put her into flower

4 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971, congrats! So wheres the party you & @bob31 are throwing? Question really, got my nectar of gods. Did you start full strength?

2 Likes

I think it will have to be a virtual party! @Laurap

If you need an answer quickly, I will give you my best guess. But we can wait for cowboy_hat_face as well LOL :cowboy_hat_face: @Countryboyjvd1971

3 Likes

Wow, short & wide. Two of mine are very low & compact while the other two appear taller with smaller leaf span. The one i thought was a dwarf has fought her way up (leaf span originally under half inch,) leaves almost hang over the 5 gal pot. Quite a different grow.

1 Like

Are you using nectar of gods & if so did you start full strength?

1 Like

@Laurap
I’ve been using Nectar For the Gods full strength except for the very first week I fed it. If you’re nervous start Iike half strength, mine are loving it! Hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks ! Gave them their first foliar feed yesterday & plan to start feeding nutes monday. Ill star half first week, then full strength. Gotta p/u a container larger than gallon to mix properly. You recently harvested didnt you? Hope it was plentiful! If im right what strain do you have going now?

2 Likes

We’re growing Blueberry Auto, LowRyder Auto, White Widow, Bubble Gum, Chocolope and Gold Leaf i must have been outta my mind when I planted all of these! We just ordered a 3rd tent because the two we have will not be enuff.
I actually thought several of our seeds weren’t going to germinate so I dropped more. Then everything germinated! So note to self in the future, wait…wait…wait for the seeds to germinate!!! :sunglasses::seedling::v: Rookie mistake for sure.

8 Likes

I’m finally (kinda) learning to be ok with having to be patient. Waiting has never been my friend but this new hobby of mine has forced it on me. Because I know the outcome will be sweet, it’s a little easier (kinda) :wink:

6 Likes