Sick seedlings 3/4" tall

Hello @Bobbi do you have any concerns about these yellow sponges harboring mold? Or, are you adding something to that water?
Perhaps try some of those cheap clay pots, placed bottom side up, to allow it’s drain hole facing up for evaporation? GW

@GW. I wash out the sponges when I change the water every day. Then about every 2-3 days I zap the sponges in my microwave for 1 minute. You can add some tea oil to water if you want, I don’t because I’ve never had a problem.

2 Likes

@bob31 This plant is a chocolope that I fimmed, I’m thinking maybe I didn’t cut down far enough. But then I don’t know what to look for. I took a couple pictures of same plant at different angles, can you tell if I did it correctly?

1 Like

idk @Bobbi but she is a healthy looking gal that’s for sure…lol

1 Like

the picture you posted are the same ones. I’m looking but I can’t see where you fimmed? @Bobbi

I downloaded your pic and drew a line where to FIM

Do not cut through the main stem, only the leaves

II fimmed 8 days ago and the top has all grown out. Can you post a top view of what it should look like after a week? I did cut almost to the bottom 2/3 down. @bob31. I’ll cut the top off again.

Here is what mine looked like when I did it

I took the pic, then looked again and saw I missed a few and when back and neatened up the ones I missed.

I don’t really have a pic at a week out, though I might have missed one somewhere.

1 Like

That’s how mine looked after fimming all 3 plants. Could I bother you again for a side view of it? I think maybe I didn’t cut them down far enough. @bob31

Here is another pic

I think this was a couple days later.

5 Likes

@bob31 I had my mind elsewhere when I re-planted my sprouts into fabric containers. I had two Chocolope sprouts and one Northern lights. I know the first one was a Chocolope, I named her. I mixed up the other two, any way of telling which one is the Northern lights?

You might be able to tell once they are flowering if anything but you may never know for sure
What strains did you mix up ?

@Countryboyjvd1971 Hi John, I mixed up a Northern Lights and a chocolope plant.
The leaves look exactly the same. I fimmed one of the plants and I think I stressed it out, bottom leaves are turning yellow in the center.

1 Like

Can you get a picture in natural light I read the post on how you mixed them up probably need to wait until theyvflowee then maybe we can determine which is which lol

1 Like

@Bobbi sorry kiddo I missed your tag. How’s it going?

The Northern Lights are Autos and should not be all that big. Plus they will start flowering on their own at between 4-6 weeks old.

The Chocolope should grow a lot bigger and not flower until the lights flip to 12/12

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31. The Northern light is from a seed that fell out of my 1st attempt of growing two summers ago and it came from a feminized plant, not an auto. I’m not sure how tall I should let my 3feminized plants get before I switch the lights to 12/12. Right now they are on 18/6 schedule.

2 Likes

@Bobbi my last two NL plants did not get over 3 ft tall…short and stocky…
remember they can double even triple in size flowering.
i hate to tell you an exact size because everyone has different expectations of their plants.
if you want a bigger plant ,vegging longer might work.

Oh ok @Bobbi I think we can probably look at the buds and compare them to pics on the site and hopefully match them up.

How many sets of leaves do they have. A pic would really help!

@bob31 @BIThese are 8 weeks old today, I think I can go to 18/6 light schedule? Sorry I can’t bring them out to natural light, too heavy.

6 Likes

they look very healthy and happy @Bobbi
awesome work!!
we need to build you a mini dolly so you can get your girls out if needed!

1 Like

They look good @Bobbi Great job!

1 Like