Sick seedlings 3/4" tall

I would have guessed that with all the warm, dry air being circulated the mist would evaporate very quickly. Do the carbon filters actually get wet?

1 Like

Yes it sucks in the moisture and renders the carbon useless.
Well that’s my understanding @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 aren’t yous two familiar with the thread I’m talking about

Thanks for the tag @Nug-bug
@HappyCamper Cool mist humidifiers will clog up the filters they look cool but aren’t the best for our application
It the minerals in the water that seems to be causing a fine white dust that clogs the filters
I suggest you purchase a evaporative type humidifier
And place outside tent to raise moisture level in room and allow moist air to be pulled into tent it will be easier for you to maintain the humidity that way in the tent your constantly pulling are out of the tent

Here’s a screen shot of a decent one that should do the job just size to square footage of room

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 - I went with the model you showed me. It’s the smallest room size model that company makes. And the room size they spec out is about twice what I have.

It reminds me of a joke a comedian named Steven Wright used to tell about a room with a humidifier and dehumidifier in it and they would duke it out…

Thanks again for the help / advise.

1 Like

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 I transplanted my 3 babies into cloth bags a few days ago. The tiny pots they were in were infected with gnats, soil loaded with eggs/larvae. I carefully shook the dirt off sprouts so no larvae was transported into new bags. John, the DE arrived and I put a dusting of it down on the new organic soil, topped with perlite potting soil like you suggested so no further gnats would invade. Looks like it worked, no gnats. The two bottom leaves of all three plants are turning a lighter color from over watering but the plants otherwise look healthy. Bob, you’ll have to let me know when and how big/tall my plants need to be before you teach me how to crop. I have 2 Chocolope and 1 Northern Lights, feminized.

Good morning @bobbi What soil was that?

Are you going to SCROG them (put a screen over the top to keep them low) or are you going to maniplulate them through low stress training?

The cropping is taking clones? Or are we talking topping and FIMming? hahaha so many terms! LOL

@bob31 I did buy a SCROG screen but can’t use it because of no room in tent for 3 plants and heater this winter. You said something earlier about tying down branches, topping and maybe Fimming. Not sure which since I don’t know what I’m doing. The soil I purchased was some organic soil which attracted some gnats. I couldn’t find the necessary DE in our area, had to order it. By the time it arrived, the soil was full of gnats!

ok @Bobbi the LST, topping and fimming we can do.

Let’s see now. How big are they? You don’t really want to FIM or Top them until the 5th set of true leaves. Generally that takes 3-4 weeks or so to get that big.

Do you have any thoughts on how tall those girls can get before you run out of room? Also you are going to need something to tie them down with and also something to tie the other ends to. I seem to remember someone recently saying they used a one hole punch to puck holes in their cloth pots so they could tie the plants down to those holes. Follow what I am saying?

Take a look at this post and pic @Bobbi

http://ilgmforum.com/t/thoughts-from-the-morning-garden-continued/14133/1267?u=bob31

1 Like

Good morning bob. I’ll take a picture of my plants in a few hours when the sun comes up. Yes, I can rig something up to tie down the branches. I purchased some 12" tent pegs awhile back that might work, will post a picture of that too later. I sew and have some fabric glue that can be used to attach tabs or mini handles too. Once glued, no amount of washing or water can remove. I like the idea of tying them down. Catch ya later @bob31

1 Like

ok kiddo, sounds good! See ya later on @Bobbi

1 Like

@bob31 All 3 seedlings/sprout? have bottom yellow leaves I think I’ll lose due to over watering while still in potting cup. So not counting them, 2 plants have two sets of full leaves and 1 has 3 sets of full leaves, more coming in center.

The two Chocolope will get 32" - 87" tall and the 1 Northern Light wil be 39"-51" tall.

1 Like

Question about these big fabric planters, I haven’t been soaking the soil in these for run-off measurement, doesn’t seem practical as the plants as so tiny. Is this a big deal or should I be soaking them for run-off? So far, I haven’t been running the fan combo/charcoal filter. Tent has plenty of ventilation and fans running. Plants are 1 3/4" to 2" high. 3 weeks old. @bob31

I would start watering them now at 3 weeks they need more doesn’t need full water to runoff but water around the pot in a circle with some water as needed they need to get dry a bit in between but not too dry lol @Bobbi

Don’t need the filter until they start to smell. The exhaust fan is only needed if you need air exchange in the tent

1 Like

3 weeks old…see edit above

Saw it and edited mine

1 Like

@bob31 Do you have an exhaust fan in your tent other then the combo/charcoal filter? I have a tiny fan bringing fresh air in and have all 3 screened vents open in the tent. I’m NOT running the combo/filter fan yet. Do I need to buy an exhaust fan for the tent? @Countryboyjvd1971 was going to look for one for me awhile back, we never did get together on that Amazon buy. I was also wondering about my curing jars, I have 5 of them with hydrometers in all of them. % is 57% up to 60% I have a food saver with the lid attachment for canning jars. Should I wait for the % to get lower and keeping burping or can I safely seal the MJ in the jars.

I’m sorry @Bobbi if I forgot you there
You don’t need a second exhaust you could just use the one that came with filter and remove filter if you don’t want to use it
I personally use my filter and exhaust fan 24-7 whenever I have something in my tents
Plants or drying

@Countryboyjvd1971 Okay, I really didn’t want to spend the money anyway! Do you seal up your MJ with the Food Savers? What are your thoughts on when it’s safe to jar/seal them up. Finish curing first or cure in the sealed jars if % is low enough?

1 Like

@Bobbi I dry and jar my bud burp for about two weeks then I seal my jars using vacuum sealer
And I’ll open jars every couple weeks for a month to burp then reseal with vac sealer and store long term

1 Like